PDA

View Full Version : LOVE THAT 2010 RT FRONT END BUMPER

Motza
09-02-2009, 11:19 PM
That is really a sharp bumper design, wonder if you'll be able to retrofit one onto our '08 -'09 models. Anyone think this could be done? :dontknow:

:bowdown: :pray:

tjfischer
09-02-2009, 11:28 PM
That is really a sharp bumper design, wonder if you'll be able to retro fit one onto our '08 -'09 models. Anyone think this could be done? :dontknow:

Since its a bigger front trunk, you you porbablly have to retrofit both in order to get it on an older Spyder.

Motza
09-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Since its a bigger front trunk, you you porbablly have to retrofit both in order to get it on an older Spyder.

Be nice if they made them as an accessory for the '08- '09. I'd buy one in a heart beat!

burg650
09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Do not think they will as they want you to buy the RT, I do like the new look but for that money I will add a few more thousand and get the Stallion Trike and I do plan on getting it.

Motza
09-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Do not think they will as they want you to buy the RT, I do like the new look but for that money I will add a few more thousand and get the Stallion Trike and I do plan on getting it.

what is a Stallion Trike?

spyryder
09-02-2009, 11:49 PM

Looks like a jellybean.:yikes:

burg650
09-03-2009, 12:06 AM

See it here http://southwesttrikes.com/stallion.htm

BillGargan
09-03-2009, 12:07 AM
http://southwesttrikes.com/stallion.htm

aka1004
09-03-2009, 12:12 AM

i am in vegas this week and going to see if the dealer here will let me test drive one if they have one in stock
i've been looking at this also but i doubt it would handle as well as :spyder2: maintenance should be cheaper with ford 4 cyl. in them :D

aka1004
09-03-2009, 12:21 AM
i change my mind. i took another look on their website and compared to RT, it looks so tacky.

Bersquack
09-03-2009, 06:16 AM
The Stallion Trikes are cool, but it does not beat the spyder IMHO.

wolfshead1
09-03-2009, 07:06 AM
I testes Stallion and it is very nice with air and heat,getting in and out was tough cause I'm old and big.Everything was great except I felt as though I was in a Rubbermaid dumpster with a windshield.Just kidding.

Motza
09-03-2009, 07:07 AM
The topic ... RT front bumper

bone crusher
09-03-2009, 07:51 AM

What's a bumper? :joke:

3wheeldemon
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM

In topic:

I asked my dealer, change all front end + match the color. He believes the upper side panels did not change.

Out of topic:

Still drooling for a tri-busa if somebody would cover the guarantee in Houston:

http://thekneeslider.com/images/2009/08/hayabusa-trike.jpg

ataDude
09-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Have you tested one? I did once upon a time... and came away from the experience extremely disappointed.

Firefly
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM

You're gonna add more than a 'few thousand' to get into a Stallion. The basic Stallion is $33,000--- that's $10,000+ more than the basic RT.

They're kind of neat--- but I doubt they handle as well as the Spyder. Seen a few in person--- pretty neat-- but really more like a car IMO.

3wheeldemon
09-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Going back to the topic. The new RT wheelbase is 3 inches wider. Maybe my dealer was wrong and is not that easy to replace the front...:dontknow:

bone crusher
09-03-2009, 02:30 PM
In topic:

I asked my dealer, change all front end + match the color. He believes the upper side panels did not change.

Out of topic:

Looks like it needs a trunk in front...in fact, it doesn't look like it's a completed vehicle...rear tire not too great in the rain...

Smylinacha
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
In topic:

Out of topic:

I like that one!:2thumbs:

3wheeldemon
09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Looks like it needs a trunk in front...in fact, it doesn't look like it's a completed vehicle...rear tire not too great in the rain...

We all lived without trunks all our lives until getting spoiled by our Spyders.

I agree with you that, in general, doesn't look too safe. I hope at least one of the big four Japanese comes with a front three-wheeler designed from the ground up. I wrote letters to all of them 3 weeks ago. I wil post any response. On the mean time....:popcorn::D

3WD

Motza
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM

I agree with you that, in general, doesn't look too safe. I hope at least one of the big four Japanese comes with a front three-wheeler designed from the ground up. I wrote letters to all of them 3 weeks ago. I wil post any response. On the mean time....:popcorn::D

3WD
great idea I'm hoping Honda would jump on that with their new DN-01 automatic
priced around $15,499

SpyderDeb
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I testes Stallion and it is very nice with air and heat,getting in and out was tough cause I'm old and big.Everything was great except I felt as though I was in a Rubbermaid dumpster with a windshield.Just kidding.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Good One! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

aka1004
09-03-2009, 11:36 PM
went to stallion dealer today and it's almost a car... a kit car...

