PDA

View Full Version : Shorty windscreen? Is there such a thing?

MONK
04-11-2021, 03:01 PM
I'm looking for a factory type cut down windscreen. I don't want to cut down my own windscreen. I'm just not that talented. Can Am website doesn't show anything but I could swear someone mentioned one.

I know about the aftermarket.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-11-2021, 10:47 PM
I'm looking for a factory type cut down windscreen. I don't want to cut down my own windscreen. I'm just not that talented. Can Am website doesn't show anything but I could swear someone mentioned one.

I know about the aftermarket.

What about this one? https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/us/en/219400956-adjustable-sport-windshield.html

mr z
04-12-2021, 12:10 AM
That is the one I use in the summer and I really like it

Hoginedgewood
04-12-2021, 04:13 AM
Don't cut yourself short. Get some tips on how to shorten what you have. If it doesn't work out then you can get your wallet out.

Valkrocket
04-12-2021, 04:14 AM
I like it. Perfect for those hot Carolicki days ahead. I've never removed the windshield on my 21 RTL. any tips or is it straight forward?:dontknow:

pidjones
04-12-2021, 06:13 AM
This interests me also. I have run a short sport shield on the GL1800 for years because I prefer to look over it and at 5'9" that was a stretch. I also placed a Saeng strip on it to catch and redirect rain and condensation so it wouldn't run down the inside of the shield. I just wonder if another mounting hole in the stock shield would allow it to drop down about 2 - 3".

ulflyer
04-12-2021, 06:31 AM
Jurock will make you any size you want.

MONK
04-12-2021, 07:07 AM
Idaho---Thanks. I think that's the one I was looking for. Couldn't seem to find it on the BuRP site so that's why I asked here.

All---I don't want to cut down my OEM windscreen. I like it but want something shorter for summer. I'd actually like to trade one of my aftermarket windscreens for the stock shorty windscreen but that's for another thread. I'd rather not buy another windscreen. Actually, I WON'T buy another windscreen. Four is too many.

DPSPYDER
04-18-2021, 08:40 AM
I have one for sale now. It is almost new with no scratches, bumps or bruises. I suspect it is from BRP but I am not sure. It was on my bike when I purchased from the dealership. It is 23 inches tall. Factory height on a RT is 15 inches. I just posted it in the FS Forum of this site. $225 with shipping to the lower 48 states.

3whlLefty
04-18-2021, 08:32 PM
I have one of the shorter W/S' on my 2016 RTL. I think they are referred to as 'Euro' which comes from European limits on how tall a motorcycle can be. Don't quote me on this.
I like it a lot. I feel a reason for riding is the wind in you face and feeling outdoors. I would think BRP would have it in their catalog. I got mine from the FSBO section of SpyderLovers.
I also have 2 full sized W/S' on the shelf that I would love to sell. One is vented and one is solid.

Good luck finding what you want.