PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of some Lamonster products I have purchased

Doc McCoy
03-31-2021, 05:46 AM
Just some reviews of a few Lamonster products i have purchased recently and installed. The installation wad done on a 2020 RTL
1. Fog Light Kit. Installation was straight forward with a great video. Wiring harnesses is complete with inline fuse and relay block. Very bright and easily adjustable. There is a connection plug right near the tupperware so that you can unhook the light if the tupperware needs to be removed.
2. Highway Bracket Set (highway pegs(. Very easy install again with a video that takes you step by step. Solid mount. My only negative is that while you can adjust the foot peg up and down and forward and backward it has no right to left adjustment. That means your foot sort of goes on to the peg at an angle.
3. Solid Block Handlebar Riser. Good product. For me makes the bars perfect. Installation video is good but it doesn't address how to get slack in the cables coming from each side of the bars. I understand this since that differs with models. For the 2020 RTL if you take off the lower right speaker cover you can see the cables. They have a zip tie that you can cut. For me the difficulty came in getting the cables to then slide through the hardwire clips just below the handlebars. Once that is done they went on just as advertised.
4. Top cuffs. Great products. Attached some aftermarket mirrors that make rear viewing much better. I bought the attached cup holder and am less than impressed with it. Even adjusted to its' widest opening it doesn't hold anything but small bottles.
5. Dual power plates with phone holder. The dual power plates (two USB on the left and cigarette lighter on the right) mounted just as shown in the installation video. Wires for both units run down the left side to the front trunk and battery. The video shows a hole in which to run the wires once you reach the frunk but the 2020 has no such hole so I had to drill a small hole. Comes with a fused connection for the battery. You can trickle charge your battery thru the cigarette lighter.

1. Sena SRL for my Neotech II helmet. Great product. Very easy to install. I like that it has only three buttons. The charging connection in the back of the helmet sometimes is hard to attach. Seems very tight. Good sounds Mike is very clear. Connects with phone very easily and I blue tooth both music and direction from Google Maps or Wize while listening to music. I had read a review that there were some battery issues with the SRL's. My units are staying charged just fine (over a week and still four bars).

MONK
03-31-2021, 06:40 AM
4. Top cuffs. Great products. Attached some aftermarket mirrors that make rear viewing much better. I bought the attached cup holder and am less than impressed with it. Even adjusted to its' widest opening it doesn't hold anything but small bottles.

1. Sena SRL for my Neotech II helmet. Great product. Very easy to install. I like that it has only three buttons. The charging connection in the back of the helmet sometimes is hard to attach. Seems very tight. Good sounds Mike is very clear. Connects with phone very easily and I blue tooth both music and direction from Google Maps or Wize while listening to music. I had read a review that there were some battery issues with the SRL's. My units are staying charged just fine (over a week and still four bars).

Those are the only 2 on your list I also have. I tend to agree with one exception. Assuming you have the metal wire version of the cup holder, you can gently bend the metal a bit. I bought one of Lamonsters metal bottles and was a bit upset that it didn't fit. Lamonster (Jason/Jackson?) told me about this and now the big Lamonster bottle fits well.

The best way to connect the USB cable to the SRL is with a very long cable. This allows you to put the helmet in your lap so you can use both hands to guide the cable to the port. Doing it one handed is near impossible.

Doc McCoy
03-31-2021, 07:58 AM
Thanks Monk. I got the Lamonster cup as well and was also miffed it didn't fit. I will try bending the wire a bit as suggested.