PDA

View Full Version : SM5/SE5 compared to RS?

kravnh
09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew what is different in the RS model over the SM5/SE5. I figure, if there is very little difference except for the name, an '09 could be had for a deep discount. However, if there are changes to the RS that make it a better bike, I wouldn't mind spending the money.

Does anyone have a list of differences between the two models?

Thanks,
Keith

Lamonster
09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
welcome

As far as I know it's just a name and paint.

Bersquack
09-02-2009, 11:43 AM
:agree:

Firefly
09-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew what is different in the RS model over the SM5/SE5. I figure, if there is very little difference except for the name, an '09 could be had for a deep discount. However, if there are changes to the RS that make it a better bike, I wouldn't mind spending the money.

Does anyone have a list of differences between the two models?

Thanks,
Keith

Pretty sure any changes are minor---- you can still get deals on NEW 2008 Spyders that are out there....

Don in E Texas
09-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Welcome, Keith!!

You'll enjoy ANY of the :spyder2:'ers

don

fastfraser
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
welcome:spyder2: ON

bone crusher
09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
The white is nice but looks too much like a police edition to me...the blue is sharp!

Derek Paisley
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I am also curious to know if all the issues and workarounds had been applied to these new models. Those issues which were affecting 09's and older.

Here's hoping so!

:2thumbs:

3wheeldemon
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
As far as I know it's just a name and paint.

A good thing. That means that our 08's and 09's are not discontinued. And the sporty look of the original Spyders is still available.

3WD

NancysToy
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
The white is nice but looks too much like a police edition to me...the blue is sharp!
Hey, don't knock those police editions. :D My BMW is a former CHP bike. I like the look. I even like how people slow down on the highway sometimes when they see me. I was already contemplating a nice B/W paint scheme on a Spyder. Have you had this deep seated fear of authority (bikes) for long? :D:D:D

bone crusher
09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey, don't knock those police editions. :D My BMW is a former CHP bike. I like the look. I even like how people slow down on the highway sometimes when they see me. I was already contemplating a nice B/W paint scheme on a Spyder. Have you had this deep seated fear of authority (bikes) for long? :D:D:D

No fear, just used to always seeing the white HD police bikes. If you put some lettering on it, it'll be a dead ringer for a police bike...no biggie though...it's still sharp looking (like the blue more though). The white should be cooler as well...maybe it'll be better for the climates where people are having potential heat issues with the bike? I'm sure it'd run cooler than the phantom black!

NancysToy
09-02-2009, 06:19 PM
No fear, just used to always seeing the white HD police bikes. If you put some lettering on it, it'll be a dead ringer for a police bike...no biggie though...it's still sharp looking (like the blue more though). The white should be cooler as well...maybe it'll be better for the climates where people are having potential heat issues with the bike? I'm sure it'd run cooler than the phantom black!
Just poking fun at you. The white is a bear to keep clean. Contrasts with bugs very well! I agree about the blue...I voted for blue in the BRP poll last year. The gloss black, on the other hand is magnificent! I normally don't dig black touring bikes for safety reasons, but that black RT/trailer combo knocks me out. I like the thin spoke (similar to our stock wheels) six-spoke wheels on RT and trailer, too. I think I need some.

Brevet05
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I like the thin spoke (similar to our stock wheels) six-spoke wheels on RT and trailer, too. I think I need some.
:agree:Those wheels do look sharp. Kinda wish they'd have done a five-spoke, though. I know, some folks are never satisfied...:dontknow:

Motza
09-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I'd love to see an aftermarket manufacturer offer other colored body panels, such as Olive drab and black, Orange and black...I really like the 2010 black and white, it's a nice clean look and highly visible. I would of purchased it in white over my red, if I had the choice in 2008. JMO

One thing that really caught my eye was the newly designed front bumper they really thought out the design on this model, wonder if that would fit my '08?