PDA

View Full Version : OK...I get it!

swamptrucker
08-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for all the feedback...I have to agree, I've been driving for 31 years and have owned tons of vehicles and they pretty much all had issues, sooner or later and some more than others. I have liked the concept of the Spyder since the first time I saw and read about it in a trucker magazine a few months before it hit the market. I am going to get one, and I will learn as I go as far as gen. maintenance or related issues. I don't get hometime often, but when I do I usually take it in Juno Beach FL. There is a dealer in West Palm Beach, Broward Motorsports of Palm Beach, is anyone out there familiar with them? I would appreciate any feedback I can get, and thanks again for all the feedback on my previous post...I pretty much expected to get razzed by some of you, and deservedly so!

ataDude
08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the feedback...I have to agree, I've been driving for 31 years and have owned tons of vehicles and they pretty much all had issues, sooner or later and some more than others. I have liked the concept of the Spyder since the first time I saw and read about it in a trucker magazine a few months before it hit the market. I am going to get one, and I will learn as I go as far as gen. maintenance or related issues. I don't get hometime often, but when I do I usually take it in Juno Beach FL. There is a dealer in West Palm Beach, Broward Motorsports of Palm Beach, is anyone out there familiar with them? I would appreciate any feedback I can get, and thanks again for all the feedback on my previous post...I pretty much expected to get razzed by some of you, and deservedly so!

:thumbup: I didn't razz you... just the real troll in that thread - chrissy, the non-Spyder-owner whiner/troll.

I've had my Spyder for 1.5 years with only one problem... that I fixed myself for $90... the Gear Position Sensor. It might have been fixed under warranty but I declined to leave the roadster there for a day or so.

Take a test ride or three... buy it... but be prepared to give it several hundred miles for you to get comfortable with it.

And... read the "My Mods" forum for all kinds of neat add-ons.

3wheeldemon
08-28-2009, 06:34 PM
...I pretty much expected to get razzed by some of you, and deservedly so!

:chill: Don't worry, when you buy your Spyder all our meaness:doorag: will become love! ...well, not quite but we are a nice bunch:yes::ohyea:

3WD

dave01
08-28-2009, 06:48 PM
And get ready to answer a ton of questions everytime you park somewhere. But thats the fun of it.. LOL

Then there's the mods.....that never end.

And the silly smile you will ave each time you take your helmet off

Some Guy
08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
And... read the "My Mods" forum for all kinds of neat add-ons.

welcome but don't read his "My Mods" forum or you'll end up installing 67 differents exhausts!!! :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Seriously...it's a GREAT ryde! :thumbup:

Pilo
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM

I bought my SE5 from Browards and, except for a few unanswered phone queries that I had before I decided to buy from them, they did quite good and got a good deal. :thumbup:

Ask for Glenn Hernandez and tell him that the guy in Venezuela sent you, and of course give him my regards. :firstplace:

Saludos from an Argentinean in Venezuela.

ataDude
08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
welcome but don't read his "My Mods" forum or you'll end up installing 67 differents exhausts!!! :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Hey, now... it was only nine or ten (wasn't it?). :D

bjt
08-29-2009, 06:43 AM

:roflblack: :roflblack:

Tom in NM
08-29-2009, 03:00 PM

. . . . . your original post had a good question. Nobody likes a motorcycle that is not ready to ride when you are - especially if your ride time is limited. Mine is always ready to go - except when I am tinkering on it ( Atadude piddles on his ).

My impression is that there have been around 5 riders that were having chronic issues. Some of those cases go back some time and the fixes may now be slam dunks. When I bought, the SE5s seemed to be having problems and many on the forum were advising against them. I am real good about taking advice and so I bought an SE5, I have no regrets and I don't see much difference in model specific problems anymore.

There are some issues that some current riders are experiencing surrounding The Update, but when you get your Spyder, it will already be updated and checked out by the dealership (which is why a good dealership is a very good thing).

Sounds like you have the experience and background to make a Spyder work for you - my only recommendation is to take as many test rides as you can. The Spyder is a VERY DIFFERENT ride and some people with lots of motorcycle experience do not enjoy it or miss the two wheel experience. Sleepman's response in your first thread ( http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=136670&postcount=46 ) was a perfect example of this.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Tom

SpyderDog65
08-29-2009, 06:21 PM

If u want a good one do what i did buy one that was built on a tues wed or a thursday and u will almost never go wrong Ive heard of so many people having probs with the SE5 i have a 08 SE5 I bought mine on 10-18-08 and its been in the shop for service issues that caused it to stop running only one time and i attribute that to it being built on a thursday I swear that philosophy works for me everytime. I hope u get a good one and have no probs with it as well :) ...........Michael

Red 08 SE5 1inch BRP Riser, 6 Spoke BRP Rims, Stage 1 Kit,(Venom Exhaust,Evoluzion Racing Air Filter,2-Brothers Juiceobox),F-1 Queen Windshield w/Slider, NMN HiD Headlights,NMN LED Extra Brakelight,NMN Mudflap LED's, NMN LED TurnSignals,NMN LED Brakelight Conversions,NMN Triplplays Taillights LED Rear Turn Signals,NMN Fender Tips,Kewlmetal Higwaybar w/ Kury ISO Footpegs,Kewlmetal Spyderweb Radiator Intake Side Insert,Kewlmetal 2inch Mirror Extensions,Kury ISO Handgrips,Evoluzion Performance Sway Bar,Corbin Seat Black Leather with tomato red welting, w/Rider Backrest,Soundstream 320watt amp with I-POD Hookup. High Performance Capaciter w/digital amp meter.8inch Image Dynamics Subwoofer,4.5inch Polk Audio Round Speakers,X2 two mounted on side panels and two mounted on sides of dash Custom Fabricated. Iam the Big Dog Custom made Trunk Wrap,Trottleclamp Cruise Control

ataDude
08-29-2009, 09:02 PM
...Mine is always ready to go - except when I am tinkering on it ( Atadude piddles on his )...

Hey, what is this? A pick-on-ataDude-thread? :D