PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Spyder RT-SE5 from GrandPot, MSF Class & LOVE the ride

KLRSPYDER
11-19-2020, 08:42 PM
Hi fellow Spyder Lovers!
I purchased a 2011 Spyder RT-SE5 from GrandPot out of SC.
GrandPot was fabulous in explaining all the features of the Spyder.
I have since taken an MSF Spyder Class, already had my M license, wanted formal training on the Spyder (it was a very informative class).
Have been riding since I bought the Spyder and enjoying immensely!
(Recently moved from Chicagoland to Northern Georgia to enjoy all the beautiful roads to ride. Have been visiting family bi-yearly to ride with them, now I can ride all the time...)
My sister bought one too, 2013 Spyder RT-SE5. We will be riding together.
They are so much FUN!!!

MONK
11-19-2020, 08:52 PM
:welcome::congrats::2thumbs::cheers:

Grandpot
11-19-2020, 09:34 PM
To all my Spyder friends, KLRSPYDER is a very nice lady. She's going to fit in well at SL.

Peter Aawen
11-19-2020, 09:38 PM
:welcome: . Welcome aboard, and Congrats :congrats: . to both you and your sister! Glad that you're finding them as much fun as most of the rest of us. :thumbup:

Now get out there and Enjoy; and in your down time from ryding (IF there's any of that) please tell us where your rydes are taking you, and maybe post some pics &/or vids up too! :ohyea:

:cheers:

Steve W.
11-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Jasper, eh? We have friends in Ellijay. Have been there a few times on rides, it a VERY nice place. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
11-20-2020, 11:18 AM
Hi fellow Spyder Lovers!
I have since taken an MSF Spyder Class, already had my M license, wanted formal training on the Spyder (it was a very informative class).
(Recently moved from Chicagoland to Northern Georgia to enjoy all the beautiful roads to ride. Have been visiting family bi-yearly to ride with them, now I can ride all the time...)
They are so much FUN!!!

:welcome: and :congrats: on the new Spyder. :2thumbs:

larryd
11-20-2020, 12:21 PM
To all my Spyder friends, KLRSPYDER is a very nice lady. She's going to fit in well at SL.

So Grandpot, What is replacing YOUR rehomed 2011 RT????

Grandpot
11-20-2020, 06:15 PM
So Grandpot, What is replacing YOUR rehomed 2011 RT????

Got a Mustang GT. Varooom! Also, still have my Valkyrie.
I originally got the Spyder for the wife, but she doesn't want to ride anymore.

CopperSpyder
11-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Awesome!! Welcome to the forum KLRSpyder. Live to Ride, Ride to Live. :2thumbs:

pegasus1300
11-20-2020, 11:49 PM
Welcome:welcome: KLRspyder to the insanity. I love the SE5. 186136 I hope you and your sister have many miles of smiles. Post early post often about you adventures and post pictures. BTW that flag led on your bike came from mine. It quit and Grandpot said he could fix it so I gave it to him.

d.o.spyder-rts
11-20-2020, 11:57 PM
:congrats: on your spyder and :welcome: to the spyder web. Dale

Jetfixer
11-03-2022, 06:36 PM
Hi fellow Spyder Lovers!
They are so much FUN!!!

Grandpot lives not far from me. Hope to see you ryding around! There is going to be a new rally in June 2023 in Hendersonville NC. Hope to see you there if not earlier.

Saluda
12-13-2022, 07:52 AM
Welcome and congrats.

BajaRon
12-13-2022, 08:52 AM
Congratulations! The SM5 & SE5 are excellent rides and underrated, in my opinion. If ridden as designed (keep the RPM's up). They have plenty of power and will scoot when needed. A lot less initial investment and very reliable, once a few modifications are made.

You should have a fantastic time! The road awaits!