PDA

View Full Version : Dress up kit for Spyder

spyderdawg
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I am in the process of adding the dress up kit from No Magic Neon to my Spyder. To say the least I am disappointed in the kit. The cost is $139.95. The covers are plastic and must be stuck on with glue (included). The covers do not fit snug. Glue breaks down over time, especially with water and heat exposure. I wonder how long these will last?? Anyone else have this kit?? What are your thoughts??

SSR
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I am in the process of adding the dress up kit from No Magic Neon to my Spyder. To say the least I am disappointed in the kit. The cost is $139.95. The covers are plastic and must be stuck on with glue (included). The covers do not fit snug. Glue breaks down over time, especially with water and heat exposure. I wonder how long these will last?? Anyone else have this kit?? What are your thoughts??

:agree: I too was very diappointed. I got them a while back but didn't want to vent but since someone asked...

I didn't even bother to put them on $139.95 down the drain!:mad:

Note: this is the only product that i've brought from them that i'm not pleased with

kaiser
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't know what the dress up kit is I haven't looked....but everyone that has the lights ESI makes seems to like them, and I am getting that stuff someday for sure! Mudflaps first!

dltang
08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I have the dress up kit and have had for a number of months now. I rode all the way to LA and back with them and through rain and heat and everything. They are all still in place. No glue break down or anything. I don't keep them as clean as I probably should to show them off but I have not had any issue with them.

Smylinacha
08-28-2009, 07:50 PM
What is a dress up kit?:dontknow::popcorn:

Speedin
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Must be this...

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spyderdressupkit.html

Smylinacha
08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Must be this...

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spyderdressupkit.html

I don't have the "kit" but I have the axle covers and there was no glue and they look good and aren't falling off or anything

dltang
08-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Here is the thread and video from when I put the dress up kit on my spyder.
NMN Dress up kit for spyder (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11068&highlight=front+dress)

Magic Man
08-28-2009, 08:34 PM
OK to all "the arm chair quarterbacks" out there who think they know what an item should cost..... :lecturef_smilie:

The items contained in our "DRESS UP KIT" are made for us by Hot Toppers and are being sold only at the Hot Toppers suggested retail price for these parts. No different than if you went on their site to order them one at a time, or down to you local Harley Dealer to purchase them there.

If any of you know Hot Toppers (who are the leading company for this type of cover) it is Hot Toppers who recommends using ether silicone or glue in all their metric applications such as V-Rods. The Spyder too is metric.

Now, we took the time to find out just what covers are needed to fit all the front end bolts on the Spyder, and to also write the instructions as to just what cover goes where. We then put it all together in a kit. We did this for the same MSPR of what just the covers alone would cost from your local HD dealer or Hot Toppers direct.

So, you can go down to your local HD shop 10 times and try to finally buy all the covers you need for all the spots on your front end, or just buy the NMN Dress Up Kit and get them all at one time along with the glue and directions, the choice is yours.

However, unless you get some kind of a "sweetheart deal" at your local HD shop, you'll end up spending the same $139.95 for all the Hot Toppers in this kit by the time your done ether way. (But you still won't have the 2 needed for the lower rear shock bolts, as we got them special for the Spyder and include them in our kit)

If this is a case of not knowing about this kind of cover like most of the HD world already does, than I can see how you might not understand that "a bunch of plastic" could be so much. But, those of you who have been around HDs and Hot Toppers before know they indeed make a great product, but it is somewhat costly.

If it would make any of you feel better, you can buy these Hot Toppers in a variety of places and they will be the same quality product no matter where you get them.

The only thing you'll be lacking is the glue, directions and the product item list you need to get. But be forwarned, they'll still cost you the same $139.95 by the time you get them all bought, and you'll still not have those lower rear shock bolt covers ether.

So, if you do not feel the MSRP for the Hot Topper products is right, all I can sugggest is....

You ether not purchase their products (in whatever form, from us, them or whomever) Or, you do like the rest of us HD guys have done for years.... You gripe as you buy your next set of Hot Toppers but still end up getting them anyway.

Because truth be told, Hot Topppers are really one of, if not the the only game in town for this kind of item made especially for bikes.

MM

Roaddog2
08-28-2009, 09:21 PM
OK to all "the arm chair quarterbacks" out there who think they know what an item should cost..... :lecturef_smilie:

The items contained in our "DRESS UP KIT" are made for us by Hot Toppers and are being sold only at the Hot Toppers suggested retail price for these parts. No different than if you went on their site to order them one at a time, or down to you local Harley Dealer to purchase them there.

If any of you know Hot Toppers (who are the leading company for this type of cover) it is Hot Toppers who recommends using ether silicone or glue in all their metric applications such as V-Rods. The Spyder too is metric.

Now, we took the time to find out just what covers are needed to fit all the front end bolts on the Spyder, and to also write the instructions as to just what cover goes where. We then put it all together in a kit. We did this for the same MSPR of what just the covers alone would cost from your local HD dealer or Hot Toppers direct.

So, you can go down to your local HD shop 10 times and try to finally buy all the covers you need for all the spots on your front end, or just buy the NMN Dress Up Kit and get them all at one time along with the glue and directions, the choice is yours.

However, unless you get some kind of a "sweetheart deal" at your local HD shop, you'll end up spending the same $139.95 for all the Hot Toppers in this kit by the time your done ether way. (But you still won't have the 2 needed for the lower rear shock bolts, as we got them special for the Spyder and include them in our kit)

If this is a case of not knowing about this kind of cover like most of the HD world already does, than I can see how you might not understand that "a bunch of plastic" could be so much. But, those of you who have been around HDs and Hot Toppers before know they indeed make a great product, but it is somewhat costly.

If it would make any of you feel better, you can buy these Hot Toppers in a variety of places and they will be the same quality product no matter where you get them.

The only thing you'll be lacking is the glue, directions and the product item list you need to get. But be forwarned, they'll still cost you the same $139.95 by the time you get them all bought, and you'll still not have those lower rear shock bolt covers ether.

So, if you do not feel the MSRP for the Hot Topper products is right, all I can sugggest is....

You ether not purchase their products (in whatever form, from us, them or whomever) Or, you do like the rest of us HD guys have done for years.... You gripe as you buy your next set of Hot Toppers but still end up getting them anyway.

Because truth be told, Hot Topppers are really one of, if not the the only game in town for this kind of item made especially for bikes.

MM:agree:Though I have not purchased them for my :spyder::ani29:
I have purchased several of these kits for my Harleys and thats what I always paid :doorag:

Lamonster
08-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Had these on all my bikes and they all cost the same, too much, but still cheaper than chroming nuts and bolts. nojoke

http://www.hottoppers.com/home.asp

tatt2r
08-29-2009, 09:51 AM
just wish they would come in black ....:D

vt228
08-29-2009, 11:13 AM
:agree: I too was very diappointed. I got them a while back but didn't want to vent but since someone asked...

I didn't even bother to put them on $139.95 down the drain!:mad:

Note: this is the only product that i've brought from them that i'm not pleased with
have them on all nuts on my bike looks great and havent lost a one and glow lights on rims fender lights put them on and you well love the way they make your baby looks glue still holding strong thank you NMN for a good prodic ,,,,,,,:clap::clap: