STRANGE
I have been custom building motorcycle seats since 1967
and lost count years ago on installing a gas door in the
various Can Am Spyder seats.
For some reason I get about2 maybe 3 emails or private
messages from here a week asking about the gas door, so I respond ASAP
with the standard CALL ME and I give my phone number and remind them
of the time zone and hours they can call. NOTE this is a FREE modification
will cost no money, you do it yourself and it takes almost no time to do.
Out of say 10 folks who send emails asking for this info I get maybe 2 or 3 who
call me. STRANGE, I don't understand why some one would go to the trouble and time
to send me an email and then not respond or call.....
I have posted pictures here many times and will again if asked.
If you want a gas door in your seat CALL ME 209-887-3283
Ride Safe everyone
Dave

ARtraveler
01-05-2021, 09:16 AM
There is a lot of that going around. :thumbup:

RayBJ
01-05-2021, 09:58 AM
Considering the demographics of Spyder ryders, could it be dementia? :dontknow: :yikes:

Possible
01-05-2021, 10:10 AM
If there are many people like me, it could be an aversion to talking to a salesman, rather than emailing a salesman. With email, all I have
to do is hit "Delete", talking to someone requires the ability to disengage from a conversation without being rude, which can be very difficult
with many salesmen.

Generally if someone is advertising on social media, they can sell through social media, and having to call someone to get more information
sets off the "SCAM" alert sometimes. This is JMO of course.

Motorcycledave
01-05-2021, 11:14 AM
If there are many people like me, it could be an aversion to talking to a salesman, rather than emailing a salesman. With email, all I have
to do is hit "Delete", talking to someone requires the ability to disengage from a conversation without being rude, which can be very difficult
with many salesmen.

Generally if someone is advertising on social media, they can sell through social media, and having to call someone to get more information

I do see what you mean in some respects however it would take a very long email to discribe how to do a gas doorwhen I could give the information in about 1 min. or less by phone, also I am not selling anything. just giving free information

Arion
01-05-2021, 11:15 AM
with many salesmen.

That may be true with some "social forums" (FaceBook for example) but certainly not with Motorcycle Dave. It would be difficult to find a more helpful and generally really nice human being.

Possible
01-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Good heavens, I wasn't suggesting that Dave was a scammer, simply espousing an opinion why people would rather use email, or IM
rather than using a telephone and talking to someone.

Arion
01-05-2021, 11:22 AM
Good heavens, I wasn't suggesting that Dave was a scammer, simply espousing an opinion why people would rather use email, or IM
rather than using a telephone and talking to someone.

Wow, sorry. I didn't mean to slam you, I was just expressing my experiences with Dave. Mea culpa!

RayBJ
01-05-2021, 11:32 AM
After spending my last 10 years of employment on conference calls most of every week before retiring, I avoid the phone whenever I can. Also, at 74, remembering the details of a phone call can be a challenge. Put it in writing and I have a fair chance in getting it right!

ARtraveler
01-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Considering the demographics of Spyder ryders, could it be dementia? :dontknow: :yikes:

What's a Spyder??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Possible
01-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Not a problem. I figured Dave wasn't a scammer when I posted my opinion. If he was a scammer, I didn't figure he would last long on the forum.

EdMat
01-05-2021, 12:36 PM
That may be true with some "social forums" (FaceBook for example) but certainly not with Motorcycle Dave. It would be difficult to find a more helpful and generally really nice human being.

I second that! :2thumbs:

And he seems to be willing to talk on my schedule, as long or short an I need.

Steve W.
01-05-2021, 12:51 PM
What's a Spyder??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Hi, there. Have we met? Were we talking about something?

bigbadbrucie
01-05-2021, 01:27 PM
After spending my last 10 years of employment on conference calls most of every week before retiring, I avoid the phone whenever I can. Also, at 74, remembering the details of a phone call can be a challenge. Put it in writing and I have a fair chance in getting it right!

X2

Bruce

Motorcycledave
01-05-2021, 02:06 PM

While I have you on the phone I send you pictures to look at and describe what to do and how

Motorcycledave
01-05-2021, 02:07 PM
Not a problem. I figured Dave wasn't a scammer when I posted my opinion. If he was a scammer, I didn't figure he would last long on the forum.

I have been here almost from the start of the forum

MONK
01-05-2021, 02:47 PM
hi, there. Have we met? Were we talking about something?

you want to bet? What do you want to bet on? We were talking about bears or something like that. Hope you have a great trip on the space shuttle.