PDA

View Full Version : 2016 F3-T saddlebag break.. Am I going to be forced to replace it?

acdcking12
10-30-2020, 06:25 AM
So the part that clips from the door to the saddlebag broke. I will attach a pic. It is blurry, but you will be able to see the issue clearly enough.

Not sure how this could get fixed, and am thinking I am going to be forced to replace the door at least..Better question is can I replace just the door?

What do you guys think?

JayBros
10-30-2020, 09:50 AM
Am not familiar with your model but that broken part looks like it is attached to a liner part, probably with a single screw. I don't find the parts fiche for the bag to be too helpful. Perhaps a dealership parts guy can help precisely identify. Also if you could add another picture of the whole inside of the door it might help.

ChicagoSpyder
10-31-2020, 10:15 AM
So the part that clips from the door to the saddlebag broke. I will attach a pic. It is blurry, but you will be able to see the issue clearly enough.

Not sure how this could get fixed, and am thinking I am going to be forced to replace the door at least..Better question is can I replace just the door?

What do you guys think?
It looks there is enough plastic left where you could fab a piece of metal that you can attach to the broken tab with a small screw and some epoxy.
I would think that you could just order the door from BuRP if my solution fails.

PW2013STL
10-31-2020, 10:36 AM
Yes you can purchase just the door, but it's expensive. I looked at my wife's 2018 F3l and I see one of her latches is chewed up. For the $300+ for a replacement door I will see if I can fabricate something out of aluminum first (if,or when her's breaks.

Not sure which side, or color you need, but here's what I found.
https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/p/can_am/708301994/rh-cover-monolith-black-satin

acdcking12
10-31-2020, 02:45 PM
I had a friend come over and he used JB Weld with a washer. Works great. Works better than the original.

Shadowrun
11-27-2020, 10:33 AM
...used JB Weld with a washer. Works great. Works better than the original.
:bowdown:
I haven’t snapped/busted anything on my Spyder yet (“...give it time” methinks)
But something tells me I should pick this up, and experiment (on something around the house),
so I’m ready when the dreaded day comes.

Used some epoxy with much success a few years ago (busted appliances),
just completely forgot until you mentioned that
how darn well that stuff works.

Thanks acdcking12!