PDA

View Full Version : Connecting an iPhone 12 to a 2013 RT - Any ideas/advice?

GlenCreek
04-22-2021, 05:56 PM
Ok guys I have searched the forums trying to find the answer. Either I知 not searching properly or this exact topic has not been talked about. I知 trying to connect my iPhone 12 to my 2013 rt. I bought an adapter for 30 pin to the new fire connection. No go. I知 looking into buying the attached (picture) and using the aux adapter I use in my truck. Has anyone used one with success? The product says for 2014-2021 so I知 hesitant to purchase it. If not can someone tell me if it痴 even possible to connect an iPhone to the 2013 rt?

Thanks in advance

Flamewinger
04-22-2021, 06:56 PM
I believe you will find a DIN outlet in the back wall of the frunk that this adapter will plug into. You will then need a bluetooth receiver (LamonsterGarage or Amazon) to plug into it. Then you can pair the phone to the BT receiver and have phone music in the bike's system. To hear music and sounds from the bike to a bluetooth headset you'll need a Sena SM10.

The adapter you show will not work for the 2018 and newer models.

Bfromla
04-22-2021, 06:56 PM
Have successfully connected with apple brand lighting to 30pin adapter & had proper controls with radio. Not so much luck with off brand adapters. *not a iPhone 12 either but older*

porkchop1965
04-22-2021, 08:05 PM
My IPHONE 12 works great with my 2012 RTS.........I throw it in the trunk and take it out when I arrive at my destination.
I'm relatively new here, but two wheels or three, I just have no interest in electronics while riding........or a GPS.....

trong
04-22-2021, 09:12 PM
I have a 2013 RT-L that came with the Apple 30-pin iPod adapter and it work fine with an older iPod. I have yet tried to connect my iPhone 12 to the RT-L audio system. I think you can connect an iPhone 12 with lightning to 3.5mm audio adapter to the AUX port, if you have the right cable for your Spyder, but then you can't control the iPhone, just whatever it happens to play.
I also have a 30-pin Apple style Bluetooth adapter but I have yet tried to it on the Spyder. You make me curious now, will have to try it soon to see if the Spyder likes it or not.
Cheers!

Bfromla
04-22-2021, 10:02 PM
I have a 2013 RT-L that came with the Apple 30-pin iPod adapter and it work fine with an older iPod. I have yet tried to connect my iPhone 12 to the RT-L audio system. I think you can connect an iPhone 12 with lightning to 3.5mm audio adapter to the AUX port, if you have the right cable for your Spyder, but then you can't control the iPhone, just whatever it happens to play.
I also have a 30-pin Apple style Bluetooth adapter but I have yet tried to it on the Spyder. You make me curious now, will have to try it soon to see if the Spyder likes it or not.

Cheers!
The 3.5mm headphone jack will pipe whatever audio source is playing & only control will be the bikes volume. The (Apple)lightning to 30 pin Adapter allows more. *when stoped*

https://youtu.be/eqf6LOVsS2k
:2thumbs:Thanks Finless wherever you may be:dontknow::dontknow: see last post was in 19:coffee: