PDA

View Full Version : Any Feed Back on the ISCI Hand Brake

ISCI Billy
09-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Looking for feed back on the ISCI Hand Brake. We have been shipping now for a few months and would like to hear any feed back or questions on the brake or any product that we offer.

ISCI Billy
:spyder2:

www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com)

LittleJohn
09-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Billy,
I dont have one yet, but its on my short list.

I will be able to ryde again in about 3 monthst and will be ordering one of your brake setups soon. Are you still giving a discount for disabled riders?

ISCI Billy
09-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Billy,
I dont have one yet, but its on my short list.

I will be able to ryde again in about 3 monthst and will be ordering one of your brake setups soon. Are you still giving a discount for disabled riders?

Yes we are in fact giving a 15% discount to disabled riders. At this point we are using the honor system and it has been going quite well. I will be happy to help when the time comes. Just let me know..

ISCI Billy

LittleJohn
09-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes we are in fact giving a 15% discount to disabled riders. At this point we are using the honor system and it has been going quite well. I will be happy to help when the time comes. Just let me know..

ISCI Billy
Will do Thanks!!!

You dont happen to be a dealer for Pingel or Klicktronics shifters too do ya???? LOL:clap:

HD2CANAM
09-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Looking for feed back on the ISCI Hand Brake. We have been shipping now for a few months and would like to hear any feed back or questions on the brake or any product that we offer.

ISCI Billy

I have purchased every product you make for the :spyder: and as I have stated in other threads, the workmanship and design are first class. The handbrake is my favorite. I had ridden a Harley for years and it took some time to adjust to the "non lean" riding and not putting my foot down when I stopped. I finally adjusted to these two things, but I kept reaching for the handbrake every time I started to slow down. I now use it constantly and the brake pedal redesign was a stroke of genius. My wife loves your passenger floorboards.:bowdown: I remember hearing that your company bought both an SE5 and a SM5. I would like to buy some BRP bags and wonder if they would fit with the passenger floorboards?

ISCI Billy
09-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I have purchased every product you make for the :spyder: and as I have stated in other threads, the workmanship and design are first class. The handbrake is my favorite. I had ridden a Harley for years and it took some time to adjust to the "non lean" riding and not putting my foot down when I stopped. I finally adjusted to these two things, but I kept reaching for the handbrake every time I started to slow down. I now use it constantly and the brake pedal redesign was a stroke of genius. My wife loves your passenger floorboards.:bowdown: I remember hearing that your company bought both an SE5 and a SM5. I would like to buy some BRP bags and wonder if they would fit with the passenger floorboards?

We are a Givi dealer and do sell bags that work with our floorboards. BRP sells bags made by Givi. I am pretty sure that I can get you sweet deal on some bags that I have in stock. New not used. Let me know if I can be of help or if you would like to see some pictures. I have a bike on site with the bags and a trunk. Very nice!

ISCI Billy

MizMuffet
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
It tops my want list. Ever since breaking my right leg, rotating my foot inward and pointing the toe downward with pressure such as depressing the brake, causes me pain and I worry about having the strength to do a hard emergency start.
Nice to know about the discount. But it's still more than I can afford.

ISCI Billy
09-03-2009, 02:43 PM

We do offer bags that work with our passenger boards. If you are interested let me know and I can send you a picture.

ISCI Billy

BajaRon
09-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I know Lamont loves his. I've ridden his Spyder and it is much better than my mechanical cable version.

Very good quality and excellent engineering. Top notch. Will stop the Spyder no problem without ever toucing the foot brake.

Putt-Putt
09-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't care how good it is $1200 is way tooo much for a hand brake.

GregD
09-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Billy
Got a bum leg and will need a hand brake for a 2010 RT SE5 which I am ordering. I hope you will have the new models covered.
GregD

ISCI Billy
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Billy
Got a bum leg and will need a hand brake for a 2010 RT SE5 which I am ordering. I hope you will have the new models covered.
GregD

Not going to be a problem. May have to make a minor change, not sure at this point. We will know very soon. Thanks for your interest. When you get one you will love it!

