PDA

View Full Version : What is the Ryker Front Wheel hub bore size?

4running
01-11-2021, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know what the hub bore size is for the Ryker front wheels?

Tslepebull
01-12-2021, 11:59 AM
I just went out to the garage and measured the exterior of the hub on mine; it is 1.75 inch. The bore size (for the wheel) should be slightly greater. The inside bore of the hub appears to be 1.5 inch.

RayBJ
01-12-2021, 12:17 PM
Assuming you need that info for wheel balancing cones, Marc Parnes sells these on their "Spare Parts" page: http://www.marcparnes.com/Motorcycle_Wheel_Balancer_Components.htm

COMBI Cone set for single-sided rear wheels on all Ducatis, 2010 and older Triumphs, MV Augusta, VFR as well as Spyder front wheels bored for a 1/2" shaft.

Still needs the shaft & bearings to complete the kit.

Possible
01-12-2021, 12:54 PM
Nice to know that my VFR cones will work for the Spyder wheels. I'm thinking I'll need a longer shaft for the rear wheel though.
Need to do some measuring.

RayBJ
01-12-2021, 03:50 PM
Yes. get the long shaft. The standard length is too short.

4running
01-13-2021, 08:40 AM
I just went out to the garage and measured the exterior of the hub on mine; it is 1.75 inch. The bore size (for the wheel) should be slightly greater. The inside bore of the hub appears to be 1.5 inch.

Thanks! And yes I am trying yo balance them. But the page that is provided appears to be for a hand spin type balancer set up. I will be using an electronic spin balancer.