PDA

View Full Version : Jim Thorpe

Snakeyes
04-19-2021, 08:20 PM
Beautiful day in SE PA so the son and I decided to take a ride towards the Poconos and visit a quaint little town called Jim Thorpe - named after one of the best athletes to ever play sports or participate in the Olympics. Try to read the plaques and to see some of the amazing accomplishments he had.

We had a burger and a brew at Molly Maguires and the overall trip was 215 miles - a very nice day.

Sorry about the orientation of the pics.

Peter Aawen
04-19-2021, 08:55 PM
.... - named after one of the best athletes to ever play sports or participate in the Olympics. ......

Sorry about the orientation of the pics.

He was certainly an 'All round Sportsman' & phenomenal Athlete, wasn't he!? :thumbup:

And don't worry too much about the orientation of the pics - if readers click on the thumbnails, they should display the right way up. :ohyea:

Tango
04-19-2021, 09:39 PM
Wife and I have been there many times. Great little town. And he was indeed one of the best athletes ever! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

pegasus1300
04-19-2021, 10:19 PM
My Dad first taught me about Jim Thorpe when I was a kid. I have always admired him. I didn't know there was a town named for him. Thanks for the pictures.

Valkrocket
04-20-2021, 04:49 AM
Great movie released in 1951 starring Burt Lancaster as Thorpe. If you can, find the movie (Jim Thorpe - All American) and learn about one of Americas true athletes. :popcorn: Before the NBA, NFL and MLB made their millions. :mad:

bikerbillone
04-20-2021, 05:15 AM
Been there, a truly interesting town, so much to see, so much history.