PDA

View Full Version : Lower Brake Pedal on 2021 Spyder RTL

Twidget
02-22-2021, 05:34 PM
I saw several threads on here about the F3 mod from Lamonster to lower the brake pedal.
I even found the installation manual for the Can Am version on their site.

My question is, is there such a modification for the RTL?

I have a bit of sciatica in my right leg so lifting my entire leg to put my foot on the brake tends to aggravate it. If the pedal was just a bit lower so I could just pivot my foot on my heel that would remedy it.

Copperman
02-22-2021, 05:48 PM
You might want to contact Lamonster Garage direct.

Pooch
03-02-2021, 05:51 PM
Hi Twidget!
Just curious if you have found the answer to this as I too would like to lower the brake pedal on my 2021 RTL if possible.
Thanks..

Jcummins
03-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Me too.

MONK
03-02-2021, 07:36 PM
While the brake pedal placement on the current gen RT (I have a 2021 RT base) is far better then the previous generation (I had a 2018 RT Limited), it's still a ways to the brake pedal. I'd like to see some way to move the pedal down a bit. Not sure if it can be done as I think (and I could very well be wrong) it's directly attached to the master cylinder lever whereas the F3 brake pedal has a long bar connecting the 2 (easier to make a bar a 1/2 size shorter to lower the pedal). Could very well be that an entirely new RT brake pedal would have to be fabricated. Nothing Lamont couldn't do/offer but the ROI might not make it worth the effort. (i.e. if it cost Lamont $600 to make a new pedal (I'm thinking billet IPS style to match the rest of his IPS stuff :) ) and he doesn't feel he could sell same for more than $150, he's not going to do it just to lose money. I mean, he's a nice guy and all but you can't run a successful business by losing money.

Lew L
03-02-2021, 08:02 PM
What about a spacer of some type to raise your HEEL.

Snoking1127
03-02-2021, 08:57 PM
When I took my trike class on a 2021 RT-L I thought the same thing(brake pedal was a little difficult to fine with my foot) after practicing on my 2018 for a week just around the RV Park.

Knizar
03-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Rather than lower the brake pedal, Lamonster has a kit for raising the floor boards 1 1/2 inches. this makes the pedal closer to the top of the floor boards, and easier to mount the 2020RTL+, swinging your leg over the seat. I plan on ordering this mainly for my wife to get her leg over the seat when mounting. WIN, WIN in our case! (Very simple add-on) and an (Excellent Video by the Boss Himself)...

Michaelscs
03-02-2021, 10:41 PM
Rather than lower the brake pedal, Lamonster has a kit for raising the floor boards 1 1/2 inches. this makes the pedal closer to the top of the floor boards, and easier to mount the 2020RTL+, swinging your leg over the seat. I plan on ordering this mainly for my wife to get her leg over the seat when mounting. WIN, WIN in our case!

That will work for people of shorter stature, but taller people will lose leg room. However, watching Lamonster's video, it looks like the brake lever is mounted on a splined shaft. I wonder if it could be rotated one spline on the shaft to be lowered. Mine is still in storage, but I plan to look at it soon because I would like my brake lowered too.

Knizar
03-02-2021, 11:04 PM
Mich, I believe your right, I watched that video again and it does appear that the pedal is on a splined shaft, this pedal could be moved (1, maybe 2 spline ) For us old dogs with short legs , we can't lift our leg near as high as the younger generation. so the riser step would come into play .( Like lowering the hydrant for us )

Peteoz
03-02-2021, 11:58 PM
That will work for people of shorter stature, but taller people will lose leg room. However, watching Lamonster's video, it looks like the brake lever is mounted on a splined shaft. I wonder if it could be rotated one spline on the shaft to be lowered. Mine is still in storage, but I plan to look at it soon because I would like my brake lowered too.

Actually, being a rider of “taller stature” myself, I have ordered Lamont’s 20/21 RT board raisers and am going to have a go at inverting them to lower the board. Don’t know if it will work yet as I have not yet got my 20/21 RT, but Lamont can’t see any reason it wouldn’t (although he hasn’t tried it). That still doesn’t fix the high brake pedal (in fact it makes it higher), but one problem at a time. Hopefully the spline will allow some adjustment.

Pete

TIMMB
03-03-2021, 07:31 AM
There's a fair amount of work trying to change the spline position. Don't bother I tried it right after I bought my bike a year ago the splines are too coarse and it doesn't work.