3wheeldemon
09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
great idea I'm hoping Honda would jump on that with their new DN-01 automatic
priced around $15,499

If any of you want to try, these are the addresses I sent the letters to:

Mr Ito Takanobu
President and CEO
Honda Motor Co.
1-1, 2-chome, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8556, Japan

Mr Mitsuru Umemura
President and Representative Director
Yamaha Corporation
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku,Hamamatsu Shizuoka 430-8650, Japan

Mr Osamu Suzuki
Chairman and CEO
Suzuki Motor Corporation
300, Takatsuka-cho, Minami-ku, Hamamatsu City, Japan 432-8611

Mr. Tadaharu Ohashi
President and Director
Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Kobe Crystal Tower, 1-3, Higashikawasaki-cho 1-chome, Chuo-ku
Kobe, Hyogo 650-8680, Japan

3WD

irish2themax
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
That is really a sharp bumper design, wonder if you'll be able to retrofit one onto our '08 -'09 models. Anyone think this could be done? :dontknow:

I am betting that someone will offer a similar look as an aftermarket mod for 2009 and older within a year.

Way2Fast
09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
All the 2011 Spyder models will have the new front end/ headlight set up that is now only on the 2010 RT models.

bone crusher
09-04-2009, 04:06 PM

3WD

It will take them time to do this...right now a trike to them is an additional wheel, not a revolutionary design change...however, I agree that if Honda comes out with a true reverse trike, look out...

bone crusher
09-04-2009, 04:07 PM
All the 2011 Spyder models will have the new front end/ headlight set up that is now only on the 2010 RT models.

I see our bikes as becoming 'antique' collectibles in no time...there are a defined number of SM5/SE5 models out there...if they forever change the front of the bike, our bikes will become instant classics (so we hope)...

NancysToy
09-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I see our bikes as becoming 'antique' collectibles in no time...there are a defined number of SM5/SE5 models out there...if they forever change the front of the bike, our bikes will become instant classics (so we hope)...
The SE5/SM5 designation is actually the transmission...which remains the same with the new models. Our Spyders are the GS model, as opposed to the new RT and RS. Only time will tell about the classic status.

ataDude
09-04-2009, 04:54 PM
... Only time will tell about the classic status.

Yepper... about 25 years. :yikes:

Motza
09-05-2009, 12:11 AM
If any of you want to try, these are the addresses I sent the letters to:

Mr Ito Takanobu
President and CEO
Honda Motor Co.
1-1, 2-chome, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8556, Japan

Mr Mitsuru Umemura
President and Representative Director
Yamaha Corporation
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku,Hamamatsu Shizuoka 430-8650, Japan

Mr Osamu Suzuki
Chairman and CEO
Suzuki Motor Corporation
300, Takatsuka-cho, Minami-ku, Hamamatsu City, Japan 432-8611

Mr. Tadaharu Ohashi
President and Director
Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Kobe Crystal Tower, 1-3, Higashikawasaki-cho 1-chome, Chuo-ku
Kobe, Hyogo 650-8680, Japan

3WD
I'll order one from column "A" and one from column "B" and a miso soup to go please...
all kidding aside lets bombard (ia) them with e-mails. we want a little asian flair on or plate.

3wheeldemon
09-05-2009, 12:22 AM
I'll order one from column "A" and one from column "B" and a miso soup please.... all kidding aside lets bombard (ia) them with e-mails. we want a little asian flair on or plate.

:roflblack::roflblack: and thanks

I got a polite reply from Kawasaki today (the longest shot) "It is very helpful information that you have suggested us to enter the three-wheeler motorcycle market. We will keep it in our minds as the reference for future development of our business activities" Not too promising... we will see:popcorn:

spydeebike
09-05-2009, 08:45 PM
that 2010 has got to be the ugliest thing i have ever witnessed, ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Ill stick with my 08 thank you

Motza
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
that 2010 has got to be the ugliest thing i have ever witnessed, ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Ill stick with my 08 thank you
That's why there's more than vanilla and chocolate.

bone crusher
09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
:roflblack::roflblack: and thanks

I got a polite reply from Kawasaki today (the longest shot) "It is very helpful information that you have suggested us to enter the three-wheeler motorcycle market. We will keep it in our minds as the reference for future development of our business activities" Not too promising... we will see:popcorn:

Yeah....a blah blah blah answer...that basically means the question found its way to the shredder...

nater1
09-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Kawasaki VP of the Americas told me at a cycle event that with his insight the he could never see Kawasaki entering into a three wheeled market ever again. He claimed the ATV 3 wheeler nearly put Kawasaki out of biz with the lawsuits. He claimed they were the hardest hit in that suit.

aka1004
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Kawasaki VP of the Americas told me at a cycle event that with his insight the he could never see Kawasaki entering into a three wheeled market ever again. He claimed the ATV 3 wheeler nearly put Kawasaki out of biz with the lawsuits. He claimed they were the hardest hit in that suit.

i am sure that was before the "success" of spyder.
i am sure it will take couple of years for other manufacturers to come but i am sure there will be more trikes with 2 wheels in front:2thumbs: