PDA

View Full Version : Phone mount options

MONK
03-13-2021, 08:26 PM
I have a Lamonster Phone Phang now and it must be losing it's springiness. I almost lost my brand new $1400 phone today going around a curve. Had it not been plugged in, it would have been shattered along the road somewhere. I'm less than happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Lamonster Garage and maybe I got a bad unit or maybe it just wore out.

I use my phone for music (downloaded and Sirius app) and Google Maps so it has to be visible. I have it mounted in the middle of the bars.

I'm not sure if I should buy a new Lamonster Phone Phang or get something else like a Tackform. Might be something else out there I'm not aware of. I'm not interested in one of those generic $20 Amazon overseas built POS. I need to KNOW whatever I have my phone in will keep it secure. (Not that there's not a place for generic Amazon overseas built crap.)

Recommendations, please?

RayBJ
03-13-2021, 09:10 PM
https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Quick-Grip-Phone-Holder-Ball/dp/B07V6ZS2HG/ref=sr_1_19?crid=TL90EM7HH7JF&dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+phone+mount+ram&qid=1615687720&sprefix=motorcycle+phone+mount%2Caps%2C573&sr=8-19

This is what I use. The spring is quite strong so phone has never shifted or ejected.

Motorcycledave
03-13-2021, 09:15 PM
https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Quick-Grip-Phone-Holder-Ball/dp/B07V6ZS2HG/ref=sr_1_19?crid=TL90EM7HH7JF&dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+phone+mount+ram&qid=1615687720&sprefix=motorcycle+phone+mount%2Caps%2C573&sr=8-19

This is what I use. The spring is quite strong so phone has never shifted or ejected.

I have FREE RAM mounts people have exchanged for my TackForm units if any one wants one

Motorcycledave
03-13-2021, 09:19 PM
CALL ME I will ship you one at Spyderlovers DISCOUNT PRICE

IGETAROUND
03-13-2021, 09:26 PM
Quad Lock is a very secure mount and reasonably priced IMO

Al in Kazoo

Valkrocket
03-14-2021, 04:58 AM
Lamonster top cuff with a Ram x-grip phone holder works excellent for my oversized Iphone XR. I've used them forever and can vouch they really hold. Even comes with a rubber stretch safety holder, which I think is a bit overkill. But if I had your experience, I'd probably use it. X -mounts come in different sizes also. :thumbup:
https://www.rammount.com/product-lines/x-grip

Jbird
03-14-2021, 07:10 AM
This makes me nervous as I just got my Phone Phang installed yesterday. I would contact Lamonster and see what they have to say about it. It’s his top rated phone holder.

K80Shooter
03-14-2021, 07:25 AM
I have the Tackform from motorcycle Dave and love it, your phone will not fall out of it. It is expensive but so is another phone.

agrimm01
03-14-2021, 09:47 AM
I have the Tackform from motorcycle Dave and love it, your phone will not fall out of it. It is expensive but so is another phone.

I second the Tackform from Motorcycle Dave. Although it is expensive, it is real quality and Dave is great to deal with and has the best price for it.

Motorcycledave
03-14-2021, 01:33 PM
I have FREE RAM mounts people have exchanged for my TackForm units if any one wants one

188435 this is why folks have changed to the TackForm notice the phone in the Ram holder ...
the upper right side the rubber thingey keeps pushing the on off button...

MONK
03-14-2021, 02:34 PM
188435 this is why folks have changed to the TackForm notice the phone in the Ram holder ...
the upper right side the rubber thingey keeps pushing the on off button...

My power button is right in the middle of the phone but I understand what you're saying.

Charlottes Web
03-14-2021, 02:38 PM
This is the best phone I’ve had so far I had 3 others
The Ram mount quick grip.

EdMat
03-14-2021, 03:42 PM
If i could attach a strong cable to my phone I think it could be used to tow the Spyder while it was in the Tackform mount.

