PDA

View Full Version : Ryker-bracket for a Shad Case on the left side

chris56
03-16-2021, 04:34 AM
My new project now. My girl wants more luggage for our next tour ! So I want to install a bracket under the driver seat (on the same point where to right one is fixed) to add a second Shad-case. It should be "stronger" than the 3-case-Idea from Slingmods, where all the load is behind the passenger. We still use a Topase there, if its loaded we are absolut on the limit of the (Fox) suspension...

Saw the first Idea from a Ryder in Australia, which looks not really elegant, a Guy from Spain made now a better version (maybe I take this one). I hope to find someone who makes a simple Adapter where I could fix an original bracket from Shad (costs around 100,- for both sides) - on the end it would be much cheaper if someone makes a complete new part for both sides to fix Shad brackets, but than I would maybe prefer GIVI-Cases, they are one step over the Shad..

any other/better Ideas ???

sonsofanarchy
03-17-2021, 02:44 AM
My new project now. My girl wants more luggage for our next tour ! So I want to install a bracket under the driver seat (on the same point where to right one is fixed) to add a second Shad-case. It should be "stronger" than the 3-case-Idea from Slingmods, where all the load is behind the passenger. We still use a Topase there, if its loaded we are absolut on the limit of the (Fox) suspension...

Saw the first Idea from a Ryder in Australia, which looks not really elegant, a Guy from Spain made now a better version (maybe I take this one). I hope to find someone who makes a simple Adapter where I could fix an original bracket from Shad (costs around 100,- for both sides) - on the end it would be much cheaper if someone makes a complete new part for both sides to fix Shad brackets, but than I would maybe prefer GIVI-Cases, they are one step over the Shad..

Very good job.....

RykerRick
03-25-2021, 09:18 AM
The Shad cases look pretty good, Same with the Givi, I have a set on my Kawasaki. I have different side cases on the Ryker, but the way I mounted them on the Ryker, it wouldn't work with a passenger. I didnt want them to protrude past the rear wheel, and I wanted them mounted up higher. I never liked the look of the Shad single side case on the Ryker, for the same reasons that you dont see a single side case on motorcycles, it looks like you lost something off of the machine when you're driving down the road. I was wondering why Shad hasnt come up with a system for the Ryker that would allow for the traditional dual side cases, they're usually pretty good at doing that kind of thing.

pinonlot28
08-22-2021, 06:01 PM

I have no better ideas, but do you have the contact information for the "Guy from Spain" who made a better version of the bracket.
Which of the attached pictures was the "Spanish" version? Thank you for your very valuable contribution regarding the left side Ryker
bracket.