PDA

View Full Version : What are your top 5 things before Winterization?

Martin Slovakia
11-02-2020, 02:11 PM
Guys,
here is the video about my TOP 5 things I do before winterization of TheBeast.
What are yours TOP 5 things you do?

https://youtu.be/MdgNIiZKV9E
Have an awesome day,
http://www.martinthevlogger.com/shop
Martin

bluewoo
11-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Martin, here in Pennsylvania U.S.A. my spyder is always ready for a ride. Battery tender is always used when not riding But for the most part we seem to get a good day here and there.
Look at this weeks weather for example.
Had snow showers last night and this morning 70 degrees this weekend coming up!

*Once salt is put down on the road I wont ride it period until the roads are clean by spring*

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Greensburg+PA?canonicalCityId=3d0bffb7878d1f6d36c8 70b4f9e9a2f658d1ac5d2a990baaa7cdff99cd5d6f49&cm_ven=PS_GGL_DSA_09162019_1&par=MK_GGL&gclid=CjwKCAiA-f78BRBbEiwATKRRBJICMEpAvdRtodNx1vo0oH1ww7PMfnkEegF gCjZLasc6auPIob4UgBoCwH4QAvD_BwE

I do six:

Tender
Wash and wax
Tire pressure set
Tool kit
First aid kit
Rain gear
RTL is Always ready for a spin

Bfromla
11-02-2020, 07:36 PM
:roflblack: Just another day here in Louisiana 185856nojoke:coffee:

Bluetrees
11-02-2020, 07:59 PM
MTV,
My F3S is relatively new, just 500 miles on it.
After adding a tender connection, adjustable HeliBars and a windshield, I'm adding lights.

Fog Lights
Driving lights
Sequential fender lights
LED Headlamp replacements
LED tail light replacements
and finally, ground effect lights (rock lights) just enough to create a glow under it.

It's up on the stand now...

Your question is asking what we do before winterization.
Everything you discuss in your video is winterization to me, so this is my before list.

Best wishes to you and your growing family!

Mazo EMS2
11-03-2020, 07:52 PM
last year we were done on November 1st. This week looks to be in the upper 60's into the weekend. Tuesday the temps take a digger and I suspect crummy weather will follow shortly after. Once the salt flies, the bikes get parked. My storage list consists of oil change, wash, a little extra air in the tires, fuel stabilizer and top off tank after a short ride, battery tender Jr plugged in, cover, moth balls underneath, clean out all storage compartments (don't want ANY scent of food in any of them) and a nightlight nearby to keep the critters away.

MONK
11-03-2020, 08:06 PM
What's this "winterization" you refer to?

Deanna777
11-03-2020, 09:36 PM
My last ride for the season is the first weekend in Oct here in the North East which is I ride to the dealership. I really don;t do any winterization. The dealership does all the winterization.

Deanna

Martin Slovakia
11-04-2020, 03:49 AM
Martin, here in Pennsylvania U.S.A. my spyder is always ready for a ride. Battery tender is always used when not riding But for the most part we seem to get a good day here and there.
Look at this weeks weather for example.
Had snow showers last night and this morning 70 degrees this weekend coming up!

*Once salt is put down on the road I wont ride it period until the roads are clean by spring*

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Greensburg+PA?canonicalCityId=3d0bffb7878d1f6d36c8 70b4f9e9a2f658d1ac5d2a990baaa7cdff99cd5d6f49&cm_ven=PS_GGL_DSA_09162019_1&par=MK_GGL&gclid=CjwKCAiA-f78BRBbEiwATKRRBJICMEpAvdRtodNx1vo0oH1ww7PMfnkEegF gCjZLasc6auPIob4UgBoCwH4QAvD_BwE

I do six:

Tender
Wash and wax
Tire pressure set
Tool kit
First aid kit
Rain gear
RTL is Always ready for a spin

Wash and wax its my next thing to do. I will just skipp wax, coz i have wrap on tge bYke :))
I can see somebody has a new toy in house :))))

Martin Slovakia
11-04-2020, 03:50 AM
:roflblack: Just another day here in Louisiana 185856nojoke:coffee:

Hehehe, must be fun to rYde down there :))))))))

Plarimer
11-04-2020, 04:27 PM
And if you don’t like that mothball smell, use Irish Spring soap. Just put it on top of the box it came in directly underneath the spider. Used it for years and not had a problem including squirrels.

