PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Cheeseologist
12-04-2020, 11:02 PM
Bought a new 2019 Spyder RT and through studying this forum I have been able to change oil and mount a new rear tire . Had no problems because of all the good info. Sway Bar next

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-05-2020, 12:03 AM
Bought a new 2019 Spyder RT and through studying this forum I have been able to change oil and mount a new rear tire . Had no problems because of all the good info. Sway Bar next

:welcome: ... and I compliment you on DIY'ing it ...... Mike :thumbup:

RICZ
12-05-2020, 12:19 AM
WAY TO GO CHEEZY!!! Same here...this forum has taught me so much about my Spyder that I do all my own maintenance and then some. Great people here.

Little Blue
12-05-2020, 03:34 AM
:coffee: Just curious about changing your rear tire. How long did it take you? Did you do everything? Did you have a tire shop help? .....:thumbup:

ThreeWheels
12-05-2020, 05:28 AM
Congratulations and welcome.
Is your Spyder new ?
Or just new to you ?
A small caution on the sway bar upgrade.
It's such a popular and virtually essential upgrade, if you purchased a used Spyder, there's a good bet that the sway bar may already be upgraded.
Either way, Happy Farkelling !

Cheeseologist
12-05-2020, 07:51 AM
took the tire off and my local tire shop mounted a new Kumho and balanced it. probably took me 4 hours. I got nervous when I started it up with all the warning lights that came on for brake issues and ABS but they went out as soon as I started to ride. Hope I can get the Spyder up the 22" needed to install a sway bar. And yes bought it new in Sept 19 , got the end of season 3 grand off.

Saluda
12-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Congrats & welcome.

ARtraveler
12-05-2020, 11:04 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on going ahead with the DIY stuff. Not all of us are willing or able to do it. I envy those who can and do. :firstplace:

Peteoz
12-05-2020, 04:58 PM
Great post and great job, Cheeseologist. Rear wheel removal is a daunting first task, and you get a real feeling of self achievement when it all comes together at the end :thumbup:

Pete

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-05-2020, 07:24 PM
Rear wheel removal is a daunting first task,
Not as daunting as getting the d*** thing back on and the belt aligned. At least in my experience! :banghead:

Peteoz
12-06-2020, 04:54 PM
Not as daunting as getting the d*** thing back on and the belt aligned. At least in my experience! :banghead:

I didn’t find getting it back on to be as daunting due to the instructional videos and advice re taping the adjusters, Idaho. But yes, the reinstall was a bit daunting. I did get the shop to check alignment and tension at next service, and they said it was spot on.....WHAT A FLUKE :thumbup:

Pete

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-06-2020, 07:14 PM
I didn’t find getting it back on to be as daunting due to the instructional videos and advice re taping the adjusters, Idaho. But yes, the reinstall was a bit daunting. I did get the shop to check alignment and tension at next service, and they said it was spot on.....WHAT A FLUKE :thumbup:

Pete
The problem I had was the axle wanted to walk backwards when I tightened the nut - the direction opposite of what the adjusters prevent! Next time, based on a recent thread, I'll try torquing the axle bolt head rather than the nut. In contrast, the 2013 RT I had presented no such problem.

Peteoz
12-06-2020, 08:25 PM
The problem I had was the axle wanted to walk backwards when I tightened the nut - the direction opposite of what the adjusters prevent! Next time, based on a recent thread, I'll try torquing the axle bolt head rather than the nut. In contrast, the 2013 RT I had presented no such problem.

Ahhhhhh yes. I did torque the head rather than the bolt after reading a couple of comments on here, Idaho. (Good luck, not good management;))

Pete