PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Service In Phoenix

ragnar
08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
I am considering a Spyder and would like to know if there are good service dealers in the Phoenix, AZ market. Anyone can sell a bike, but it is the service after the sale that makes a purchase a positive one. Thanks for your help.

FANG
08-28-2009, 02:15 PM
welcome hope you get some good feedback because it is an awesome ryde.

fastfraser
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
welcome Make sure your dealer has a good service dept.

Dukester
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
If you find a dealer ask them if they are a Platinum certified dealer. If they are you are good to go.welcome

TJKBear
08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't go to any of the Ride Now places!! :lecturef_smilie: They are a frikkin joke. They are expensive and they regularly screw things up.
I bought my wife's spyder at Desert Dog in Fountain Hills. :2thumbs:
They are like a little family. they're all wonderful honest people. Jay is the mechanic over there, good guy.
What part of Phoenix are you in? I'm in Glendale. We should hook up some time :clap:

ataDude
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I am considering a Spyder and would like to know if there are good service dealers in the Phoenix, AZ market. Anyone can sell a bike, but it is the service after the sale that makes a purchase a positive one. Thanks for your help.

ragnar from the Valkyrie site?

NautiBrit
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Don't go to any of the Ride Now places!! :lecturef_smilie: They are a frikkin joke. They are expensive and they regularly screw things up.
I bought my wife's spyder at Desert Dog in Fountain Hills. :2thumbs:
They are like a little family. they're all wonderful honest people. Jay is the mechanic over there, good guy.
What part of Phoenix are you in? I'm in Glendale. We should hook up some time :clap:

I have to agree. I've used the Ride Now in Surprise for an oil change and had to argue with them to lower the price to a level that my credit card could handle. I did use them for the update and haven't had any driveability problems, but have noticed a marked upgrade in steering. BTW, I bought mine in Lake Havasu, and had it serviced there too. It's a long ride, but enjoyable on the back roads.

ragnar
08-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Thank you for the information on Phoenix service dealers. I have owned many bikes (currently 3), but have never dealt with this franchise, so it sounds like that is a good thing. I live in Scottsdale, so the service center in Fountain Hills is the closest. No, I am not the Valkyrie ragnar, but the ragnar none-the-less.

I have not actually purchased the Spyder yet. Doing the research before plunking down the cash. Up to this point, I knew very little about the brand, except for what I am reading here, and I must say there are some concerns with all the problems owners are talking about. Don't get me wrong, I am a early adopter with buy in's of a 1999 and 2002 Indian Chief (talk about problems!) and purchased the first Piaggio MP3 (three wheel scooter, with two wheels up front - have not had first warranty claim with this vehicle and I have put 5,500 miles on it). So after reading about Spyder problems, I am thinking is this a brand from hell like the Indian or the sweetness of the Piaggio? You only have to have an experience of a really bad vehicle to not want to go thru that experience again.

Anyway, I am still on the fence, and I guess the only way to find out is to purchase and hope I get a "Piaggio experience" and not an "Indian Chief experience" with the Spyder purchase. One final comment, two years ago I purchase a 2003 Indian Scout and have not had one problem with it. Still have it and probably will never sell it as it give me the "feel" of the kind of ride I am looking for when I am on it. So, it seems to boil down to the luck of the draw.

Again, thanks for your input.

TJKBear
08-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Ride Now wanted $22000.00+ out the door with all of their little fees and stuff, I got ours for $17200.00 OTD at Desert Dog. (disclaimer: prices may have increased since our purchase, but they'll give you the best price)
Go in and talk to them, tell them Debbie and Terry sent ya.

Dudley
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
I dealt with Ride Now in Tucson for a couple of bikes before the Spyder. Got a good deal on the bikes, but never went back after the breakin service. Yes, they are expensive and I saw a mechanic perform a breakin on a RoadStar...took all of about 20 minutes! He changed the oil, parked it, and that was it. Almost $200...he never did any of the checks he was supposed to do. And $22K OTD for a Spyder is outrageous! I got one in San Diego, Fun Bike Center for about $4000 less OTD and it was an SE5, new 2008!

Tom in NM
08-29-2009, 03:19 PM
. . . . I got mine from Lake Havasu in March of this year. Excellent price ( I offered and they considered and accepted) and no screwing around and surprises. The most helpful dealership ( for any vehicle I have dealt with ).

As far as service, 560 miles is a little to far to go. But, after having the Spyder apart, their assembly work looks to be A+ and on the one call I made to them with a technical question, I got an instant and accurate answer.

As for OTD prices, right now that all depends on what you get with the new models being premiered 9/1. Shopping around and doing your homework usually pays off.

Tom