PDA

View Full Version : New Sea to Sky missing front speakers!

Joel The Biker
03-08-2021, 01:08 PM
I picked up my new Sea to Sky and the front speakers are missing from the factory! I pulled the speaker grilles off and there is nothing there. Guess the assembler was out with COVID that day. This is crazy! Dealer is going to fix it. Anyone know what size they are on the 2020s? I want to upgrade anyway.

Lew L
03-08-2021, 01:25 PM
You must be kidding----------- but your are not!!!! No radio check from the factory or dealer????? Amazingnojoke

Boilermaker
03-08-2021, 01:27 PM
And you took delivery that way? :wrong:

taxmyzer
03-08-2021, 01:45 PM
I picked up my new Sea to Sky and the front speakers are missing from the factory! This is crazy! Dealer is going to fix it. Anyone know what size they are on the 2020s? I want to upgrade anyway.

That's crazy! Don't they have quality control checks setup on the line?

honsfun
03-08-2021, 01:47 PM
what else is missing????

Joel The Biker
03-08-2021, 01:54 PM
The dealer said they wouldnt be able to check the radio before delivery because there is no reception there. I hope the factory didnt forget anything else. I have the whole spyder torn apart and havent found any other issues. This is just another example of poor quality control at BRP.

sKiZo
03-08-2021, 02:10 PM
The dealer said they wouldnt be able to check the radio before delivery because there is no reception there.

I call BS on that ... Never heard of streaming radio or MP3? I'd lean more towards them disappearing at the dealership. Maybe some other owner blew his speakers, and they stripped yours (fully intending to replace them of course) ... then spacing it.

Joel The Biker
03-08-2021, 02:26 PM
I call BS on that ... Never heard of streaming radio or MP3? I'd lean more towards them disappearing at the dealership. Maybe some other owner blew his speakers, and they stripped yours (fully intending to replace them of course) ... then spacing it.

Ummm, no. The dealer did not take them out. They uncrated it the day before I picked it up and I saw it before assembly. The tech is very good at his job. They cant road test this time of year, but he said they probably would have missed it anyway because there is no radio reception there. And even if they tuned to a station, they might miss it because the rear speakers could drown out the fronts. The front tweeters are there and work fine. I was eager to get it home also. I cant blame the dealer in any way. This is all BRP's fault.

trikermutha
03-08-2021, 02:28 PM
Geez really no speakers thats bad.

bikerchris1270
03-08-2021, 02:45 PM
I picked up my new Sea to Sky and the front speakers are missing from the factory! I pulled the speaker grilles off and there is nothing there. Guess the assembler was out with COVID that day. This is crazy! Dealer is going to fix it. Anyone know what size they are on the 2020s? I want to upgrade anyway.

I betcha you paid for dealer prep.......

agrimm01
03-08-2021, 02:49 PM

That is pretty crazy to be missing the speakers. I was missing a bolt in the air ride suspension connector but have all of my speakers. haha BTW....can't imagine you wanting to upgrade the factory speakers. They are awesome, of course assuming they are installed.

MONK
03-08-2021, 03:31 PM
That is pretty crazy to be missing the speakers. I was missing a bolt in the air ride suspension connector but have all of my speakers. haha BTW....can't imagine you wanting to upgrade the factory speakers. They are awesome, of course assuming they are installed.

I can understand that. That bolt isn't in place from the factory. If it was, once someone applied power, it would lift the bike up. They keep it as compact as possible in shipping.

Joel---All I can say is "WTF, Chuck?!?".

gkamer
03-08-2021, 03:54 PM
The dealer said they wouldnt be able to check the radio before delivery because there is no reception there.

There should at least be static to indicate there are speakers in there....:dontknow:

Deanna777
03-08-2021, 07:18 PM

I would not have taken/or accepted the S2S spyder.

Did the sales person/or tech go over the spyder with you before you signing the paperwork?

I wonder if the can-am dealership inspected/or checked the spyder before they took delivery!!!!!!!

Where was the Quality control inspector or the supervisor on the production floor????????

What else is missing?????????????????

Deanna

Deanna777
03-08-2021, 07:19 PM
And you took delivery that way? :wrong:

I agree!

I would not have accepted the spyder that way!

Deanna

ARtraveler
03-08-2021, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your S2S experience. Hopefully, this is a one of a kind and is not the beginning of a rash of bad QC.

Please keep us posted. :yes:

Joel The Biker
03-08-2021, 07:31 PM
I didnt want them to go over how stuff worked on the spyder. That is part of the fun of a new vehicle. Learning how everything works. I just wanted to get it home and start working on it. Even if we tried the radio, it would just be static, which I could here through the front tweeters anyway. Its just one of those strange things that can be missed because you would never expect the factory to forget the speakers. No blame at all for the dealer. This is an excellent family owned dealer that I have done business with for many many years. If anything, its partly my fault for being in a hurry to get it home. I simply never expected the factory to forget to install parts.