K80Shooter
03-03-2021, 08:13 AM
When I did the Can Am class we used a 2021 Spyder Rt-l and I thought the pedal was too high also. Now I have purchased a 2020 RT-L and the brake pedal is lower than was on the 2021 so I'm guessing that it's on a splined shaft also and could be adjusted to suit you. It wouldn't take much effort to do/try, what do you have to loose? You might even save some money in the process.

Michaelscs
03-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Actually, being a rider of “taller stature” myself, I have ordered Lamont’s 20/21 RT board raisers and am going to have a go at inverting them to lower the board. Don’t know if it will work yet as I have not yet got my 20/21 RT, but Lamont can’t see any reason it wouldn’t (although he hasn’t tried it). That still doesn’t fix the high brake pedal (in fact it makes it higher), but one problem at a time. Hopefully the spline will allow some adjustment.

Pete

I like your thinking! (I'm tall too) My concern would be the board hitting the brake lever when it's moved down. I'm going to be watching for your results! Keep us informed.
If the splines are too coarse as TIMMB said, it might work with your idea.

HayRog
03-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Interesting thread here ! I've been wanting to either lower the brake pedal or raise the floorboard on our 2015 RT-L.
I just got off the phone with Lamonster Garage and they don't have a kit for raising the floorboard (for the rider anyway, only the passenger) for my model Spyder.

I'm going to check out the splines myself, but after reading the previous posts don't holds out much luck. Lowering the pedal itself would seem to be the best option.
If I (or someone else) can figure that out .......

I already have the brake pedal extension arm but that only partly solves my problem.

Michaelscs
03-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Interesting thread here ! I've been wanting to either lower the brake pedal or raise the floorboard on our 2015 RT-L.
I just got off the phone with Lamonster Garage and they don't have a kit for raising the floorboard (for the rider anyway, only the passenger) for my model Spyder.

I'm going to check out the splines myself, but after reading the previous posts don't holds out much luck. Lowering the pedal itself would seem to be the best option.
If I (or someone else) can figure that out .......

I already have the brake pedal extension arm but that only partly solves my problem.

This thread pertains to 2020 & 2021 RT/RTL models. The info probably isn't going to help much on your '15.

Jcummins
03-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Cut a small piece out of the arm and weld back together? Bet there could be issues of the pedal hitting the floorboards. It comes back to the distance between the bottom of the pedal and the floorboards.

A cutout in the floor boards? Is it feasible?

Peteoz
03-03-2021, 03:13 PM
I like your thinking! (I'm tall too) My concern would be the board hitting the brake lever when it's moved down. I'm going to be watching for your results! Keep us informed.
If the splines are too coarse as TIMMB said, it might work with your idea.

Fingers crossed that I don’t have to wait too long for the new models to hit Aussie shores, Michael. Yeah, I don’t know what issues I may come across when I try to invert the risers, but fingers crossed. I thought I would get in early just in case Lamont ran out of the risers and decided it wasn’t worth making any more :thumbup: I also hope that the spline idea will work as that would solve a big issue with the brake pedal height.
Just out of interest, how tall are you? You have been able to adjust ok to accessing the pedal in a hurry?

Pete

Pete

Michaelscs
03-03-2021, 03:54 PM
Fingers crossed that I don’t have to wait too long for the new models to hit Aussie shores, Michael. Yeah, I don’t know what issues I may come across when I try to invert the risers, but fingers crossed. I thought I would get in early just in case Lamont ran out of the risers and decided it wasn’t worth making any more :thumbup: I also hope that the spline idea will work as that would solve a big issue with the brake pedal height.
Just out of interest, how tall are you? You have been able to adjust ok to accessing the pedal in a hurry?

Pete

Pete

I’m short compared to you at only 6’4”. I came off of a F3 Daytona and F3T. Definitely more leg room on those, but with 3000 miles on my new RTL I have gotten use to less on it. Lots of room to move around on the RT floor boards and you can stand on them at slower speeds and stop signs to stretch and give your butt a break (a nice bonus that you can’t do on an F3!)
I’m also use to the brake pedal height, but I’d really like it a little lower. I’m really liking the RTL(hated the pre 2020 ones), and the power windshield is amazing! No more head buffeting problems:yes:. I tried 7 different windshields on my 3 F3’s and never found one that was great.

