PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Tire On The Rear

WaltH
09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
The Spyder got a new rear tire today - BFGoodrich gForce Sport. This is the same tire I put on Spyder#1, but it only lasted 2,000 miles. This one should last a lot longer than that.

The OEM tire had 18,500 miles and it was finished. I hope the new tire holds its shape better so I can use more than just the center. I am going to start out with 36 lbs.

I think there are four different automotive tires out there in Spyderdom. This should give us a good test of the capabilities of the automotive alternative.

brutus450
09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
The Spyder got a new rear tire today - BFGoodrich gForce Sport. This is the same tire I put on Spyder#1, but it only lasted 2,000 miles. This one should last a lot longer than that.

why is this one going to last longer? did you say its the same? did you have the wrong air pressure or somethin?

got any pics of the new tire mounted on the bike?

WaltH
09-02-2009, 08:26 PM
why is this one going to last longer? did you say its the same? did you have the wrong air pressure or somethin?

got any pics of the new tire mounted on the bike?

I put the tire on Spyder#1 at 34,500 miles. At 36,500 miles Spyder#1 burned to the ground.