PDA

View Full Version : New Spyders, same bad BRP website.

bjt
09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Well the Spyders look cool but I still don't like the BRP website. I couldn't find any real info or good pictures (360 degree pics) of the new Spyders. :dontknow:

Smylinacha
09-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Well the Spyders look cool but I still don't like the BRP website. I couldn't find any real info or good pictures (360 degree pics) of the new Spyders. :dontknow:

All I could do is the 360 degree pic. Nothing else to do in there:dontknow:

DynamoBT
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
You can hit "Customize" and see the accessories.

Longlegs
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
It wasn't working to bad for me.

dltang
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I got it in Firefox on my Mac. I can get the 360 view and then when you click on something like the dash it went to a short video of that part. Very cool.

bjt
09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Stuck on the PC at work right now. Probably something to do with using a old version of IE or something. :dontknow:

tjfischer
09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I think the new website functions much better. It responds faster and is easier to navigate.

Then maybe thats just me...

2spyders
09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
They may be in the process of updating the site. I got lots of info on the new Spyders - specs, etc., but I couldn't get into the accessories - just says "coming soon".

Motza
09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree 99% I WANT TO SEE THE BIKE @ 360 DEGREES ALSO... SO SPIN THAT SPYDER AROUND!

Big Arm
09-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Stuck on the PC at work right now.

:hun: Can you bring home some applications ??? :roflblack:

Firefly
09-01-2009, 09:59 PM

I finally got it all to load and work--- but their website SUCKS.

Too much FLASH crap.....

Don't they listen to people?

If consumers are having trouble getting the site to work---or having it be painfully slow----- they are going to lose customers.

They need PHOTOS and INFO.... and optional videos. Make the FLASH stuff an optional page that people 'can' go to.

bone crusher
09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I finally got it all to load and work--- but their website SUCKS.

Too much FLASH crap.....

Don't they listen to people?

If consumers are having trouble getting the site to work---or having it be painfully slow----- they are going to lose customers.

They need PHOTOS and INFO.... and optional videos. Make the FLASH stuff an optional page that people 'can' go to.

I agree with you but they probably think that all the flash is really cool and sophisticated. In reality, it hinders the function of the website...

GaryTheBadger
09-01-2009, 10:07 PM
The Site is working perfectly for me via IE7 on Windows XP.
The only thing I can't find is detail about changes to the front trunk...will it still hold a full-face helmet?

The new blue is spectacular, exactly the shade I'd want for a Spyder.

The price? Hmmm, gonna take a while to digest that, especially with the much-desired GPS and SE5 options.

Some Guy
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I agree with you but they probably think that all the flash is really cool and sophisticated. In reality, it hinders the function of the website...
Once again, the lower scoring ACT and/or SAT marketing majors..."Oh daddy BRP, please love me!"... ugh :yikes:

bone crusher
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Once again, the lower scoring ACT and/or SAT marketing majors..."Oh daddy BRP, please love me!"... ugh :yikes:

:roflblack::roflblack: Too much ain't good! Just a little is fine...

3wheeldemon
09-01-2009, 10:43 PM

:roflblack::roflblack:

My solar powered, handle-mounted laptop with satellite internet mod had no problem checking the BRP website:shemademe_smilie:

3WD

bjt
09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
It's working better for me this morning. I noticed that some folks in another thread commented on how the BRP site was acting a little flighty yesterday evening so maybe I was trying to look at it during that time. I guess their site gives me everything I need for looking at it online. The next step is to see one in person, maybe take it for a ride. :2thumbs:

Apologies to BRP for saying their site is still messed up.

Frig
09-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Is it me, or do those mirrors look useless. I just picture ryding this and seeing only my hands. And with no easy mirror extension mod. haha

BillGargan
09-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Last night I was able to get the site with both IE and FireFox. It is rendering just fine -- once it loads initially. Lots of nice presentations on the various features.

You flash haters must have slow connections. I have normal DSL at home and have no issues whatsoever. Flash and it's cousins create fun and clever presentations. I love-em!

Saluda
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I like the "new" site, worked well for me. Very interested in the new models (looking only). I think definately a step (or three) in the right direction. Time will tell, gutsy moves considering the economy. I wish them well, can't wait to see some of the stuff in person. :thumbup:

BillGargan
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
I like the "new" site, worked well for me. Very interested in the new models (looking only). I think definately a step (or three) in the right direction. Time will tell, gutsy moves considering the economy. I wish them well, can't wait to see some of the stuff in person. :thumbup:

Some businesses have a longer lead-time than others. You don't make a decision today to make something tomorrow when it comes to things like the Spyder. Those lead times have been shortened with all the computer-based design tools that exist today -- and the internet and Email help too when collaborative efforts are involved.

So, you are right that this is gutsy -- but, most of the decisions to move ahead on this were probably done 2+ years ago when things were not so bleak.

As the "green shoots" are showing that the economy is recovering keep growing, optional things like the Spyder become more viable. It does take cohones . . .

I will get to see the new Spyders on 9/26 in Concord NH. A purchase is unlikely before Spring of 2011 -- but it does not cost (beyond the time and gas to get there) to look!

Bersquack
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
It is not the best website for sure, but it works a little better than the previous one.

Firefly
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Last night I was able to get the site with both IE and FireFox. It is rendering just fine -- once it loads initially. Lots of nice presentations on the various features.

You flash haters must have slow connections. I have normal DSL at home and have no issues whatsoever. Flash and it's cousins create fun and clever presentations. I love-em!

Not slow here---- dual T1 connections. They need to have enough uuumph on their end to cover all the crap they are sending out.

The setup and design is just bad. Good websites shouldn't rely on flash for everything - there's no need to for what they are doing.

bone crusher
09-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Not slow here---- dual T1 connections. They need to have enough uuumph on their end to cover all the crap they are sending out.

The setup and design is just bad. Good websites shouldn't rely on flash for everything - there's no need to for what they are doing.

:agree:

Smylinacha
09-02-2009, 03:09 PM

I don't mind it at home but work won't let us look at anything with Flash so I can't look at the brp site at work

Firefly
09-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't mind it at home but work won't let us look at anything with Flash so I can't look at the brp site at work

So you have a 'No Flashing' policy at work???? :roflblack:

j45p3r
09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
While the new site isn't great, it is an improvement over the previous site. The flash needs to go.

NancysToy
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM
So you have a 'No Flashing' policy at work???? :roflblack:
Most reputable businesses do. :roflblack:

Roaddog2
09-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't mind it at home but work won't let us look at anything with Flash so I can't look at the brp site at work+1 :ani29: