PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

Spydy14st
03-12-2021, 07:59 PM
Hi guys! I ride a 2018 Road King Special. My wife wanted her own bike but didn't want to hold up and balance a 2 wheel bike. She bought a black 2014 STS. She just signed up for a MSF course and will have her license soon. She's been riding it around the neighborhood.. lol Here's the thing.. I want one! I like riding it better than my Harley! I will have one! lol It will be a little bit before I can get one but I will be selling or trading in my Road King! I like to work on my own stuff within my ability so i'm here to learn all I can. Anyway.. Hi, I'm Alan

ned64
03-12-2021, 10:07 PM
Hi an welcome to spyderlovers. Your wife is going to love her spyder . Youve got spyder fever now too. Its going drive you crazy til you can get one of your own

rugercharger
03-12-2021, 10:17 PM
welcome aboard. only a matter of time. alot of people on this forum came from the two wheel world. as you explore this forum, you will read alot of reasons why.

RICZ
03-12-2021, 10:25 PM
I can understand you wanting one. After 68 years on 2 wheels, I made the switch to 3. I can still ride a 2 wheeler, but do I want to? Heck no! I can't believe Spyder can be more fun, take curves faster and still eliminate the fears and worries that I had on 2 wheels.
Do it....you will not regret it. Incidentally, I've had 2 TriGlide riders tell me they wish they got a Spyder.

Lew L
03-13-2021, 12:05 AM

:welcome:
Lots here have come from large 2 wheel motorcycles. You're in good company. I still ride my poor, old, slow V-Max but it's not a 900 pound bagger.

Lew L

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-13-2021, 02:57 AM
Hi :congrats:... :welcome: ... Routine maintenance is easy, if you have at least modest wrenching skills and some basic tools and a decent floor jack .... I do 99% of the work on my 14 RT including the 80 + mods. ..... good luck .... and read the do's& do not's .... you will learn a lot ..... ask here before you attempt anything serious ... we are here to help .... Mike :thumbup:

Bfromla
03-13-2021, 05:32 AM
:welcome::congrats::clap:No problem with having two & tree wheels :riding::yes: good to alternate/ keep in practice. Particularly handy if one is unfortunately in shop for whatever :sour:
(of course a beautiful day & open opportunity comes along when that happens):banghead:

Little Blue
03-13-2021, 06:11 AM
:coffee: Welcome to the Spyder Forum. .:thumbup:

JohnRuckus
03-13-2021, 09:48 AM
Congrats to you and the wife. Welcome to spyder life.

ARtraveler
03-13-2021, 10:21 AM
:welcome: You will find some good reading about the :ani29: you want. Feel free to ask questions. Good luck with your research.