Peteoz
03-03-2021, 06:58 PM
I’m short compared to you at only 6’4”. I came off of a F3 Daytona and F3T. Definitely more leg room on those, but with 3000 miles on my new RTL I have gotten use to less on it. Lots of room to move around on the RT floor boards and you can stand on them at slower speeds and stop signs to stretch and give your butt a break (a nice bonus that you can’t do on an F3!)
I’m also use to the brake pedal height, but I’d really like it a little lower. I’m really liking the RTL(hated the pre 2020 ones), and the power windshield is amazing! No more head buffeting problems:yes:. I tried 7 different windshields on my 3 F3’s and never found one that was great.

Sounds very encouraging...thanks Michael.... and yes, one of the big reasons for me getting the new RT is the adjustable screen. I had one on my Vic Vision and absolutely loved it.

Pete

Twidget
03-03-2021, 10:08 PM
I am 6'2". I would really like a lower brake pedal but I am getting used to it. Have only had the Spyder two weeks, have almost 200 miles and the more I ride the more I am getting used to the pedal but lowering it would still be nice and I would be will to pay a reasonable price for something that does the job well.

Maybe Lamonster will see all the interest on this and come up with something. :pray:

Snoking1127
03-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Don't raise the bridge, lower the river!

HayRog
03-04-2021, 11:19 AM
This thread pertains to 2020 & 2021 RT/RTL models. The info probably isn't going to help much on your '15.

Yeah, I realize I "invaded" a thread. Just thought I may get some helpful information out of it.

Michaelscs
03-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I realize I "invaded" a thread. Just thought I may get some helpful information out of it.

I don't think you "invaded" at all. I just didn't want you to think the info discussed would all necessarily work on your bike.

Jcummins
03-04-2021, 08:00 PM
I made a comment about having to notch the floorboard so the brake pedal wouldn't hit the floor board. Made those comments by just visualizing my 2020 RTL floorboards and this evening I took a closer look and realize the floorboard is already that way, so that interference with the brake pedal to the floorboard shouldn't be a problem. It also looks like this could be turned on the spline and still have brake pedal left before it would get even with a floorboard. Has anyone actually tried to move the brake pedal on the spline to see if in fact that's going to work?

With pretty bad knees working the brake pedal is a bit of an issue for me even to the point that I thought about maybe I should consider a handbrake. In fact from riding motorcycles my reaction time in applying the brake may improve, since I've reached for the handbrake more than once riding this spider.

HayRog
03-05-2021, 11:45 AM
I don't think you "invaded" at all. I just didn't want you to think the info discussed would all necessarily work on your bike.

Oh - I took nothing bad from your comment, it was spot on. I've picked up a couple of useful ideas from this thread though. All's good :)

TIMMB
03-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Has anyone actually tried to move the brake pedal on the spline to see if in fact that's going to work? See post #12

Peteoz
03-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Has anyone actually tried to move the brake pedal on the spline to see if in fact that's going to work? See post #12

Sorry Tim, but your question has really confused me, since YOU said in post #12 that you tried it and it didn’t work as the splines were too coarse. Am I missing something? (Wouldn’t be the first time:ohyea:)

Pete

Peter Aawen
03-05-2021, 03:46 PM

As the OP of post #12 mentioned, moving the pedal on the spline doesn't work - in fact, it can't work because the actuating rod length will still remain the same - and without changing the pedal lever itself, it's that rod length that determines the pedal height.... ;)

Given that you have a fixed brake cyl piston position; a given length actuating rod; a fixed pedal pivot point (albeit with splines to allow proper positioning for brake actuation); and a fixed length pedal lever...... moving the pedal on the spline is really only likely to mess up the brake actuation, either forcing the brakes to be ON all the time, or it'll mean the pedal 'push length' probably won't ever fully apply them! :shocked:

So the only real solutions to change the pedal height involve either moving the fixed points at each end, which is sorta hard to do & so unlikley; or to change the rod &/or pedal lever length, and it's a fair bit easier to change the rod length than it is to modify/replace the pedal lever itself - even if it's just by drilling a new hole in the connecting yoke on the end of the rod. :thumbup:

Snoking1127
03-05-2021, 04:00 PM
As the OP of post #12 mentioned, moving the pedal on the spline doesn't work - in fact, it can't work because the actuating rod length will still remain the same - and without changing the pedal lever itself, it's that rod length that determines the pedal height.... ;)