ISCI Billy

ISCI Billy
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't care how good it is $1200 is way tooo much for a hand brake.

I do understand that this is a sizeable investment in your bike. However when you consider that over 40 components mostly machined parts make up the brake system it actually is a lot for the money in our opinion. Also when you consider the discount we offer for those who can not ride without it most would say that is certainly worth the money. I do however understand your postion and value your opinion.

ISCI Billy

HD2CANAM
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
We are a Givi dealer and do sell bags that work with our floorboards. BRP sells bags made by Givi. I am pretty sure that I can get you sweet deal on some bags that I have in stock. New not used. Let me know if I can be of help or if you would like to see some pictures. I have a bike on site with the bags and a trunk. Very nice!

ISCI Billy
Would definitely be interested. I have the silver 2009 SM5. Would appreciate some pictures.:clap:

Pete Denzer
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Had several issues with OEM brakes not being up to snuff. Tech at dealership bled brakes and hooked up to computer as per shop manual as I watched. When it came time to measure braking pressure at master cylinder I had to STAND on brake pedal to bring all my 160 pounds to bear on it to generate the prescribed 508 psi at the pressure sensor. Tech did everything thoroughly using the manual, this was his first time at it and next time he will be faster. I road tested the brakes afterward, had harder (less spongy) pedal but no improvement in stopping distance (got it up to 60 by speedo on back road straightaway, applying brakes at reference mark, a "bridge ahead" sign, and measuring results, it was all I could do to stop within 210 feet). Took Spyder home, removed front pads and scuffed with sandpaper, took back to test site, improved braking registered 189 feet -- that's a balls-out full panic stop on a recently-resurfaced tarmac surface -- that SUCKS, that brake/tire/weight combo should stop in much less that 140 feet.

Installed ISCI handbrake system, complicated by my BRP extended passenger pegs, windshield clearance issues and Parkinson's-related spazziness, but I got it done all by myself, took me a full day but I'm no longer a professional mechanic, though I have a great selection of tools from my long-ago (30 years) former career as a heavy equipment mechanic.

Now when I put all my weight on the brake pedal, applying the handbrake afterward with average effort from a medium-sized right hand forces the foot brake down even further, VASTLY IMPROVING STOPPING DISTANCE. To be honest, I haven't had a chance to get back to my secret test area, the road was having its shoulders trimmed back today, but I'm sure my stopping distance will be much better. Most heavy cruisers (which out-brake sport bikes in 60-0 tests due to longer wheelbases and more weight proportionately over the back brake) can stop in 130 feet or much less from 60 mph, as can sport bikes risking "stoppies" and most cars with four-wheel disk brakes.

Showed setup to techs at shop, all of whom are much heavier than I, and they, too, observed the added pedal travel afforded the brakes using the hand lever. Part of this is ergonomic: Someone with a 36-inch inseam will have his lower leg at a sharper angle, allowing him greater ankle movement and ability to press down on the brake pedal regardless of weight, so the improvement noticed will not be as much as me with my 29-inch trousers. My dentist, who rides, is a REALLY big guy, probably 300 pounds, managed to move the pedal pretty far with his size-14 right foot, but he still liked the handbrake addition. Everyone was impressed by the neat factory-installed look of the setup.

This is by far the most expensive addition to my 2009 SE5. Worth every cent, my biggest complaint is that it had to be done at all, which I lay at BRP's feet. "I don't see why they didn't do this at the factory," said my tech.

ISCI Billy
09-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Would definitely be interested. I have the silver 2009 SM5. Would appreciate some pictures.:clap:

Check this out!

Billy

ISCI Billy
09-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Check this out!

Billy

Here is one that is a little better.

ISCI Billy