PDA

View Full Version : Tire Help in Florida

rsnider1961
05-03-2021, 11:44 AM
My 2020 RT Limited is now close to 11K miles and I am needing a new rear tire. I just left Sky Powersports in Lakeland to see about installing the Vredestein Quatrac 5 on the ride and they refused due to "liability." I am now trying to locate a shop (hopefully) in Central Florida that would be willing to install the tires. I am willing to purchase through the shop or purchase and bring in for installation. Does anyone in the group have a suggestion on where to find a shop that might be willing to help?

Thanks for your input in advance...

always young
05-03-2021, 01:15 PM
Try going to a motorcycle shop to have the tire mounted if the wheel is already off the bike. That's what I had done when I replaced it with a Kumho tire on the rear. If the wheel is still on the bike I can't help you there as I'm on the opposite coast of Florida from you.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-03-2021, 01:59 PM
My 2020 RT Limited is now close to 11K miles and I am needing a new rear tire. I just left Sky Powersports in Lakeland to see about installing the Vredestein Quatrac 5 on the ride and they refused due to "liability." I am now trying to locate a shop (hopefully) in Central Florida that would be willing to install the tires. I am willing to purchase through the shop or purchase and bring in for installation. Does anyone in the group have a suggestion on where to find a shop that might be willing to help?

I live in Vermont so I can't help with that question .... however if you can remove the front wheels , buy the tires and bring with yours to any shop that does tire changes .... they can probably balance them also ..... good luck ... Mike :thumbup:

ulflyer
05-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Start calling other BRP dealers. Others might install for you.

AZCanAm
05-03-2021, 03:10 PM
If you remove the wheels, pretty much any tire shop will do it.

https://www.discounttire.com/store/fl/lake-city/s/2026

K80Shooter
05-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Check with Cycle Gear, they are in both Orlando and Tampa

jtoro1
05-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Call central fl powersports in Kissimmee or route 1 powersports in Malabar fl they can do it

rsnider1961
05-03-2021, 06:37 PM
Thanks so much for all the suggestions, I will get on the phone tomorrow and see what kind of luck I have.

Gwolf
05-03-2021, 06:52 PM
I pull the wheels off and take them to a local tire shop. They will mount the tires on the wheels, but won't take the wheels off and put them on. Removing the wheels is not a big job.

Bumble_B
05-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Action Can Am in Bradenton said they will mount my non OEM tires on my 2020. They never use to. I know I told them I did not like having to travel an extra hour to Barney's in Tampa area to get my General mounted 2 years ago.

Snoking1127
05-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Check with Cycle Gear, they are in both Orlando and Tampa

Our local Cycle Gear shop will not do Spyder tires.

Tango
05-04-2021, 09:13 AM
You can also call Seminole Power Sports. I believe they will do it. Sanford, and Eustis. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

rsnider1961
05-04-2021, 11:11 AM
You all have been a tremendous help - I appreciate the input.

Tango
05-04-2021, 08:29 PM
You all have been a tremendous help - I appreciate the input.

Let us know what dealer you went to? :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

rsnider1961
05-05-2021, 09:29 AM
After calling around I found Seminole Powersports to have the best deal. They would only sell me the Kendra, however, they are willing to install the General Altimax RT43 tires if I purchase and bring to them. There price is $205 to remove wheels from the bike, mount the new tires and reinstall on the bike. I have ordered the tires and will hopefully take care of this next week.

I have a 2020 RTL that I purchased last August and am getting it ready for a fun summer. I was on a ride through Georgia a couple weekends back and got into some rain. As I was going, it hit a puddle and hydroplaned a bit, however, I was able to keep control. During the event my Pedal Commander started acting up. As I would give the bike throttle, there was about a 2-3 second delay and then when I would let off the throttle there was a 2-3 second delay. Also, the throttle response was very iffy in how much power would be applied and then how slow if would ease off. My wife and I found a hotel in Waycross and I took the Pedal Commander off, made sure it was dried out overnight, reinstalled the next morning and everything has been good since.

With all of that said, I realized that I needed to have better tread on the rear tire as I now have approximately 11K miles on the factory tire. The tires cost me $276 and the mounting will add another $205 - for the safety factor (and hopefully better ride quality) I believe this is a wise decision. As I spoke with the sales team at the dealerships they warned me that I was making a bad decision going with a car tire and said I would have sidewall issue, however, I have not heard of that issue on this forum from anyone that has went that direction.

Thanks all for your help.

K80Shooter
05-05-2021, 09:56 AM
The main thing that I think you need to do is make sure of the air pressure they put in the tires. There's lots of threads on here about that.

WingmanRT
09-02-2022, 03:05 PM

Try RideNow Powersports in Ocala