PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback/comments on Driver Foot Board Risers from users?

bikerbillone
04-19-2021, 05:58 AM
Any comments on the 2020 RTL foot board risers from those that have done the install?

Knizar
04-19-2021, 06:48 AM
They work Great on my 2020RTL. Stable, easy install, and makes brake pedal easier access. Wife can get on easier and I feel more comfortable with these risers and the two inch handlebar riser from Lamonster. Best 2 mods on my ride!

bikerbillone
04-19-2021, 06:59 AM
Thanks Knizar, on the cusp of pulling the trigger on this.

KX5062
04-19-2021, 08:48 AM
I did it. The Lamonster kit was (as usual) well engineered and very well made. The installation was easy and quick. The hardest part is supporting the weight of the floorboards while keeping the holes aligned as you insert the bolts. The difference is rather subtle, but noticeable. However, I do think you need to also raise the brake pedal too. I did it myself with parts I had laying about. I raised it about 1/2" and that was good enough for me. Others might want to purchase the brake pedal riser kit also sold by Lamonster, which raises the pedal even further.

ButterSmooth
04-19-2021, 09:24 AM
I did it. The Lamonster kit was (as usual) well engineered and very well made. The installation was easy and quick. The hardest part is supporting the weight of the floorboards while keeping the holes aligned as you insert the bolts. The difference is rather subtle, but noticeable. However, I do think you need to also raise the brake pedal too. I did it myself with parts I had laying about. I raised it about 1/2" and that was good enough for me. Others might want to purchase the brake pedal riser kit also sold by Lamonster, which raises the pedal even further.

KX5062 pretty much nailed it. Two additional comments: I can now use the whole floorboard (front to rear); Seat pressure on my thighs is reduced. I have Lamonster's brake pedal riser, and in combination with the boards, I have much better control of the brakes.