PDA

View Full Version : Power commander V fuel map

aka1004
05-06-2021, 05:18 PM
I felt pc V really didn’t add much performance and I finally got around to opening fuel map and found there wasn’t much modifications to fuel map.
Dynojet’s explanation was that map is just a stock map and you need to take the spyder to a dyno shop or use autotune to build a map.

The map downloaded from their website wasn’t much better.

aka1004
05-06-2021, 05:22 PM
I made a typical diagonal powerband map and it seems to be little better but I think I will opt for dual band autotune as this is basically working blind to make a map guessing.

Also, there is no ignition modification.

Snowbelt Spyder
05-06-2021, 06:42 PM
Hey aka. A number of years ago, the PC V box came with another box called the O2 Optimizer. It's purpose was to intercept the signal from the O2 sensor, modify it, and basically spoof the ECU into thinking that the AFR was something that it wasn't. That then enabled us to change the fuel map values in the closed loop operating area. That's the area in that map below 60% throttle position and is automatically controlled by the O2 sensor feedback. I ran that for a few years until it failed.

Then you might recall that a few years ago, the EPA came down hard on Harley because their original version of the Screaming Eagle Tuner essentially was doing the same thing. Messing around with the AFR in the closed loop section of the map is a violation. Harley had to make changes to their tuner and buy back all of their unsold tuners from the dealers. Owners could keep what they got but the new version is not the same as the old one. In the mean time, Dynojet got rid of their O2 Optimizer and edited all of their maps to put 0's in all of those squares.

Bottom line, any changes you make to the map below 60% throttle position will just be counteracted and undone by the control action between the O2 sensor and the ECU. You're not accomplishing anything below 60% throttle. On the 998 engine, if you really want to retune and remap, get an ECU flash instead. I don't even think that the Autotune will do anything anymore except above 60% throttle. (which is called open loop, by the way) And by the time you invest in all of that, you still won't have what the ECU flash will give you. If you don't want to send your ECU to Canada, send it to Wick-it.

https://www.monsterfuelinjection.com

https://wick-itperformance.com