PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Mounting Vredestein Q5 front tires.

Gary123
04-27-2021, 03:04 PM
I remember seeing a post a year or two ago concerning the mounting of the Q5 front tires that helped to have the water spray from the tires to be directed to the outside of the trike instead of towards the inside under the spyder. There was something about the blue line on the tires being mounted on inside towards the spyder or on the outside away from the spyder.
Would appreciate help on finding the thread or advice on if there is something I should have done when having the tires mounted.

MONK
04-27-2021, 03:37 PM
The Q5s have "outside" and "inside" written on the tires. I would expect the best bet is to mount them that way.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-27-2021, 03:39 PM
I remember seeing a post a year or two ago concerning the mounting of the Q5 front tires that helped to have the water spray from the tires to be directed to the outside of the trike instead of towards the inside under the spyder. There was something about the blue line on the tires being mounted on inside towards the spyder or on the outside away from the spyder.
Would appreciate help on finding the thread or advice on if there is something I should have done when having the tires mounted.

Can't help with that specific post .... however my Q-5's have " inner side" embossed on the sidewall .... which indicates the " Blue line " is to the outside .... also there arn't any " directional arrows on the sidewall ..... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

EdMat
04-27-2021, 03:47 PM

Gary, I think this is the thread you are thinking about. You are going to like them. Have them front and rear on mine and have settled on 18 PSI all the way around.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?132867-Q5-Mounting-Direction

Adventurer
04-27-2021, 05:53 PM
The Q5s have "outside" and "inside" written on the tires. I would expect the best bet is to mount them that way.

I wonder which side is outside on the rear wheel :roflblack:

Steve W.
04-27-2021, 10:19 PM
I wonder which side is outside on the rear wheel :roflblack:
Obviously, ... it's the side you can SEE. :dontknow: