PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar Cable Clips screws - Torx size?

scorpion56
03-17-2021, 04:20 PM
I'm finishing up changing out the stock handlebars ('19 F3-L) to the "short reach". Everything went mostly well, except needing a heat gun to let me loosen one of the four M7 bolts. Those CanAm guys love their Loktite.

The handlebar kit comes with the cable clips not already attached. So I have four clips and four brass screws to attach the clips. But the screws are Torx. :opps: Does anyone know what size Torx bit I need to be able to attach the clips? Thanks!

Doug44
03-18-2021, 06:57 AM
I'm finishing up changing out the stock handlebars ('19 F3-L) to the "short reach". Everything went mostly well, except needing a heat gun to let me loosen one of the four M7 bolts. Those CanAm guys love their Loktite.

The handlebar kit comes with the cable clips not already attached. So I have four clips and four brass screws to attach the clips. But the screws are Torx. :opps: Does anyone know what size Torx bit I need to be able to attach the clips? Thanks!

I just used the old ones I removed on my 2020 RTL. I know this didn’t answer your question but it might solve your problem

troop
03-18-2021, 08:33 AM
T20 .. And just a heads up, Can-Am even uses their dread yellow loctite on those small screws !!