PDA

View Full Version : Need help/advice on changing Turn Signals on 2015 RT to LED?

olddad64
12-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Can the turn signal lights on a 2015 RT be changed or replaced to LED. I've got the housing off, got it taken apart down to the housing that holds bulbs. Didn't want to break anything to get to them by prying. but can't get to the bulbs. Any help is appreciated. If not possible I'll just put it back together. Thanks

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Can the turn signal lights on a 2015 RT be changed or replaced to LED. I've got the housing off, got it taken apart down to the housing that holds bulbs. Didn't want to break anything to get to them by prying. but can't get to the bulbs. Any help is appreciated. If not possible I'll just put it back together. Thanks
The bulbs are removed from the backside of the light assembly. No need to take the light unit apart. Remove the rear panel to get access to the back of the light housing. Once you get one out search the 'net for a replacement LED using the bulb number.

olddad64
12-11-2020, 09:29 PM
I got housing apart but couldn't see how to get to bulbs. The clear lens was stuck on and I can't get it apart. HELP

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-11-2020, 09:46 PM
I got housing apart but couldn't see how to get to bulbs. The clear lens was stuck on and I can't get it apart. HELP
What bulbs are you trying to get to? The turn signal bulbs are the only ones you can replace, and those you get from the back of the housing after you take the rear panel off. The brake and taillight bulbs are already LED. If they go bad you replace the entire tail/brake/turn signal light assembly. The light housing is not intended to be taken apart. If you insist on taking the light housing apart, you are on your own. None of us has ever done it.

The front turn signals are LED from factory and not intended to be taken apart either. You don't say which ones you're working on, the front ones or the rear?

Steve W.
12-12-2020, 01:06 AM
If you are working on the REAR, you have to disassemble about half of the Tupperware, then remove the three screws that hold the light assembly to the bike. Once the light is free, separate the connector so you have plenty of room to work.

To remove the turn signal bulb, turn the gray housing to the left (counter-clockwise) about 20°, you can lift the housing out. One thing to be careful of, YOU WILL NOT FIND THOSE BULBS AT AUTO ZONE. Or any of the other local stores. Since you will have to order them, you might want to have them on-hand before taking things apart. The bulb you are looking for is a 7507. It looks a lot like a regular 1156A, but the pins are offset 150°, instead of the usual 180°.