MONK
03-08-2021, 08:00 PM
hopefully, this is a one of a kind and is not the continuation of bad qc.

ftfy. :)

canamjhb
03-08-2021, 08:00 PM
After I retired from my life's career I worked PT selling RVs. Every RV we sold was demonstrated to the buyer. We operated EVERY feature. Every thing, right down to each light bulb. This was done regardless of the buyers experience owning RVs. Good dealers do this and both seasoned and new customers appreciated the attention to detail. I don't think the dealership I worked for was unusual. You may have high regard for your dealership but as far as I am concerned they failed you as a customer..... Jim

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-08-2021, 09:14 PM
Maybe you accidentally ordered the S2S-S model! (-S, the Silent version :roflblack:)

MONK
03-08-2021, 09:19 PM
After I retired from my life's career I worked PT selling RVs. Every RV we sold was demonstrated to the buyer. We operated EVERY feature. Every thing, right down to each light bulb. This was done regardless of the buyers experience owning RVs. Good dealers do this and both seasoned and new customers appreciated the attention to detail. I don't think the dealership I worked for was unusual. You may have high regard for your dealership but as far as I am concerned they failed you as a customer..... Jim

That does (2) very good things. First, it's great customer service. Even though ALL owners manuals cover EVERYTHING in detail (well, you know, except for the Spyder audio system :) ), there are always some things a new owner doesn't know about. Lots of us are on our 2nd (or 6th) Spyder and still have those "really? I didn't know about that" moments. Second, it's one final quality control check. "And this switch is for the exterior lights." "Oops. Doesn't look like that light came on. We'll get that fixed before you leave." Neither Spyder dealer even attempted to do something like that. The 2nd one just acted like they didn't care (and probably didn't know jack about it anyway). The Honda dealer where I leased my car DID do that and asked me if I had any more questions. (And set up the electronic gizmos, etc.) Makes me want to go back.

Joel The Biker
03-08-2021, 10:41 PM

Like I said before, I refused the orientation. I know the tech and told him I didnt want to go over the bike's features. They did offer. I was running short on time and had a1 hour return trip home. Blame me, not the dealer if you want.

PMK
03-09-2021, 02:03 AM
Joel, keep the faith. You know what you have enjoy it and disregard these old codger nasayers.

Little Blue
03-09-2021, 06:10 AM
:coffee: Enjoy your New Ryde Time and the Smile Miles. ....:thumbup:

tibadoe
03-09-2021, 07:17 AM
Like I said before, I refused the orientation. I know the tech and told him I didnt want to go over the bike's features. They did offer. I was running short on time and had a1 hour return trip home...........

Been there before myself. Time is short and and things to do. When I picked up any new car & bike from dealerships I refused "orientation". They said come back anytime if any questions/issues/problems. I was good to go since I read the manual a couple times while waiting for build & delivery. I did inspect and go over every option myself for almost an hour before signing. Sometimes things happen & you or dealer will miss something - not a biggie since they will make it right. Enjoy your new Ryde.

bikerbillone
03-09-2021, 07:20 AM
Agree, how many of us discover a minor problem after riding the machine a few miles?

agrimm01
03-09-2021, 07:48 AM
I can understand that. That bolt isn't in place from the factory. If it was, once someone applied power, it would lift the bike up. They keep it as compact as possible in shipping.

Joel---All I can say is "WTF, Chuck?!?".

That makes sense for that bolt to not be shipped installed.

5Wheels
03-09-2021, 07:50 AM
When I bought my '16 RTL it over heated on the way home. I limped back to the dealer after a few stops to let it cool down. NO IMPELLER IN THE WATER PUMP! I got a "very" good deal from BRP on a heated comfort seat after that.

gg194
03-09-2021, 08:07 AM
I probably would have never known it, only have had my radio on once and that was a mistake trying to reset the trip meter. Don't know how I got it off, just kept messing with it.

MONK
03-09-2021, 09:07 AM
Guess I should check to make sure I have speakers. I never use the speakers and only pipe the tunes to my helmet. Hmmm.........

ARtraveler
03-09-2021, 10:47 AM
ftfy. :)

A new one for me...please translate. :bowdown:

ARtraveler
03-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Got the reply from a different thread. FTFY = Fixed That For You. :bowdown:

PS: the CAPITAL function seems to be working for me. :dontknow:

Rocketman 2012
03-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Recreational Ganga legal in Canada EH??
Sam:)