PDA

View Full Version : Towable Teardrop Camper

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I need to do more research on this but does anyone know anything about these?

http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/models/rascal/

Lamonster
08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
:thumbup:

tjfischer
08-31-2009, 06:04 PM

I've been looking at similar. been holding off because of the weight, and price. Most of the ones I have seen, the Dry weight varies from 350 - 550 pounds. Seems like a lot for the Spyder to be pulling.

Arana
08-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Great.

:2thumbs:

DannyS
08-31-2009, 06:38 PM
The tongue weight of 50 Lbs would concern me more and what would it be if you loaded it up?:dontknow:

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
After I load it up? WAY TOO MUCH!:2thumbs:

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Actually - I think I want this one.....
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Lamonster
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

DannyS
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Of course with a little creative packing you could actually decrease the tongue weight!:clap:

Dochands
08-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Might be more practical than a dedicated dog trailer for us pet lovers.

Tom in NM
08-31-2009, 07:38 PM

. . . . . a couple of years ago. From all the research I did, they were excellent, though expensive. There were also some other teardrop options that got great reviews too.

I ended up with a T@B. I was going to photoshop my Spyder into the picture below, but I have teased you enough lately. Maybe next time.

With 3 dogs, it just does not make sense (for me) to go camping with the Spyder. If I am riding overnight, I stay someplace.

Tom

DynamoBT
08-31-2009, 07:51 PM
I"ve spent most of this evening looking at these things! They are irresistably cute! I like that you don't have to set anything up. Course, hubby's fist question was "Aren't they a bit short?" Hey, I'm short!!!

I think I'm itching to hook something up and head out on the Spyder and hit the road!! Yeah, right. I wish I was younger! It's amazing what's out there. So many possibilities!! Too little time. . . . .and money!!!

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
. . . . . a couple of years ago. From all the research I did, they were excellent, though expensive. There were also some other teardrop options that got great reviews too.

I ended up with a T@B. I was going to photoshop my Spyder into the picture below, but I have teased you enough lately. Maybe next time.

With 3 dogs, it just does not make sense (for me) to go camping with the Spyder. If I am riding overnight, I stay someplace.

Tom

We have a Tahoe Toy Hauler - It sleeps 6, has a kitchen, bath, just like being home - can watch tv, heat, a/c. We adapted it to fit HDX's Harley and my Spyder. Before when we both had Harleys they fit fine but now the :spyder:is wider but it all works. We tow it w/ his truck. But we don't use it much anymore - well we stopped when gas became insane so we are toying w/ other ideas. We can keep it and just put it in Southern VT for base camp and tent it from there when we want to go further north. OR, we can sell it and buy a tent camper and just take the bikes, not worry about towing bikes w/ the truck. I don't know - we aren't in a hurry but it's sure fun looking at all the different things we can do :2thumbs:. If you have 3 dogs - you need the toy hauler - wanna buy it?!:2thumbs:

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
I"ve spent most of this evening looking at these things! They are irresistably cute! I like that you don't have to set anything up. Course, hubby's fist question was "Aren't they a bit short?" Hey, I'm short!!!

I think I'm itching to hook something up and head out on the Spyder and hit the road!! Yeah, right. I wish I was younger! It's amazing what's out there. So many possibilities!! Too little time. . . . .and money!!!

Well one good thing about where you live - it's NICE there! AT least you can enjoy the mountains and greenery where you are. We have to ride out of the New England armpit to get to places where there are mountains and less pollution.

But I know - too little time & money - definitely hear ya on that!

bjt
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM

My thoughts too. I see the Little Guy Rascal's mattress is only 68" long and I'm 72" tall. :sour:

tatt2r
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Too midevil for me hotels are nice if they can get wifi a jaccusi and a pool in that trailer I'll think about it :D

Tom in NM
08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
My thoughts too. I see the Little Guy Rascal's mattress is only 68" long and I'm 72" tall. :sour:

Brian, I have seen you. You are a big guy. When we met, I was seriously worried about you stepping on me. I can just imagine you after a night in a Rascal . . . well, see for yourself.

Tom

ataDude
08-31-2009, 08:42 PM

You'll grow/shrink into it, Brian, as you get older. :clap:

Firefly
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM

I briefly looked at teardrop units while I was looking at campers--- couldn't quite find the right combination of weight/features/price that I wanted.

Having one painted to match the Spyder would be great.

I looked at all of the popular camping units-- there's some pretty neat stuff out there.

Decided to wait as I wouldn't use it much this summer--- and for $5,000+ I figure I can stay 50 nights at a hotel!

