PDA

View Full Version : splash guard off fuel mod on

aka1004
08-22-2009, 11:58 PM
i installed fuel mixture tuning thingy(it's simple little device to trick spyder to think it's colder to feed itself more fuel) from magnumtuning and took the splash guard off.
i rydden enough to say magnum tuning thing does work and splash guard removal has not changed much.

i set the tuner to it's highest setting and it pulled much harder on all the gears but really could not put all spyder's added torq on to pavement. i probably need a suspension upgrade now...
i don't think i will ever get rid of first gear blues with a se5. it still is too sluggish off the line. with se5, i do not have the option to start off the line with higher rpm and i believe that's what's hurting my start off the line.
once spyder gets to rpm she likes on first gear, it takes off so hard i do have to hold on HARD rest of the gears. i set the tuner back a little to save on gas(spyder was consuming alot of gas) but, i am gonna have to turn it back up and just exercise more self-control:D to go easy on the throttle.

removal of splash guard did not do anything on stop and go traffic as expected, but also did not do much on moderate speed ryding or at freeway speed. they will go back on when i do oil change and do that fan controller thing or just a manual switch.

Beon1
02-26-2011, 08:12 PM
I have searched all threads and you are the only one talking about this Magnum tuning. The product is cheap enough. Why are not more peopple using it and any problems with the spyder because of it? Any one put the spyder on a dyno before and after.

boborgera
02-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I have searched all threads and you are the only one talking about this Magnum tuning. The product is cheap enough. Why are not more peopple using it and any problems with the spyder because of it? Any one put the spyder on a dyno before and after.

I don't think there's been more than one or two Spyder's on a Dyno :dontknow:
Most use seat of the pants Dyno, Not very accurate but what ever floats your boat :ohyea:
On the Magnum thing go to the Honda Fit forum and see the comments about the Magnum.

aka1004
02-27-2011, 01:47 AM

There were couple of more ryders who posted about this and both had good reviews on it. I've been looking for similar attenuator that controls temperature but with bigger knob on it so I can mount it where I can adjust on the fly while mounted on the spyder. Magnum thingy uses very small screw for adjustment.
It is very simple device with just couple of parts but it works very well but some may not like the idea of cutting ambient temperature wire to splice this in. No big deal for me.
I do feel that it should not cost as much as what they are charging... It's really a resistor and a attenuator imbedded in waterproof goo but I can't make one so...