Brad0414
03-14-2021, 04:12 PM
Lamonster top cuff with a Ram x-grip phone holder works excellent for my oversized Iphone XR. I've used them forever and can vouch they really hold. Even comes with a rubber stretch safety holder, which I think is a bit overkill. But if I had your experience, I'd probably use it. X -mounts come in different sizes also. :thumbup:
https://www.rammount.com/product-lines/x-grip

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

CopperSpyder
03-14-2021, 04:24 PM
heres some options "click: https://www.foxtrot4x4.com/collections/can-am-spyder?page=2

MONK
03-14-2021, 06:53 PM
Guess I should have mentioned it has to mount to a 1" RAM ball. I guess I'll see if I can reach Lamont/Jeremy and if they can't resolve this, I might call Dave. The Quad Lock in post 5 looks interesting but that involves a new case. I like the case I've got now.

Valkrocket
03-14-2021, 07:01 PM
Guess I should have mentioned it has to mount to a 1" RAM ball. I guess I'll see if I can reach Lamont/Jeremy and if they can't resolve this, I might call Dave. The Quad Lock in post 5 looks interesting but that involves a new case. I like the case I've got now.

X=mount has a 1" ball attached.

gkamer
03-17-2021, 12:44 PM
I have a Lamonster Phone Phang now and it must be losing it's springiness. I almost lost my brand new $1400 phone today going around a curve. Had it not been plugged in, it would have been shattered along the road somewhere. I'm less than happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Lamonster Garage and maybe I got a bad unit or maybe it just wore out.

I use my phone for music (downloaded and Sirius app) and Google Maps so it has to be visible. I have it mounted in the middle of the bars.

I'm not sure if I should buy a new Lamonster Phone Phang or get something else like a Tackform. Might be something else out there I'm not aware of. I'm not interested in one of those generic $20 Amazon overseas built POS. I need to KNOW whatever I have my phone in will keep it secure. (Not that there's not a place for generic Amazon overseas built crap.)

Recommendations, please?

I use the Quad Lock. Holds my phone rock steady no matter how rough the road may be.

MONK
03-17-2021, 02:18 PM
I keep looking @ the Quad Lock but the case is pretty much a deal breaker. I leave the phone next to me on my desk during the day and wouldn't be able to use that case as it would rock. Also, with that hump, I think I'd lose my wireless charging. I looked at the Rokmount (?) but that's closer to $150. Probably not gonna happen.

Glenngo
03-17-2021, 04:35 PM
I love me Ram Quick Grip Wireless Charging Holder. easy to put phone in or take out. and being wireless reduces the times I have to plug into the phone power port. You just need to have the proper Ram ball mount for your situation.

YIRYDE
03-17-2021, 08:15 PM

I also have the Tackform, for me it's the best one I have used. I have had the Ram X-Grip, Techmount and Lamonster's Phone Phang (didn't fit my Iphone XS-Max with case).

The Tackform has the strongest grip of the phone holders I mentioned. It also includes a tether if you want to use it.

You could also buy a Tether for Lamonsters Phone Phang if you don't want to buy another phone mount,https://www.amazon.com/RAM-MOUNTS-X-Grip-UN7-Tether/dp/B017STCELI?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Tadpoll
03-18-2021, 11:36 AM
I used to have the RAM X-Grip. Hit a bump on the freeway & phone jumped out (at night). I was never comfortable with that mount. Now have the Quad Lock (& new phone). Couldn’t be happier.

bigbadbrucie
03-18-2021, 11:58 AM
I had a RAM mount (a ball actually from Ram) with a 1/4 inch screw that would screw into my tri-axis bars on my ‘14 RTS, then attached an x-mount to hold my cel. That 1/4 inch screw broke off at the base where it attached to my bars and my phone fell off. My phone is now either in my shirt pocket or safely tucked away in my trunk. Todays smartphones are too expensive to lose or to break...I bought a gps. It was cheaper.