PDA

View Full Version : Backrest stuck on RT 2020

iditchmycar
11-18-2020, 03:09 PM
Just bought a 2020 RT with 400 miles. Found a backrest on the front trunk. Has the Can Am logo. I pushed it all the way in and I heard a click. Problem now I can't get it off. Can't find a level or something to take it out. Can't find nothing in the manual. Any suggestion? I have try pulling out and wiggle it but it wont come out.

jredman
11-18-2020, 03:35 PM
Lift up the front seat. Look back and you will see a metal T type handle. Pull it and you can release it. Don't pull it all the way out. Kind of pain to get it back in. Then the backrest will come out. When you want to put it back. Push it back in and the slide the backrest back in.

ThreeWheels
11-18-2020, 03:59 PM
Just bought a 2020 RT with 400 miles. Found a backrest on the front trunk. Has the Can Am logo. I pushed it all the way in and I heard a click. Problem now I can't get it off. Can't find a level or something to take it out. Can't find nothing in the manual. Any suggestion? I have try pulling out and wiggle it but it wont come out.

Lift up the front seat. Look back and you will see a metal T type handle. Pull it and you can release it. Don't pull it all the way out. Kind of pain to get it back in. Then the backrest will come out. When you want to put it back. Push it back in and the slide the backrest back in.

I had the same problem getting my backrest out. The directiions given by jredman are correct, but I couldn't move the T handle by hand. I had to use a pair of pliers, just be careful.
Funny, I had a similar problem removing the trunk. I couldn't rotate the lock without using a tool.
Maybe these "easy' hand release mechanisms loosen up with time.
It reminds me of those "childproof" medicine bottle caps that are also adult proof.

jredman
11-18-2020, 05:47 PM
I had the same problem getting my backrest out. The directiions given by jredman are correct, but I couldn't move the T handle by hand. I had to use a pair of pliers, just be careful.
Funny, I had a similar problem removing the trunk. I couldn't rotate the lock without using a tool.
Maybe these "easy' hand release mechanisms loosen up with time.
It reminds me of those "childproof" medicine bottle caps that are also adult proof.

I also found that if really tighten the bolt on the plastic holster. You will have a very hard time pulling the pin. Don't over tighten and it comes out easily with your fingers.

MONK
11-18-2020, 06:01 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the rear panel on my 2021 RT base model. I read the instructions but something doesn't work. Lift up and pull out. Even with the pillion seat off, either I'm not lifting up enough or not pulling out hard enough (or maybe there's a hidden catch I don't see).

iditchmycar
11-19-2020, 01:09 AM
Got it!! The handle is hidden underneath. You can't see it with a flashlight. Put my hands and found it. Backrest came right up. Thanks to everyone!!