PDA

View Full Version : Finally !!!

FANG
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Well it has taken over a year but tonight is the night -- CaptJohn and myself are intalling a few mods on my :f_spider:.

Current MODS:
BRP 1" Riser
LED Accent Lighting
NMN Green Air Filter

MODS installing tonight:

NMN 3" Black Anodized Risers
ISO Grips
Throttlemeiser

Kewlmetal mirror extension
Kewlmetal Higway Peg Bracket with Kury Widow Pegs

Have a ryde scheduled for tomorrow 200 + round trip so I will get to test it all out in a big way.

I am so excited!!! :ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes::yes:

retread
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
It's going to feel like a different bike. I did pretty much the same to mine, and had to relearn some things in the way it handles.

john

sabunim5
08-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Can't wait to see it tomorrow. :ohyea:

FANG
08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
:2thumbs: :firstplace:Many thanks to CaptJohn - he was such a great help in helping me install my MODs on Friday night.
We started about 7:00 PM and finished at 2:00AM Saturday morning.

3" NMN Black Annodized Risers
ISO Grips
Throttlemeister
Kewlmetal highway peg bracket
Kury Widow Pegs
Mirror extensions

Rode the :spyder2: about 45 miles back to Pensacola arriving at home at 2:45 AM. Retread - you were right I had a totally different ryde. A real learning experience. but all for the better.

The difference and ease of the handling was awesome. Learning to use the Throttlemeister took a little time. But the steering was so much more responsive and easier on the shoulders. I had to learn to relax even more than ever.

The highway pegs are great and a real relief to my knees (arthritis bad in both). Enjoyed being able to move my feet and legs into a different position.

Mirror extensions were a must with the risers but I am still tweaking the position. But great stability to the mirrors and great visiblity.

I think I will ultimately need to change my seat because of the different sitting position created by the risers. Will wait until my wife can check out the seats available to decide.

Magic Man the risers are awesome and the customer service fantastic. Thank you so much I will be back for more Spyder accessories in the near future.

Kewlmetal thank you for you highway peg mounts and mirror extensions - very well engineered and your customer service was awesome also.

took a 200 mile riide on Saturday and was so pleased with my NEW Spyder Ryde that I am ready to go again.

Remmos
08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds like complete install success:clap: now time to update your "my mods" :2thumbs:

bjt
08-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Congrats on getting all those things done to make your ride more comfortable. :thumbup:

Bersquack
08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
:congrats:

BumbleBee
08-31-2009, 07:43 AM
:congrats: on all your mods.

Just had the 4' risers and mirror extenders put on Friday. Mirror extenders is a must with the 4" risers, my opinion. I too am still tweaking the position of my mirrors. Now I am tweaking my throttle boss. Sure makes a big difference in ryding. :thumbup:

Capt John
08-31-2009, 08:32 AM
We had a great time doing Bill's mods....not too many cuss words said :roflblack:
What's next Bill........possible JB or sway bar?

FANG
08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Probably the sway bar first and a JB is definitely in my future; will then have to do my best to keep NMN in business :D.

Oh what a happy day to add MODS to your :spyder2: :clap: :clap::ohyea:

FANG
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Since my last visit to this thread when I talked about some of the other things I wanted to do to FANG many months and even years have passed. Everytime I thought I had freed up the money to start my additions it seemed that something happened that would not allow me to follow through. My dreams are finally coming to fruition after my better half gave me a nice sum of money for Christmas with the admonition - outfit your spyder.

So I pulled out my trusty wish list and began figuring how I could get the most for my money -

This is what I came up with:

Can-Am Saddlebags decided to go with Black Color match panels (despite having a Silver Moon Spyder) because I have added an orange pinstriping to the black on FANG and I thought that if I pinstriped the black bags it would look good. These will also have the Bag lights which will be connected to the a Triple Play.

Yes, I finally ordered a Triple Play and with the previous additions to my tail and tag lights I should have a good light display in the rear. Previous additions where a LED bar from Custom Dynamics and after loosing my tag light reflector for the second time I replaced it with a LED Cat's Eye tail, tag and brake light.

To help FANG handle better I am installing a new Sway Bar, RT Shocks.

Front lighting being added - Angel Eyes and Tricled - fender lights white/red. Amber fender tip lights from ESI. GloRyders - white.

A Mad Stad Windshield and Baker Air Wings.

I had previously add a Corbin Seat but had never purchased a backrest -well I have one now.

To help with temporary small storage and quick access items I have a Nelson-Rigg tank bag.

I feel like I am forgeting something or maybe it is just a new wishlist being compiled!!! ;)

P.S. I told I was forgeting something I also have the ESI Mudflap lights.

ARtraveler
02-02-2012, 02:09 PM
How about some pictures? Nice mod lists. :2thumbs:

Capt John
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Bill,

I was just going to text you and see how you and Erags were doing on the mods to Fang. Kathy and I are looking forward to a good ryde with everyone when I get off the boat. Can't wait to see Fang.:popcorn: Congrats on all the mods!:clap::yes: I know it's been a long wait. Take care brother man. Hope to you all you soon.

Randy

FANG
02-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks Randy -- looking forward to seeing you guys again too. It has been too long. Got to get out and ryde more. Ed has really got things going with the electronics and lighting. Man he is a real whiz at it. I am definitely going to owe him and Cheryl a dinner after this. In fact he is wiring the lighting in the bags today. I have been helping but you know me 2 left hands and all thumbs.

Let me know when you are coming in - we have got to get together this time.

Bill

FANG
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
How about some pictures? Nice mod lists. :2thumbs:

Will get some posted up as soon as we finish up!!