Given that you have a fixed brake cyl piston position; a given length actuating rod; a fixed pedal pivot point (albeit with splines to allow proper positioning for brake actuation); and a fixed length pedal lever...... moving the pedal on the spline is really only likely to mess up the brake actuation, either forcing the brakes to be ON all the time, or it'll mean the pedal 'push length' probably won't ever fully apply them! :shocked:

So the only real solutions to change the pedal height involve either moving the fixed points at each end, which is sorta hard to do & so unlikley; or to change the rod &/or pedal lever length, and it's a fair bit easier to change the rod length than it is to modify/replace the pedal lever itself - even if it's just by drilling a new hole in the connecting yoke on the end of the rod. :thumbup:

I think what Timmb was saying on post #12 that moving it one spline position lowered it to much.

TIMMB
03-05-2021, 04:35 PM
Sorry for the confusion I posted that in reference to Post 25 where he asked if anyone had actually tried it. I did, it doesn't work the pedal much too low if you can move it. Actually I remember now the spline is indexed you can't change it.

TIMMB
03-05-2021, 05:19 PM
The brake rod is the answer. Similar to what was done with the f3. I relocated the hole on my f3. As you can see from the picture they put stops on these and you can't just slide it forward or back. You either have to grind off the stop and you could redrill. Or shorten the bar. One hole with is about a quarter of an inch drops the pedal one half an inch. I have a spare bar from my f3 that's to long I might play with it to modify it and see how that works.

TIMMB
03-05-2021, 06:41 PM
I mocked up a spare F3 bar I had. An eighth of an inch shorter drops it 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch. I don't think you want to go more than an inch. I'm sure Lamont will make a solid replacement bar if there's enough demand. Like the ones he made for the F3. No one wants the liability of an adjustable bar.

Peteoz
03-06-2021, 04:53 PM
Brilliant.....thanks Tim. I might need the pedal to go 2” if I drop the boards an inch or so lower. Just by way of “speculation” based on your experience, do you think it would be possible to take a half inch off the bar to drop the pedal 2”, or is that out of the question?

Pete

Peteoz
03-06-2021, 04:59 PM
As the OP of post #12 mentioned, moving the pedal on the spline doesn't work
:thumbup:

Yeah, Pete, but that’s what confused me. The poster of #12 was Timmb, and it was Timmb asking in post #27 if anyone had tried moving the brake pedal on the spline :dontknow: . As you know, I am easily confused :thumbup: ....... Tim has now clarified in a later post :2thumbs:

Pete

Michaelscs
03-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Brilliant.....thanks Tim. I might need the pedal to go 2” if I drop the boards an inch or so lower. Just by way of “speculation” based on your experience, do you think it would be possible to take a half inch off the bar to drop the pedal 2”, or is that out of the question?

Pete

Pete, I think your going to run into trouble trying to lower your boards with your Lamonster kit idea. I took a close look under the boards at the brake lever today. The brake arm/lever runs about a 1/2" from the bottom of the boards until in bends up through the cutout opening in the boards. I took a picture to try to show it.

Mike

TIMMB
03-06-2021, 08:09 PM
I don't think you can go much more than an inch drop without losing the leverage you need to be safe.

Peter Aawen
03-06-2021, 08:49 PM
I don't think you can go much more than an inch drop without losing the leverage you need to be safe.

Even in the normal course of events, Peteoz has got plenty of leverage! :roflblack:

But even so, if he ever needs to 'stand' on the brake pedal, you can be assured that pedal will bloody well stay stood on! :yikes:

I think it's got something to do with his 'well over 6ft tall height & 300(+?) Lbs of weight..... Oh, and maybe his size 'freakin ginormous' boots too! :rolleyes:

Good thing he's a gentle fella.... you are, aren't you Pete?? :dontknow: :shocked: . Now come on Pete, it was only a little joke.... orright already, maybe not quite that little, but still :chill:

Peteoz
03-07-2021, 03:20 PM
Pete, I think your going to run into trouble trying to lower your boards with your Lamonster kit idea. I took a close look under the boards at the brake lever today. The brake arm/lever runs about a 1/2" from the bottom of the boards until in bends up through the cutout opening in the boards. I took a picture to try to show it.

Mike

Bugger........thanks, Mike, that’s very good of you to have a look. Might be a set of floorboard risers going to a lucky Aussie recipient shortly. I’ll see how they go IF the new RTs ever arrive in Oz.

