PDA

View Full Version : Just had version 3.0 front sprocket fitted

askitee
04-15-2021, 07:43 PM
I own a 2017 RTL bought new in Mar 2018 which has just turned 61000 km.

3 days ago it had its third front sprocket replaced with version 3.0 (the white one). As I am out of the 3yr warranty (expired Jan) I am thankful BRP had the work done as warranty on both parts and labor.

Worth keeping in mind for those like me who seem to have it replaced as a routine to ask BRP for it to be warranty.

The old one .... It had begun rattling on a long trip, which my co-spyder-riders and I blamed on the Belt Dampener (it sounded the same when we probed around). When removed the spline looked like a saw blade ... not much meat left at all so I was lucky.

BRP also replaced the headlights (lower ones which I believe are fog-lights in the US) as they had misted over.

Thank you to BRP for both if you read this.

bigbadbrucie
04-15-2021, 09:10 PM
Great to hear, Askitee. Plus it’s nice to hear PLEASANT remarks about BRP after reading so many negatives on here. Thanks for posting.

bikerchris1270
04-16-2021, 01:26 AM
I own a 2017 RTL bought new in Mar 2018 which has just turned 61000 km.

3 days ago it had its third front sprocket replaced with version 3.0 (the white one). As I am out of the 3yr warranty (expired Jan) I am thankful BRP had the work done as warranty on both parts and labor.

Worth keeping in mind for those like me who seem to have it replaced as a routine to ask BRP for it to be warranty.

The old one .... It had begun rattling on a long trip, which my co-spyder-riders and I blamed on the Belt Dampener (it sounded the same when we probed around). When removed the spline looked like a saw blade ... not much meat left at all so I was lucky.

BRP also replaced the headlights (lower ones which I believe are fog-lights in the US) as they had misted over.

Thank you to BRP for both if you read this.

Wow, that’s dealer service! Here in the states...... good luck .