PDA

View Full Version : Juicebox Issues

DragonSpyder
08-26-2009, 04:31 AM
I am having problems getting the Spyder to run properly with the juicebox. The idle is not smooth, it backfires occasionally for no reason and will actually cutout from time to time when I let off after full throttle operation. I thought this was a bad juicebox so I sent it back to them and the new one does the same thing.

I have tried all the settings with no success in getting it to run better. When I replace the JB with o2 modifier and bump up the fuel pressure it idles nice and smooth (after the latest computer update) and seems to run much better. I'm starting to think it may be a problem with the o2 sensor. Anyone else have problems like this or possibly a bad 02 sensor?

Lamonster
08-26-2009, 06:36 AM
You didn't say but I'm guessing you have Ken's race air filter right? What does Ken say?

Firefly
08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
I am having problems getting the Spyder to run properly with the juicebox. The idle is not smooth, it backfires occasionally for no reason and will actually cutout from time to time when I let off after full throttle operation. I thought this was a bad juicebox so I sent it back to them and the new one does the same thing.

I have tried all the settings with no success in getting it to run better. When I replace the JB with o2 modifier and bump up the fuel pressure it idles nice and smooth (after the latest computer update) and seems to run much better. I'm starting to think it may be a problem with the o2 sensor. Anyone else have problems like this or possibly a bad 02 sensor?

Have you plugged your purge line?

I don't see the need for the JB if you already have the o2 mod and fuel pressure mod.

ptoemmes
08-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Have you plugged your purge line?

I don't see the need for the JB if you already have the o2 mod and fuel pressure mod.

Agreed...entering the realm of science experiment..could be fun and rewarding or frustrating.

Yup - call Ken.

Pete

DragonSpyder
08-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Given this problem only occurs with the JB installed I don't think Ken is going to help. He will most likely tell me to remove the JB. I know others have the JB working with the race intake so I was hoping to get some feedback from them. I certainly do not want to start publishing the fact that the Spyder runs better with the fuel pressure modifier and O2 modifier if others have had a different experience.