I do like camping though!

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
I briefly looked at teardrop units while I was looking at campers--- couldn't quite find the right combination of weight/features/price that I wanted.

Having one painted to match the Spyder would be great.

I looked at all of the popular camping units-- there's some pretty neat stuff out there.

Decided to wait as I wouldn't use it much this summer--- and for $5,000+ I figure I can stay 50 nights at a hotel!

I do like camping though!

I love camping but ever since we went to nthn VT with Roaddog and Pat I hated it since then. NOT because of Roaddog and Pat but because of the 50 bullfrogs singing in this nasty mosquito muck of a bog that the tent was near. They went ALL NIGHT LONG. I even got up at like 2 a.m. and drank more liquor thinking I'd pass out and sleep but they were LOUD. Never camped in a place like that. Most campsites even the frogs are more quiet than that. So I want a tent but more soundproof (why I liked the Tear Drop) and off the ground. It was pouring all day when we got to that campsite - I figure if I'm off the ground it might be a little better and no loud frog. I just like camping because of everythign being portable - just pick up and go.

Tom in NM
08-31-2009, 09:09 PM
The frogs went on ALL NIGHT LONG. I even got up at like 2 a.m. and drank more liquor thinking I'd pass out and sleep but they were LOUD.

. . . . . next time I have an attack of the frogs, I know just what to do. :D

Tom

dltang
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Brian, I have seen you. You are a big guy. When we met, I was seriously worried about you stepping on me. I can just imagine you after a night in a Rascal . . . well, see for yourself.

Tom

Tom, thanks for the giggle, actually I laughed out loud. I think it is a nice set up but yeah, it won't do any good if I can't get my husband in it. It would have been great, because it could double as a dog trailer for Casey. Maybe if he bends his knees it will work. hmmm.

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
. . . . . next time I have an attack of the frogs, I know just what to do. :D

Tom

Don't do it! It didn't work. Didn't shut up the frogs one bit and I was a wide awake drunk by then. Then I had to ride back the next day after NO sleep.

Roaddog2
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
I love camping but ever since we went to nthn VT with Roaddog and Pat I hated it since then. NOT because of Roaddog and Pat but because of the 50 bullfrogs singing in this nasty mosquito muck of a bog that the tent was near. They went ALL NIGHT LONG. I even got up at like 2 a.m. and drank more liquor thinking I'd pass out and sleep but they were LOUD. Never camped in a place like that. Most campsites even the frogs are more quiet than that. So I want a tent but more soundproof (why I liked the Tear Drop) and off the ground. It was pouring all day when we got to that campsite - I figure if I'm off the ground it might be a little better and no loud frog. I just like camping because of everythign being portable - just pick up and go.
You could have been in a cabin a mile away and you would of heard those frogs they were having a rally at that camp ground but I think they all croaked since then so lets go back :ani29:

Tom in NM
08-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Tom, thanks for the giggle, actually I laughed out loud. I think it is a nice set up but yeah, it won't do any good if I can't get my husband in it. It would have been great, because it could double as a dog trailer for Casey. Maybe if he bends his knees it will work. hmmm.

. . . he is tall enough, I say, just trim him off at the knees, nobody will notice.

Probably easier to let Casey sleep in the Rascal and chain Brian outside.

Decisions . . . . decisions . . . . decisions

Tom

Smylinacha
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
You could have been in a cabin a mile away and you would of heard those frogs they were having a rally at that camp ground but I think they all croaked since then so lets go back :ani29:

I want to go back to Pine Hollow where you and Steve had the munchies:2thumbs:

DannyS
08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Have you looked at the Time out Slipstream , All you do is open it and its done. the box is 74" long so the bed should be close to that. If not you can just leave a little unzipped and he can stick his feet out. Of course he may wake up in the middle of the night with something licking his feet. I was thinking about this for me and Pippy but I am not much for camping. My idea of roughing it is Econolodge instead of the Hilton. Of course now I have to pay instead of the company.:chat:

bjt
08-31-2009, 10:18 PM
. . . he is tall enough, I say, just trim him off at the knees, nobody will notice.

Probably easier to let Casey sleep in the Rascal and chain Brian outside.

Decisions . . . . decisions . . . . decisions

Tom

Where's the love bro? :dontknow:

:D

Firefly
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM

I really liked the Roll-A-Home the best of what I looked at.

I wish the A-Liner A-lite was lighter---- would be a nice option:

http://www.aliner.com/design/products_detail_aliner.php?prodid=6