PDA

View Full Version : BRP got me again!!!

aka1004
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
yes i got the RT-S fever!!!
i like the black one and happens to be the most expensive one :(
i see a after market products off of my 09 se5 going on sale in my future.
when is the expected delivery time?

jwhatman
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
As soon as I woke up I checked here. All hubby has heard all day was about the new spyders looking like a 3-wheel goldwing and how I wanted one. The mid or upper level one please. I won't be picky.
Joyce

fastfraser
09-02-2009, 06:42 PM
yes i got the RT-S fever!!!
i like the black one and happens to be the most expensive one :(
i see a after market products off of my 09 se5 going on sale in my future.
when is the expected delivery time?

Available late October.----------- Sorry Back-ordered !

aka1004
09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
i will try to wait till initial rush is over.:pray:

BumbleBee
09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
:agree:Looks like BRP got me also. I have the RT Fever here. Only I would have to have mine painted, yellow.

aka1004
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
:agree:Looks like BRP got me also. I have the RT Fever here. Only I would have to have mine painted, yellow.

i would not mind white but black one looks very good
now i really can not wait to get to gatlinburg!!! still 19 days to go:(

Some Guy
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
It's just like BRP ALWAYS does...announce some big, new, great thing...then not have it available for MONTHS! Examples: comfort seat, the real "touring" windshield, etc.

They hire substandard marketing people who have no idea of how the manufacturing end works which just gets people's hopes up and then dashed when the company fails to deliver.

The marketing flunkies may be getting their bonuses now, but they're setting up this whole product line for failure. It's sad for us SpyderLovers.

COOLMACHINE
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
What :hun:
:dontknow:
Setting up the line for failure? IMO, I definately think BRP has delivered. I love mine and can't wait for the new one to come out. I'm just licking my chops. Not that I can afford to buy another one right now. Besides, my Spyder has been fantastic with 11,XXX miles so far.
Oh yea..... I believe BRP is definately delivering! :firstplace:

barb36jack31
09-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Some Guy - Have to agree wth you. BRP is famous for announcing great things and then putting everything on back order. In a couple of months I will be out of warranty and from there on it is on my nickle. Never gave this a thought when I was riding Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc. I expected the bikes to run forever with virtually no problems. And they did. There is no question that our Spyders are "finiky".

I continue to admire the total loyalty our bretheren (sp) have for the Spyder no matter what happens. I continue to be disappointed every time another "glitch" shows up. Thank heaven for Lamonster and all the other gurus on this website. They will keep us up and running!

Stay well ans ride safe.

aka1004
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
i've been playing with RT on brp site and silver ain't bad neither. i like silver and white vehicles plus i am really too lazy to be ryde/drive anything black... and it looks like almost everything is available on RT as option that are standard on RT-s so i may just go that route but you do loose your leverage against dealer, i think when you "order" a vehicle so may be or hopely, BRP will have spyder with different options, like cars, sitting on their dealer's lot. :pray: but probably not...
i guess i will be able add on the bolt-on parts later.

BRPjunkie
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I too have owned all makes of Japanese bikes which were very reliable, however, air/water cooled carburated motorcycles with little of no electronics should be. No excuses for broken promises, PE number gaffs, back ordered parts, dealer blunders, etc, but BRP did deliver a revolutionary product that no other company was willing to try. I have had no problems during first 6,000 miles and have not had the recall done yet, but I am still willing to ride out this jump into unchartered territory that I took along with thousands of others (at least until my 5 year BEST runs out). I won't be holding my breath for Honda to jump in, but watching for BRP and dealers to get things worked out.

bjt
09-03-2009, 07:19 PM
It's disappointing that the accessories are announced months before they are ready for delivery but I think it's fairly common practice to announce new vehicles months before they are available for dealers to sell. That's what a good portion of the manufacturers auto shows are all about, showing people what they have to look forward to in the coming months.

aka1004
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM
i am trying to calm myself down :p so i can wait till the initial rush is over.