PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate F3 Tall Boy - Measurement - Need Help

LifeLongRider
03-31-2021, 01:38 PM
Please see the attached photo. If you have an F3 with an Ultimate "Tall Boy" seat, I need the measurement as shown in the photo. From the rear of the fuel tank filler ring to the rear of the seating surface where the seam for the butt rest starts - also year and model of your F3.

I've read some reports that the Tall Boy gives you anywhere from 1" to 2" of extra length, this measurement will tell me for sure. I will then make a decision on whether or not to go ahead and make the purchase. I've owned one previous Ultimate seat on my Gold Wing and wasn't all that satisfied with it's comfort but I needed the extra room - same problem on the Spyder only worse - just not enough space for the family jewels . . . your help in furnishing this measurement would be greatly appreciated.

bikerchris1270
03-31-2021, 02:15 PM
Please see the attached photo. If you have an F3 with an Ultimate "Tall Boy" seat, I need the measurement as shown in the photo. From the rear of the fuel tank filler ring to the rear of the seating surface where the seam for the butt rest starts - also year and model of your F3.

I've read some reports that the Tall Boy gives you anywhere from 1" to 2" of extra length, this measurement will tell me for sure. I will then make a decision on whether or not to go ahead and make the purchase. I've owned one previous Ultimate seat on my Gold Wing and wasn't all that satisfied with it's comfort but I needed the extra room - same problem on the Spyder only worse - just not enough space for the family jewels . . . your help in furnishing this measurement would be greatly appreciated.
I measure 24 1/4 “. 2019 F3L Ultimate Tallboy.
I’m 6’1”. This seat is a dramatic improvement over stock. I have one on my Goldwing too, this one is a better fit for me.

LifeLongRider
03-31-2021, 02:45 PM
I measure 24 1/4 “. 2019 F3L Ultimate Tallboy.
I’m 6’1”. This seat is a dramatic improvement over stock. I have one on my Goldwing too, this one is a better fit for me.

BikerChris - WOW, that doesn't make any sense to me! My stock seat (as shown in the picture) measures exactly the same, 24 1/4". Are you absolutely sure you have the Tall Boy seat? - because if you're correct, the Tall Boy wouldn't set me back any further than the stock seat. I'm 6'2" - 220lbs. Thanks for the response.

troop
03-31-2021, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm... I have a Seth Laam redo on my OEM seat. It was moved back (1) inch. It, too, measures 24.5".

bikerchris1270
03-31-2021, 03:03 PM
BikerChris - WOW, that doesn't make any sense to me! My stock seat (as shown in the picture) measures exactly the same, 24 1/4". Are you absolutely sure you have the Tall Boy seat? - because if you're correct, the Tall Boy wouldn't set me back any further than the stock seat. I'm 6'2" - 220lbs. Thanks for the response.

I just rechecked....24 1/4 “ at seat base back.
25 1/2”@ seat back top.
Yes, I just installed this 2 weeks ago....it’s labeled tall boy. It sits me back about an inch or so......not cramped in the cockpit.
May be worth a drive to Ultimate to check....I stopped by Utimate on my way back to Wisconsin from wintering in Palm Beach. I found them very accommodating .

LifeLongRider
03-31-2021, 03:05 PM
This just doesn't make any sense. Here are two pics of my stock OEM seat on my 2019 F3L, which as you can see, measures exactly 24 1/4". Theoretically, the Ultimate Tall Boy should measure at least 1" longer and possibly more. If this is good information, I will not be buying another Ultimate. Anyone else ?

bikerchris1270
03-31-2021, 03:10 PM
Dunno what to say.....you’re in Florida.....road trip to Utimate Seat !

LifeLongRider
03-31-2021, 03:14 PM
Hey Chris . . thanks for your responses. A road trip to Ultimate may be the answer, providing they have one in stock. I'll have to call them. Honestly don't know if my rear end will survive the 300 mile round trip however. Thanks again.

bikerchris1270
03-31-2021, 03:28 PM
They do have a return policy.....but .....I was also hesitant to spend this amount of money.....but I can honestly say that I made a good decision......everybody’s butt is different, if you really enjoy your spyder, it’s worth the hassle.

Speedy
10-15-2021, 02:27 PM
I'm in the process to by an Ultimate seat for my F3T 2021 and would like to know if you finally ordered one.