PDA

View Full Version : 3 error codes

Catfish931
11-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Here is the background ..

I have a 2010 Spyder RT with 8700 miles . I’ve had a couple of small issues along the way . Due to an issue with the brake fluid reservoir leaking . It has sit for a couple of years . I ended up
Ordering a new part . Went through the tedious task of replacing it and changed the battery out . It started right up , brakes worked well so I decided to renew my insurance and update the tags . Within the first 30 minutes I get limp mode ... Here are the errors I get .. also please note that I can do basic things but I not a tech , I’m just your average Joe

C0044
U0122
C006C

I looked up the codes , hoping I can figure them out without having to take to
Tech , this weekend looks amazing for riding and it seems to be running well .

Thanks ,

Wendell

bikerchris1270
11-06-2020, 09:06 AM
Here is the background ..

I have a 2010 Spyder RT with 8700 miles . I’ve had a couple of small issues along the way . Due to an issue with the brake fluid reservoir leaking . It has sit for a couple of years . I ended up
Ordering a new part . Went through the tedious task of replacing it and changed the battery out . It started right up , brakes worked well so I decided to renew my insurance and update the tags . Within the first 30 minutes I get limp mode ... Here are the errors I get .. also please note that I can do basic things but I not a tech , I’m just your average Joe

C0044
U0122
C006C

I looked up the codes , hoping I can figure them out without having to take to
Tech , this weekend looks amazing for riding and it seems to be running well .

Thanks ,

Wendell

You mentioned it’s been sitting for awhile.....codes represent a communication error with ECM,VCM.
Was it sitting outdoors? Check for corrosion/poor connection at harness connectors.
Mice love chewing on wires.....

cafame
11-06-2020, 05:13 PM
I hope the attached images show up. I am not sure how to add images. But my manual shows the codes as a possible blown fuse or connection issue

CopperSpyder
11-06-2020, 05:54 PM
You might try removing the key from the bike place it in the house, now disconnect the battery and make sure the connections are clean, add star washers then retighten the connections to the battery. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Wait 30 minutes. Now put the key back in and try starting the Spyder and see if that fixed it. That will insure that the battery is charged and stays tight and buy removing the key a way from the bike for and long period of time will reset the computer. Sometime that help; worth a try.