PDA

View Full Version : Spyder to Harley to Spyder??

proudcoppop
09-04-2009, 06:49 AM
WOW
Sure like the new touring Spyder just might need to get one of those when it is time to trade the Harley after a year or two. I will be very interested in watching Spyderlovers and reading ride and problem reports for the RT and letting prices for the new model settle down.
Hopefully many of the first production model run issues will disappear with the new model intro.
I am glad I got the Harley two weeks ago before the announcement. I think the new model will drive down the resale values of machines like my 08 SM5 that I sold on E Bay.
What do you fellow Hoosiers all think of the new RT and probable trade in values?
As is normal, even though my Spyder was loaded with options, dealers still went by the book and ignored options, even high $$ items like the HID's. Amazing how when you buy a vehicle the salesman tells you how fantastic and what a good buy it is but later when you try and trade the same person gives you a tale of sorrow as to why he can only allow a fraction of the original amount. E Bay proved to be a better option but new toys always cost you a few more pennies don't they! K Sarah - the price of enjoyment!!

retread
09-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm not worried about resale for my 08 SM5, I'll keep it till I can't ride it anymore, and ryde it every chance I get. However, the RT just might get me to come out of retirement so I can afford it.

john

NewRider
09-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I would love to have one of the new top-end Spyders...but would have to win the lottery to manage it. At age 67, on fixed pensions...the coin just ain't there...sigh...:(

But then again...I'd love to have one of those new Arizona-built Stallion trikes in my garage, too!;)