PDA

View Full Version : Tire monitoring System

gerald37
11-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Is there any one on here using a tire monitor system on their Spyder? I have used Doran for years on my motorcycles. The model that I have they have stopped making the sensors for. Does anyone know of a good brand to buy?

AdmiralS
11-11-2020, 07:34 AM
FOBO 2 works great. Integrates with BRP connect so you can see it on the Bike screen as well with your phone connected.

https://my-fobo.com/product-family/FOBO_BIKE_2_for_Trike

WilcoJunoHotel
11-11-2020, 08:16 AM
Integrates with BRP connect so you can see it on the Bike screen..

I didn't realize it would also pair with the bike - that is a great feature for those. Does it also tell you the tp before you ride the bike, either via your phone or the dash? That was one feature that I wished that my previous motorcycles had.

Spydermike
11-11-2020, 09:00 AM
I have FOBO as well and have been pretty pleased with them

MONK
11-11-2020, 09:11 AM
I didn't realize it would also pair with the bike - that is a great feature for those. Does it also tell you the tp before you ride the bike, either via your phone or the dash? That was one feature that I wished that my previous motorcycles had.

It pairs with 2018+ RTs and F3T/Ls. BuRP Connect is trash but allegedly, FOBO 2 now works in it. If you use BuRP Connect, you can't use your phone for anything else. I have the FOBO 2 and it works very well but I don't use BuRP Connect. FOBO 2 has a stand alone phone app. That's what I use. You can see the tire pressures and temps any time. The bike doesn't have to be running. Just checked my tire pressures from my office and my bike hasn't been running since Sunday.

SgtRay
11-11-2020, 05:43 PM
I have the FOBO But mine don't seem to go down far enough to hit the valve stem to read the pressure. So currently they don't work at all. Anybody have any suggestions that don't involve switching out the whole valve stem?

samewok
11-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Do not use the locks. Also on some year F3 the stems are to short

MONK
11-11-2020, 07:18 PM
They don't fit on Shamrock wheels although I'm not sure what the Shamrock wheels are or what models they came on.

SgtRay
11-11-2020, 11:28 PM
Do not use the locks. Also on some year F3 the stems are to short

Just my luck!

SgtRay
11-23-2020, 04:22 AM
I tried putting a piece of a toothpick in and it worked! But it was too long and wouldn't let the valve seat. So I switched to a piece of plastic zip tie. I seems to be working. I know when I check it when I get home wed night.

Wow the things I do to make things work!
186170 186171

SgtRay
11-27-2020, 03:45 PM
I tried putting a piece of a toothpick in and it worked! But it was too long and wouldn't let the valve seat. So I switched to a piece of plastic zip tie. I seems to be working. I know when I check it when I get home wed night.

Wow the things I do to make things work!
186170 186171

Nope didn't work. air leaked out... Well I did get a cool tire inflator out of it! Lol