PDA

View Full Version : Video: My Sea to Sky with add-ons

Joel The Biker
03-27-2021, 05:45 AM
I said I would post when I got it finished. Here it is. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/2sI2KP6Ls0o

bikerbillone
03-27-2021, 06:01 AM
Nice, very nice, makes me realize I have a long way to go on my 2020 RTL. If you are not doing YouTube, you should be, would lovr to see the 'how to' on the installs. Thanks.

PMK
03-27-2021, 06:03 AM
Always a pleasure seeing a well thought out upgraded Spyder. Very very nice.

If I had one concern, it would be the Spyder Extras dock. I got one years ago. Concerned about the quality and specifically how waterproof the unit was, I never installed it.

At an event I spoke with Kirwyn from Providence Spyder Accessories, he and I discussed the issue. He agreed and had some failed Spyder Extras docking stations that had been removed and upgraded to the Providence units.

Maybe drop those rubber booties down and give it the Joel touch for better weatherproofing.

Joel The Biker
03-27-2021, 06:12 AM
Always a pleasure seeing a well thought out upgraded Spyder. Very very nice.

If I had one concern, it would be the Spyder Extras dock. I got one years ago. Concerned about the quality and specifically how waterproof the unit was, I never installed it.

At an event I spoke with Kirwyn from Providence Spyder Accessories, he and I discussed the issue. He agreed and had some failed Spyder Extras docking stations that had been removed and upgraded to the Providence units.

Maybe drop those rubber booties down and give it the Joel touch for better weatherproofing.

Thanks. My spyders RARELY see water. I use detail spray to clean them. Sometimes I get caught in a rain shower, but not enough to hurt anything. My radar detectors are not waterproof and never had an issue. That's how little water they see.

JohnRuckus
03-27-2021, 06:18 AM
WOW!:firstplace:
Nice job. I need someone to hook me up with installing those accessories. Be my mechanic :helpsmilie:

YIRYDE
03-27-2021, 06:49 AM
You have done some very nice mods to your Spyder.:thumbup:

What brand/model HUD and front/rear camera system did you buy?

bikerbillone
03-27-2021, 06:49 AM
What brand of detail spray?

Mikey
03-27-2021, 07:29 AM
:congrats:NICE JOB!!!!

ARtraveler
03-27-2021, 09:14 AM
:2thumbs: :bowdown: :firstplace:

Very nice. You have a well thought out S2S. You have me drooling. :yes:

EdMat
03-27-2021, 09:35 AM
Joel, did you have to post that!?!?!?!?! :bowdown:

Fell in love with the S2S when I first saw it, now you just put it in my dreams.

Beautiful job, except for the front wheels, love the titanium ones. :joke:

Hope you get many miles of smiles out of her.

Joel The Biker
03-27-2021, 10:49 AM
What brand of detail spray?

I use Finish Kare 425

Joel The Biker
03-27-2021, 10:52 AM

The HUD is made by Pyle and the dashcams are ZOMFOM. Both available on Amazon

Luvs2Ride
03-30-2021, 09:06 AM
WOW... You improved an already gorgeous bike! Thanks for sharing!

Adventurer
03-30-2021, 06:42 PM
Nice upgrades! More than I ever thought about!

Can you elaborate on the phone mount you're using and how it is mounted to the bike? Maybe a close up still pic to help and old man understand.

Thanks

Joel The Biker
03-31-2021, 02:23 AM

Can you elaborate on the phone mount you're using and how it is mounted to the bike? Maybe a close up still pic to help and old man understand.

Thanks

The phone mount is from RAM. I simply added a RAM ball mount to the dash. You can reach behind the dash if you take the mirror off so you can bolt the RAM ball mount to the dash. Super simple. RAM does make.a larger phone mount for large phones. Look for the xl size on their zite. I had to modify mine slightly to fit my phone.
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-102-PD3U (http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-102-PD3U)

Adventurer
03-31-2021, 10:40 AM
The phone mount is from RAM. I simply added a RAM ball mount to the dash. You can reach behind the dash if you take the mirror off so you can bolt the RAM ball mount to the dash. Super simple. RAM does make.a larger phone mount for large phones. Look for the xl size on their zite. I had to modify mine slightly to fit my phone.
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-102-PD3U (http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-102-PD3U)

That's the perfect location, but looks like I'd have to drill the dash to mount the Ram ball and i just can't bring myself to do that yet. Thanks for the reply.

pidjones
03-31-2021, 11:47 AM
Interesting additions. I test rode one last week. Smooth, very smooth and comfortable. I would have no need for the trunk swap-out panel or luggage, so will probably opt for an RTL. Question: how hard is it to keep the darker colors clean of road grime? We do ride in the rain if on tour, and my present black '06 GoldWing really shows it fast!

HastingsRider
04-18-2022, 04:54 PM
This video is great !. I am looking to do add some of the same things to my new spyder. Can you tell about your xm radio - do you pull it out of the glove box to use it or do you have it integrated some other way ? How did you connect XM and GPS to the BRP system in the bike ? How did you get the power from your rammounts on the sides of the dash to your powerblock. Did you have to drill holes somewhere or were there openings that you found.

Thanks !!

FrogmanDave
04-18-2022, 07:35 PM
Looking very good Joel. Nice work!

Pooch
04-19-2022, 07:51 AM
What brand and model name is your passenger seat bag? Thanks.

Saluda
04-19-2022, 10:07 AM
You were busy, nice. Did Cal Sci frame the vent or you ? Looks good.

Peteoz
04-19-2022, 05:24 PM
Looks great, Joel ��

Mikey
04-19-2022, 06:57 PM
:thumbup: Very nicely done!!!

Peteoz
04-19-2022, 08:53 PM
Can you elaborate on the phone mount you're using and how it is mounted to the bike? Maybe a close up still pic to help and old man understand.Thanks

Adventurer, I am using the same RAM phone mount as Joel, but I have it mounted to the RAM ball you see on Joel’s handlebar cuffs behind his cup holder. My cuffs and RAM ball are from Lamonster. Photo below……just another mounting option.195686

Pete

Adventurer
04-19-2022, 09:09 PM
Adventurer, I am using the same RAM phone mount as Joel, but I have it mounted to the RAM ball you see on Joel’s handlebar cuffs behind his cup holder. My cuffs and RAM ball are from Lamonster. Photo below……just another mounting option.195686

Pete
Thanks for the info. Since I posted that I’ve found the perfect solution for me that required no drilling of body panels. I use a woods power grip suction cup, a perfect squeeze phone mount, with a buzz kill vibration isolator. This mounts to the flat spot in front of the front speaker, perfect heightened fairly well protected from the weather.

ollicat
04-25-2022, 08:55 PM

My question exactly

gkamer
04-25-2022, 09:56 PM
Damn dude, you didn't miss a trick. Good job man, I'm totally turning green with envy. :)