Pete

Peteoz
03-07-2021, 03:27 PM
Good thing he's a gentle fella.... you are, aren't you Pete?? :dontknow: :shocked: . Now come on Pete, it was only a little joke.... orright already, maybe not quite that little, but still :chill:

Hahaha......yep, I’m a gentle fellow, Peter, but my “twin” isn’t. I’m sending him around to have a chat to you. I’m the “Danny DeVito” of the pair :ohyea:
.......and yeah, leverage is not something I’m in short supply of :roflblack:

Pete

Peteoz
03-07-2021, 03:35 PM
.....and just as an aside, those size 15s do create issues. I have used Lamont’s lowering rod to get the brake down a little, to a more reachable position on my F3-L, and I was occasionally not finding the brakes working well. Turns out, with the lower pedal, and my heel well behind the pedal, I am occasionally contacting the top of the OEM bracket holding the board with my insole, without even realising it

I can’t use the wider pedal as it pushes my boot off the board, so I have had to adapt to keeping my boot heel further out on the board to take the top of the bracket out of play. Not really related to lowering the pedal on the 20RT, but just for info.

Pete

Pooch
03-11-2021, 01:08 PM
Today on Slingmods I found an oversized brake pedal by Show Chrome, part No SM-8320 which will fit the 2021 RT-L.
Description says 4-3/8"x3".
I called them to ask if the 3" height was taller than the OEM - they told me yes.
So... the width is great but this pedal seems to be even taller than the OEM on the bike... bummer!
I need it lower and wide.
Thinking about rigging a riser on TOP of the floorboard to shorten the stride between the seat and floorboard.
Just to experiment I would put some type of platform to set my foot on - on top of the existing floorboard - and secure it with velcro - initially - just to see if that would help in transitioning to the brake pedal without having to lift the foot so high.
The floorboards are just right for me now and I hate to raise the foot higher - which puts more cramp on the knee.... we'll see.

Jcummins
03-11-2021, 02:11 PM
Today on Slingmods I found an oversized brake pedal by Show Chrome, part No SM-8320 which will fit the 2021 RT-L.
Description says 4-3/8"x3".
I called them to ask if the 3" height was taller than the OEM - they told me yes.
So... the width is great but this pedal seems to be even taller than the OEM on the bike... bummer!
I need it lower and wide.
Thinking about rigging a riser on TOP of the floorboard to shorten the stride between the seat and floorboard.
Just to experiment I would put some type of platform to set my foot on - on top of the existing floorboard - and secure it with velcro - initially - just to see if that would help in transitioning to the brake pedal without having to lift the foot so high.
The floorboards are just right for me now and I hate to raise the foot higher - which puts more cramp on the knee.... we'll see.

As soon as weather clears up....it's exactly what I'm going to try. If it works probably get the floorboards riser provided the shorten leg position is to much of a negative.

bill4029
03-28-2021, 08:58 PM
I had a BPE prake pedal extension on my 2017 RTL and just picked up my new 2021 RTL and agree the pedal is high. The folks that designed the one for the 2019 and older is now working on one for me and others that have a similar request. I really liked the angled extension that allowed my toe to actuate the brake. I m providing photos and dimensions to their design guy and I hope they can provide one for me soon. Once I get it installed I would be happy to share the photos and my test results. the guys at refined cycle made a nice product for me and I bet the new one will be great too. I have no business association other than offering dimensions and details from my 2021 RTL.

Pooch
03-28-2021, 09:58 PM
Tried a mock-up of a riser on top of the floorboard.... no go.

As to the custom brake pedal extension being designed... PLEASE keep us informed! Thanks!

Jcummins
03-29-2021, 08:45 AM
Yes, very interested.

Jcummins
03-30-2021, 04:38 PM
Today added a Utopia backrest. It is a quality item. BUT judgement out on its worth. First off, my mockup raising the floorboards 1.5 inches does not work after adding the backrest. So even more interested now with bill4029 possible fix to the high brake pedal.

Amazing how one change impacts the riding experience.

MONK
03-30-2021, 06:14 PM
Today added a Utopia backrest. It is a quality item. BUT judgement out on its worth. First off, my mockup raising the floorboards 1.5 inches does not work after adding the backrest. So even more interested now with bill4029 possible fix to the high brake pedal.

Amazing how one change impacts the riding experience.