Plarimer
11-04-2020, 04:30 PM
I’ve used turtle wax ice now for a few years on all my vehicles and you can put it on anything from the windshield to flat black trim. Works great.

bluewoo
11-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Wash and wax its my next thing to do. I will just skipp wax, coz i have wrap on tge bYke :))
I can see somebody has a new toy in house :))))

Yes I do! Your review was excellent and very helpful!!

I'm just not happy its rut season and the deer are blowing up on the highways every morning it getting worse.
I have to get on an Interstate 65+ MPH and I'll wait till after deer season is over with, then its safer to be on Two Or Three wheels!!
This weekend looks got for a daytime ride But still have to be cautious.

Plarimer
11-04-2020, 04:54 PM
Five accidents in Lancaster County last night with a deer.

gerald37
11-04-2020, 05:22 PM
I live in Iowa and if the roads stay dry I ride. I keep the battery charged and a cover over it in my garage but it is always ready to ride.

Motorcycledave
11-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Guys,
here is the video about my TOP 5 things I do before winterization of TheBeast.
What are yours TOP 5 things you do?

https://youtu.be/MdgNIiZKV9E
Have an awesome day,
http://www.martinthevlogger.com/shop
Martin

What is winterization ?

Motorcycledave
11-06-2020, 10:14 PM
I’ve used turtle wax ice now for a few years on all my vehicles and you can put it on anything from the windshield to flat black trim. Works great.

I put mine in the garage... a lot less work

Motorcycledave
11-06-2020, 10:15 PM
And if you don’t like that mothball smell, use Irish Spring soap. Just put it on top of the box it came in directly underneath the spider. Used it for years and not had a problem including squirrels.

And it smell good too

Fat Baxter
11-09-2020, 10:20 PM
Don't forget the tires -- swap out the summerweight air for winterweight.

canamjhb
11-09-2020, 11:01 PM
Winterization here involves:
1. knocking the dust off the bike
2. checking tire air pressure
3. filling with fuel
4. emptying the bladder
5. riding, riding, riding

BTW Martin, I always enjoy your vids..... Jim

Peter Aawen
11-10-2020, 01:01 AM
Don't forget the tires -- swap out the summerweight air for winterweight.

Blinker fluid!! Gotta put in winter-weight Blinker Fluid too!!.... :rolleyes:

But that can be hard stuff to find in Oz, so it's probly a good thing I ryde pretty much year round! :ohyea: :thumbup:

PS: Thanks for another great Vid Martin! :2thumbs:

MONK
11-10-2020, 08:10 AM
Blinker fluid!! Gotta put in winter-weight Blinker Fluid too!!.... :rolleyes:

But that can be hard stuff to find in Oz, so it's probly a good thing I ryde pretty much year round! :ohyea: :thumbup:

Once a year, you should always flush your blinker fluid. Blinker fluid is easy to find up here in the US. It's non toxic so it can be shipped internationally. I'd be happy to hook you up with some. Currently it's selling for about $28/quart and you'll need 4 quarts. Add tax and shipping and you're looking at about $450AUD. PM me if you're interested.

MonPaul
11-10-2020, 02:03 PM
last year we were done on November 1st. This week looks to be in the upper 60's into the weekend. Tuesday the temps take a digger and I suspect crummy weather will follow shortly after. Once the salt flies, the bikes get parked. My storage list consists of oil change, wash, a little extra air in the tires, fuel stabilizer and top off tank after a short ride, battery tender Jr plugged in, cover, moth balls underneath, clean out all storage compartments (don't want ANY scent of food in any of them) and a nightlight nearby to keep the critters away.

Never heard the nightlight trick, I bet that works! Mice got a hold of the wiring in my ATV last winter so I will arm my garage.

bikergirl
03-25-2022, 11:59 AM
Hi
I used Irish spring soap all over the bike.In the rear compartment ,frunk, under seat ,on top of engine. Critters ate the soap and left the wiring alone.
I can deal with that.