PDA

View Full Version : F4 Windshield installation - No loctite?

TIMEMACHINE
04-09-2021, 04:17 PM
The instructions for my new F4 Customs windshield say to not use any loctite. Can anyone confirm this? My impulse is to use some on the mounting bolts, but I was curious what others did?

MONK
04-09-2021, 04:20 PM
I've got a multitude of aftermarket windscreens (2 F4s and a 7Jurock). I've never put any Loctite on any of the windscreen bolts. The windscreen isn't going anywhere.

Hoginedgewood
04-09-2021, 05:59 PM
Fishing line works

RICZ
04-09-2021, 08:38 PM
I never heard of putting thread locker on windshield fasteners. I want to be able to remove it occasionally to give it a good polishing.

Navydad
04-09-2021, 08:55 PM
Loctite can and will damage certain types of plastics as will some silicon sealer products. It can make the plastic around the area brittle. Better safe than sorry and forget the Loctite.

TIMEMACHINE
04-12-2021, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I really wanted to put a dab on the mounting screws, which are at the base of the windshield. The mounting bracket is metal and the screws go into the four empty screw holes already in the Ryker.

I resisted the urge. Thanks again.

Markubis
04-13-2021, 08:01 AM
Loctite can and will damage certain types of plastics as will some silicon sealer products. It can make the plastic around the area brittle. Better safe than sorry and forget the Loctite.

THIS ^^

The solvents in the loctite can damage the chemical properties of the plastic....making it brittle and crack.