PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Down!

BajaRon
05-04-2021, 05:26 PM
My Ryker Rally has been leaking some oil at the output shaft seal for the rear drive. It's in for some R&R on that. First output shaft seal I've heard of leaking.

chris56
05-05-2021, 12:52 AM
My Ryker Rally has been leaking some oil at the output shaft seal for the rear drive. It's in for some R&R on that. First output shaft seal I've heard of leaking.

had the same - was made under warranty (around 15.000 miles..)

BajaRon
05-05-2021, 09:18 AM
had the same - was made under warranty (around 15.000 miles..)

Thank you for the information. My service writer said that he was not aware of any of these seals going bad. I know this guy and he is very straight with me. He isn't claiming he knows for sure that no seals have been a problem. Just that he is not aware of any issues. I assume that you've been good since the repair?

ARtraveler
05-05-2021, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the information. Please keep the site updated. :bowdown:

PMA88
05-06-2021, 10:27 PM
I had the same problem twice - I have my ryker from April 2019. It was fixed on warranty. Firstly they changed only the seal on the final drive. Secondly they changed the final drive and also the drive shaft, because the design of the shaft was supposedly changed on 2020 rykers due to its unbalanced design making the damage on the final drive seal.

RykerUSA
05-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Same problem at 12,000 mile. New final drive unit under warrenty.

Pantera
05-09-2021, 10:43 AM
I am hoping my 2021 does not end up with this problem.

BajaRon
05-09-2021, 01:55 PM
I am hoping my 2021 does not end up with this problem.

Well, this does not align well with my service writers information. Mine is an early 2019. I hope I don't need major surgery on it. but it has been leaking since very early on, if not day 1. It was so slight I wasn't aware of it until recently. I appreciate all the feedback.

Tslepebull
06-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Well, this does not align well with my service writers information. Mine is an early 2019. I hope I don't need major surgery on it. but it has been leaking since very early on, if not day 1. It was so slight I wasn't aware of it until recently. I appreciate all the feedback.

Ron, did you ever get your final drive replaced? My dealer has filed a case with BRP but has not been contacted back yet. It has been at the dealer for three weeks last Wednesday. Is BRP usually this slow?

JayBros
06-13-2021, 11:35 AM
Shawn Smoak has a fairly recent video with the first case he's seen; replaced the whole assembly as a unit. It appeared to my not so well educated eye that a worn/defective seal was the culprit.

BajaRon
06-13-2021, 03:38 PM
I think my original post must have been misleading. My leak is from the gear box, not the final drive. It's the output shaft for the drive shaft that is leaking. And, after the 'Fix'. It's still leaking. It's going back into the shop soon to try again. I hope replacing the seal (again) will do the trick.

RykerRick
06-13-2021, 08:15 PM
Ever since you reported your leak at the output shaft seal, I've add that to one of the areas that I regularly check during periodic inspections. I've always checked the rear final drive for leaks, but didnt think about the output shaft seal until you mentioned it.