PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RT Limited wont start after replacing battery U0300 Code

plescaille
10-19-2020, 08:46 AM
The battery on my 2012 rt Limited completely went dead. I went and purchased a replacement, put it in and here is what happens.

1. It powers up , however i do not hear the typical fuel pump priming.
2. All lights work and it asks to hit the mode button as usual.
3. The Kill stitch is in the proper position.
4. When I step on break and hit the start button nothing happens.
5. I opened Frunk and when i hit start I do hear some clicking on the relays. I also verified all fuses in 3 locations are not blown.
6. I am getting an error code U0300.
7. Have the battery is fully charged and all connections are tight.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Pete

Possible
10-19-2020, 09:01 AM
My service manual for Peggy's 2013 STS shows that U0300 is "Invalid security exchange received".
One action listed: "Update security coding using B.U.D.S."

Looks like a visit to the dealer may be necessary. A phone call at the least.

plescaille
10-19-2020, 09:17 AM
Uggghhhhhh. Thank you. of course the Dealers are all closed today. :gaah:

Stache
10-19-2020, 09:18 AM
I’m thinking about the possibility of a system spike when reconnecting. First thing is try is disconnecting, wait until everything dies, then reconnect. If you get the same code, then it sounds like the dealer needs to get involved

Possible
10-19-2020, 09:48 AM
Is it possible you reconnected the negative terminal first? That might explain a power surge/spike when the positive cable was connected.

plescaille
10-19-2020, 09:53 AM
Definitely did not reconnect the Negative first . SO you think that if I disconnect the battery for a while then reconnect it may clear?

Possible
10-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Give it a try, surely couldn't hurt.

plescaille
10-19-2020, 10:44 AM
:thumbup: I will let you know.

plescaille
10-20-2020, 05:37 AM
So I disconnected everything, ate dinner, came back and reconnected but "no go". It wont start and the same U0300 code. I wonder if the security features of the electric chip on key can be disabled?
Thanks again for the suggestion.

KX5062
10-20-2020, 08:46 AM
Did you look up the various threads about the DESS modules? Therein may lie your problem and solution.

billybovine
10-20-2020, 09:07 AM
Not sure how the discussion has gotten to the key chip or DESS module. Wrong systems.

U0300 Invalid Security Exchange Received.

Possible Cause
Incorrect ECM or CLUSTER,
Incorrect software version.

Service Actions
Install the proper ECM or CLUSTER on vehicle.
Update security coding using B.U.D.S.

Since you do not mention replacing the ECM or Cluster. Looks to me to be the ECM and Cluster do not recognize each other anymore. Some data has become corrupted. Plug it into BUDS and see if they can made to talk to each other again.

plescaille
10-20-2020, 09:16 AM
Thanks waiting on a friend with BUDS to come over. Was hoping there was a workaround but i do not think so...:(

plescaille
10-20-2020, 10:11 AM
Is there any other possibilities to correct this without the BUDS? Tuning Switch on and off several times? Jumping up and down while rubbing belly? anything?? :pray:

Peter Aawen
10-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Is there any other possibilities to correct this without the BUDS? Tuning Switch on and off several times? Jumping up and down while rubbing belly? anything?? :pray:

If it's the ECM/Dash/Security thing that seems to be most likely, then NO.... your only real option with this at this stage is BUDS - or a new/replacement Spyder. :shocked:

Sorry!! :sour:

plescaille
10-21-2020, 06:15 AM
:roflblack: No need for a new one. Buddy came over with BUDS and its all good :2thumbs: Thanks for the help to everyone. I have not been on here in years but still remains a great community.

Best to all!!

KX5062
10-21-2020, 08:48 AM
Not sure how the discussion has gotten to the key chip or DESS module. Wrong systems.

U0300 Invalid Security Exchange Received.

Possible Cause
Incorrect ECM or CLUSTER,
Incorrect software version.

Service Actions
Install the proper ECM or CLUSTER on vehicle.
Update security coding using B.U.D.S.

Since you do not mention replacing the ECM or Cluster. Looks to me to be the ECM and Cluster do not recognize each other anymore. Some data has become corrupted. Plug it into BUDS and see if they can made to talk to each other again.

It was a SUGGESTION to read the threads for a POSSIBLE insight into the problem. Having never had either problem I was spitballing for a POSSIBLE solution.

Eckhard
10-21-2020, 12:45 PM
:roflblack: No need for a new one. Buddy came over with BUDS and its all good :2thumbs: Thanks for the help to everyone. I have not been on here in years but still remains a great community.

Best to all!!

What did your buddy do to make it all well again?

AVBIZ
10-21-2020, 12:54 PM

Best to all!!

Are those BUDS units that expensive- saw one on Amazon for $700+....

plescaille
10-22-2020, 07:15 AM
They are expensive but I do not know how much he paid. He is also a mechanic and has experience with the software. I believe he re synced the ECM with the cluster and then applied the updates which were lost.

plescaille
10-22-2020, 07:20 AM
Now my issue is that my blinkers are flashing fast. I have tried Lamonsters rest but it has not worked. have to try again tonight. i know there is a way since i resolved it originally(years ago) when i added my led's. just frustrating especially when i do not have a lot of free time. looking through old post now since mine is a 2012

plescaille
10-25-2020, 09:28 AM
Update on the hyper flashing. As it turns out I checked all my connections and one of my mirror connections was the problem. If people are unable to resolve a hyper flash using the prescribed method I strongly suggest they double and triple check all connections.