Not sure why raising the floorboards wouldn't work with the Utopia backrest. I have the Utopia backrest on my '21 RT and I just installed the Lamonster floorboard risers. The FEEL is different (although I'll get used to that) but I think it works well. I'll need to adjust the backrest so it's farther back (tilt) due to the different leg angle but overall, I think the feel is better. I can almost keep my heel on the 'board now when I go for the brake pedal although I have motion issues in my ankles. I hope to go on a longer ride this weekend (if the weather holds and the dentist can fix my broken tooth) to evaluate the raised 'boards a little more.

Jcummins
03-30-2021, 07:37 PM
Not sure why raising the floorboards wouldn't work with the Utopia backrest. I have the Utopia backrest on my '21 RT and I just installed the Lamonster floorboard risers. The FEEL is different (although I'll get used to that) but I think it works well. I'll need to adjust the backrest so it's farther back (tilt) due to the different leg angle but overall, I think the feel is better. I can almost keep my heel on the 'board now when I go for the brake pedal although I have motion issues in my ankles. I hope to go on a longer ride this weekend (if the weather holds and the dentist can fix my broken tooth) to evaluate the raised 'boards a little more.

I took all the backwards adjustments out of the backrest and still didn't feel right. I actually thought of removing the adjuster so the thickness of the retaining nut would give me more adjustment but instead took my mocked up off the floorboards. A much better feel fell into place then. I was also thinking of that 2" handlebar riser.....now I'm less sure I want it.

MONK
03-30-2021, 09:04 PM
I took all the backwards adjustments out of the backrest and still didn't feel right. I actually thought of removing the adjuster so the thickness of the retaining nut would give me more adjustment but instead took my mocked up off the floorboards. A much better feel fell into place then. I was also thinking of that 2" handlebar riser.....now I'm less sure I want it.

That's the 1st thing I've done to all (3) of my Utopia backrests. I like to adjust it on the fly or depending on how many layers I'm wearing that day.

Jcummins
03-31-2021, 12:22 PM
That's the 1st thing I've done to all (3) of my Utopia backrests. I like to adjust it on the fly or depending on how many layers I'm wearing that day.

I just now messed with that adjustment nut. You are right. To me they put that adjustment nut on the wrong side of the block the adjustment bolt screws into.

Backrest feels better. I need to ride more, but inclined to think I will not raise the floorboards. My legs just that bit to long, but still, my reaction time to the brake isn't the best. 2" riser on handlebars, maybe.

Pooch
03-31-2021, 03:52 PM
Still hoping to get more info from the member in post #44 as to a custom brake pedal.

However, in the meantime, I have found that after putting on the Heli-Bars and proper adjustments made they come back to me and therefore puts me back nicely against my driver backrest. This angle allows me to put my feet more forward on the floorboards (my legs more stretched out) and seems to almost put my toes at a slight "up" angle on the boards, thus making it a little easier to move the foot over to the brake pedal... or else I am getting more used to picking up the foot and moving it over on the brake pedal...maybe some of both... :dontknow:

The driver backrest is backordered til July now. I could not wait that long. I have had Utopia on my last 3 bikes/trike. I decided to try the cheaper Show Chrome backrest. It comes 3" forward and 1" up. It's o--k-a-a-ay.... except the back pad itself could be wider. At least it is useable for now and I absolutely HAVE to have a backrest.

Peter Aawen
03-31-2021, 04:05 PM
I had a BPE prake pedal extension on my 2017 RTL and just picked up my new 2021 RTL and agree the pedal is high. The folks that designed the one for the 2019 and older is now working on one for me and others that have a similar request....
.......the guys at refined cycle made a nice product for me and I bet the new one will be great too. .....

Still hoping to get more info from the member in post #44 as to a custom brake pedal.

........ :dontknow:

You might want to try sending bill4029 a PM Pooch, just to see if there's been any progress at Refined Cycle?! :thumbup:

:cheers:

MONK
03-31-2021, 07:25 PM
I have had Utopia on my last 3 bikes/trike. I decided to try the cheaper Show Chrome backrest. It comes 3" forward and 1" up. It's o--k-a-a-ay.... except the back pad itself could be wider. At least it is useable for now and I absolutely HAVE to have a backrest.

Dude. Like, you're almost quoting me from about (6) months ago. I said pretty much the EXACT same thing. I've had (3) Utopia backrests on the last (3) bikes/trikes. Since I couldn't get a Utopia for a while, I too bought one of the Show Chrome backrests. I too HAVE to have a backrest. As soon as I got the Utopia, I sold the almost new Show Chrome rack to another forum member.