PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of/comments on Lamonster Garage Handlebar Risers on RT 2020?

iditchmycar
12-03-2020, 09:46 AM
Looking for a pic or any comment of a owner of a RT 20/21 on this accessory. I feel my be a good upgrade to my riding position. Thanks!

ButterSmooth
12-03-2020, 10:07 AM
Looking for a pic or any comment of a owner of a RT 20/21 on this accessory. I feel my be a good upgrade to my riding position. Thanks!

I've used several things from Lamonster's and can attest to their quality. However, I'm a little skeptical about bar risers on the RT. I'm short (5'5"), so I've used bar-risers and set-backs on a few motorcycles, but on the RT a lot of force is put on the handlebars while mounting and dismounting.

I ended up with the FT3 handlebar (part number is 709402241, with a price of $105.99) which fit me perfectly.

MRH
12-03-2020, 11:25 AM
I have one, and like the brake extender(?) it feels completely factory. At 5'5" as well, I have the stock bars from the RT turned "down" as far as possible, but I do feel as though I am turning my wrists more than I would like to, although otherwise the position is just right. Being a relatively solid brick, I don't share ButterSmooth's concerns about the pressure of mounting and dismounting.

ButterSmooth
12-03-2020, 11:35 AM
I have one, and like the brake extender(?) it feels completely factory. At 5'5" as well, I have the stock bars from the RT turned "down" as far as possible, but I do feel as though I am turning my wrists more than I would like to, although otherwise the position is just right. Being a relatively solid brick, I don't share ButterSmooth's concerns about the pressure of mounting and dismounting.

This is actually a retraction of sorts...
The risers I had in mind were the Rox risers, which are completely different than Lamonster's. I don't think there are any worries with his. I also have his brake riser and it's a great addition to the RT. Maybe even a life saver...

KX5062
12-04-2020, 09:36 AM
I have the Lamonster riser on my 2020 and do recommend it. Very well made and looks completely stock. In fact, if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't even notice it.

I tried the Rox risers first and didn't really care for them. They just didn't look right and I did have concerns about the strength of the connection to the bike. I also to switch out to the recommended F3 bars. At the time there was conflicting part numbers floating around this forum and I got the tall bars, not the stock F3 bars which were out of stock. The F3 tall bars were unacceptable because of the weird angle it created. The Lamonster riser hit that Goldilocks zone for me.

Peteoz
12-04-2020, 03:49 PM
I've used several things from Lamonster's and can attest to their quality. However, I'm a little skeptical about bar risers on the RT. I'm short (5'5"), so I've used bar-risers and set-backs on a few motorcycles, but on the RT a lot of force is put on the handlebars while mounting and dismounting.

I ended up with the FT3 handlebar (part number is 709402241, with a price of $105.99) which fit me perfectly.

CanAm have released their own bar risers, similar to Lamont’s, but at a higher price, Butter. I doubt they would do that if there was any question of them not being strong enough to cover mounting and dismounting. ;)

Pete

MONK
12-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Pete---The BuRP risers are adjustable. Cool idea but I think they look kinda funny but I'm not a big riser fan in the 1st place. I'd much rather have taller bars than shorter bars and taller risers.

rick_w
12-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Lamont's risers are very high quality. They will take as much force as your handlebars are capable of.
We have sold a large amount of them and installed a set on our own F3 LTD.
They should work out well for most people, you don't even notice they are installed.
Below is a picture on our F3 and we also have a video that we did for these risers.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/HandlebarRiserSpyderF3RT.aspx
https://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/LG-1038-2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6LSbIyGDgz4

justsmile0808
12-04-2020, 08:45 PM
I tried Lamonster's riser when I first got my 2020 RT Limited. Like many others, I ended up going with the stock F3 bars. At just 5' 2" tall, changing out the bars were a better fit for me. As was Lamonster brake riser. See FOR SALE post - I'm selling the riser and the stock bars - I traded in the 2020 RT Limited for a 2020 F3 Limited.

Peteoz
12-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Pete---The BuRP risers are adjustable. Cool idea but I think they look kinda funny but I'm not a big riser fan in the 1st place. I'd much rather have taller bars than shorter bars and taller risers.

I’m with you, Monk, but I need TALL bars. I have the Billy Clubs, but they CAN look a little out of place. Most people think mine are apes, until they see me climb on and the bars are only rib cage high. I don’t really like the look, so I’m wondering if stock bars and the risers might look better :dontknow:

Pete

ButterSmooth
12-05-2020, 05:24 PM
CanAm have released their own bar risers, similar to Lamont’s, but at a higher price, Butter. I doubt they would do that if there was any question of them not being strong enough to cover mounting and dismounting. ;)

Pete

I'm just glad you're calling me Butter instead of BS like most folks do...

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-05-2020, 07:20 PM
How about changing your username to AppleSoft&Smooth? :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

ButterSmooth
12-05-2020, 07:38 PM
How about changing your username to AppleSoft&Smooth? :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:
Wow, I didn't think there was anyone on the forum that knew me personally...:shocked: :D

Peteoz
12-06-2020, 04:44 PM

Hahaha...... haven’t seen any of that BS yet, Butter..... can we expect to? ;) You are raising some valid concerns :thumbup:

Pete