PDA

View Full Version : T 4/5 para just bought se5 09--help/advice

canchess
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi, Kim here. Live on capecod ma. i get it next week. All help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a high level injury with no sensation or mobility from chest down. I have been riding a suzuki king quad for 14 years on the road for quite a while. tops out and 50 and cant go on highways. so , here i am in need of some serious advisement. I went alone to look at it and poppedright on out of my chair, so i bought it and will make it happen with some help. where theres a will theres a way. Thank you everyone, rock on! Hope to hear man;y responses--so sick of sitting around with nothing to look forward to and isolated.
Kim:chat::2excited:
508 815 7251 please feel free to contact me or let me contact you. its easier than typing with a sore back! funny how it wont be sore when i get out riding huh?!

RoHo
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
:clap:Hi Kim and welcome ,
Glad to hear you made the decision. Was I right about the transfer?? If I can be of any more help, let me know. Call anytime 479-444-8560.
Roho (Monte)
:2thumbs:

RoadHammer
08-28-2009, 12:22 PM
congrats on your purchase,:thumbup: your going to love the path you have chosen. We'll all help you out around here for sure.

:ohyea::congrats::popcorn::thumbup:

wolfshead1
08-28-2009, 12:55 PM
:2thumbs: It's obvious your going to be the Queen of Spyders.

Welcome and stay!

M2Wild
08-28-2009, 03:11 PM
If you can do 50 on a quad, you can ride a Spyder.:2thumbs:

welcome

obiwanbill
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi, Kim here. Live on capecod ma. i get it next week. All help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a high level injury with no sensation or mobility from chest down. I have been riding a suzuki king quad for 14 years on the road for quite a while. tops out and 50 and cant go on highways. so , here i am in need of some serious advisement. I went alone to look at it and poppedright on out of my chair, so i bought it and will make it happen with some help. where theres a will theres a way. Thank you everyone, rock on! Hope to hear man;y responses--so sick of sitting around with nothing to look forward to and isolated.
508 815 7251 please feel free to contact me or let me contact you. its easier than typing with a sore back! funny how it wont be sore when i get out riding huh?!
Lost right leg due to MRSA infection 2 years ago. Got An SE5 in May. Had Jimmy Mels MelsMonsterGarage.com put a wheelchair holder (tilt & tote) on one of his beefed up trailer hitches. Put an Ebay tail trunk with a CD/Radio in it on a tail rack from Kewlmetal. Took a Yamaha clutch handle and clutch cable and bolted it under the foot brake to install a hand brake (didn't have the $$ or experiance to hook up a hydralic hand brake). Then I was good to go. look at my profile card for a list of goodies. Happy Trailes!!

SethO
08-30-2009, 11:44 PM

get a handbrake setup, floorboards and a wheelchair bracket of you choosing, I have mine on teh back of the seat(search for wheelchair mounts on here) I have a rigid frame quickie GT, have about 13,000 miles on the wood mount I am making one out aluminum right now.

You can run a quad that fast you can run spyder double. Question do you have no feeling below you T5? I have a T8 with no return right now and I drive my spyder every day in the triples. Depending on how you ride you should be able to find all the answers on here, I should start a thread to see how everyone on here that is smashed up IS smashed up so we can put our heads together on the best way to get most of the spyder for the type of riding you do. call me any afternoon time 218-556-
3994, I work nights afternoons is the best time to call.

racketdave
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM
just finishied prototype wheelchair carrier and footrest ,rack patent pending and ready to go ,still finishing web site ,will finish site after gatlinburg tn can-am get together .thanks david biseli info email or call 727- 642-8536 ck racketdave on spyder lovers.com

Star Cruiser
09-15-2009, 12:10 AM
The Spyder handles well. Power assist steering will serve you well. I am pretty sure that your arms are strong if you are wheeling around in a chair. I was in a wheelchair for a few years after I lost my left leg in a bike accident. Finally got strong enough for a prosthetic (C-Leg). Now that I am mobile I have a hard time NOT riding. 25,000km since May. You will be smiling like you can't wipe it off. I ope to see you at a rally or two. Leaving for Spyders in the Smokeys on Sunday, arriving Monday night from Toronto, Ontario. My only mod is extending the parking break so I can get to it with my prosthetic foot. I think the brake relocation to the left hand will be the major mod for you. know a few who have done it and it works well. I don't know the exact cost, but I don't think it was too expensive. There are some posts on this forum about the relocation.

racketdave
09-16-2009, 11:37 PM
i sell mods just patent wheelchair carrier will be in gatlinburg ck my pics racketdav ,david biseli feel free to call 7276428536

Roaddog2
09-17-2009, 08:11 PM
welcome:congrats:

SethO
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I got your message, been out of town racing in the salt flats, will call you tomorrow if you have more questions.

sealfloorboards
06-18-2011, 11:21 AM
God bless you and all the other enabled :spyder2:riders. I sometimes feel awkward pulling into the Disabled parking slots (I've had a permit since '81). All I do is stagger when I walk and have to check my balance. You guys are all my heros!!!

John