PDA

View Full Version : First Service Done

Tango
03-27-2021, 07:07 AM
Good news is, it's done. No problems uncovered. $320. 2020RTL. Thought that was a little on the high side. Talked with the GM about a few things. They recommend Federal Formosa's on the front. So they mount car tires now. They didn't last year when I bought. We then talked about front shocks. He recommended Elka, of course they are a dealer. Their price? Way out of line. $850 w/tax. Told him I had a price of $750 shipped, no tax. He asked where? I said Lamonster Garage. His reply was, we know about them. Nice people. Buy from him and let us do the install. Their labor for the install is 1.6 hours for both. He even said that Lamonster ships to them all the time. Still thinking about Elka's. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-27-2021, 07:42 AM
Good news is, it's done. No problems uncovered. $320. 2020RTL. Thought that was a little on the high side. Talked with the GM about a few things. They recommend Federal Formosa's on the front. So they mount car tires now. They didn't last year when I bought. We then talked about front shocks. He recommended Elka, of course they are a dealer. Their price? Way out of line. $850 w/tax. Told him I had a price of $750 shipped, no tax. He asked where? I said Lamonster Garage. His reply was, we know about them. Nice people. Buy from him and let us do the install. Their labor for the install is 1.6 hours for both. He even said that Lamonster ships to them all the time. Still thinking about Elka's. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Well LaMonster doesn't make those or any tires .... Shipping tires is very expensive .... Tirerack ships for free .... to you or to your dealer I know Fla. gets very nasty thunderstorms and if you get caught you want the BEST rain tire ( imho ) .... check out Vredestein Q-5's ..... 165/60 -15 for your Spyder ..... Mike :thumbup:

bikerchris1270
03-27-2021, 08:27 AM
Well LaMonster doesn't make those or any tires .... Shipping tires is very expensive .... Tirerack ships for free .... to you or to your dealer I know Fla. gets very nasty thunderstorms and if you get caught you want the BEST rain tire ( imho ) .... check out Vredestein Q-5's ..... 1650/60 -15 for your Spyder ..... Mike :thumbup:
I installed the Vredestein Tire up front on my F3L through the recommendation of BlueKniight 911...... absolutely a big improvement on handling and tire noise!

Mazo EMS2
03-27-2021, 09:00 AM
Well LaMonster doesn't make those or any tires .... Shipping tires is very expensive .... Tirerack ships for free .... to you or to your dealer I know Fla. gets very nasty thunderstorms and if you get caught you want the BEST rain tire ( imho ) .... check out Vredestein Q-5's ..... 1650/60 -15 for your Spyder ..... Mike :thumbup:

I think Tango was referring to the ELka shocks...LOL....but I do agree with your point on the Vredesteins. I'm glad I chose them.

ARtraveler
03-27-2021, 09:01 AM
We also had our first service done on the 2020 F3L. We chose Lamonster Garage because of the close proximity and quality work...even though they are not an "official" Can Am dealer. Linda also got her bucket list of "farkles" for around $1,200 plus the the initial servicing.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-27-2021, 10:43 AM
I think Tango was referring to the ELka shocks...LOL....but I do agree with your point on the Vredesteins. I'm glad I chose them.
:roflblack::agree: ... my bad ... it S*cks getting old .... :gaah::roflblack: ..... Mike :thumbup:

milryder
03-27-2021, 10:44 AM
Anticipating my 3,000 mile for the RT later in May and maybe changing front tires to Q-5s. So far with 700 miles I'm not seeing issues but nothing to compare to. Shop will be updating the front sprocket next week and doing the mirror service bulletin work. According to Tire Size Calculator the 2" increased circumference would change the speedo from 65 to about 2 mph more indicated. Currently the bike is 2 mph faster on the speedo than my GPS.

MONK
03-27-2021, 11:27 AM
I don't think $320 is out of line for a 3k service. I paid just under that a month ago and I know some who have paid just over that.

dpetrick
03-27-2021, 12:09 PM
I just had the first service done on my 2020 F3L, at the CanAm dealer in Algona, Iowa, where I purchased it. $212 for the first service.

Tango
03-27-2021, 02:04 PM
:roflblack::agree: ... my bad ... it S*cks getting old .... :gaah::roflblack: ..... Mike :thumbup:

A lot of that is happening. :roflblack: I turn 68 next Thursday. My mind says it's ok to do a lot of things. My body? Just tells me that just isn't happening! :lecturef_smilie: Tom :spyder:

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-27-2021, 02:37 PM
A lot of that is happening. :roflblack: I turn 68 next Thursday. My mind says it's ok to do a lot of things. My body? Just tells me that just isn't happening! :lecturef_smilie: Tom :spyder:
I know the feeling. About 3 years ago at age 73 I was on top of the ladder about 18' above the ground installing a TV antenna. I got to thinking, "Not sure I'm going to be doing this much longer."