PDA

View Full Version : Houston, San Antonio, Austin Meet/Eat

glynnk
08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Now the weather may start to get a little cooler (wishful thinking on my part), how bout meeting up at some central location for a Spyder meet/eat get together on some weekend? I'm not sure where that "central point" would be, but surely we can find some place between Houston, San Antonio, Austin that would give us all a good day ride for a lunch meet. Somebody put their "thinking caps" on and come up with some possible places and post it here.

Glynnk

ozzie
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Now the weather may start to get a little cooler (wishful thinking on my part), how bout meeting up at some central location for a Spyder meet/eat get together on some weekend? I'm not sure where that "central point" would be, but surely we can find some place between Houston, San Antonio, Austin that would give us all a good day ride for a lunch meet. Somebody put their "thinking caps" on and come up with some possible places and post it here.

Glynnk
dont forget about the lone star bike rally in galveston. (oct 29- nov 1). http://www.lonestarrally.com/ :yes:

heres a link to other texas rally's http://www.lightningcustoms.com/texas-rallies-events.html

3wheeldemon
08-22-2009, 10:04 PM

Glynnk

Great idea:2thumbs:. I looked at the map, to find a good place in the middle of the three cities. La Grange is right in the middle! Unfortunately the Chicken Ranch is closed:roflblack: but there seems to be good places to eat there:
http://www.lagrangetourism.com/food.html

I got a friend that knows the state inside-out. I will ask him for good places in the general area.

PS: ozzie: I will check the links you posted.

3WD

glynnk
08-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Great idea:2thumbs:. I looked at the map, to find a good place in the middle of the three cities. La Grange is right in the middle! Unfortunately the Chicken Ranch is closed:roflblack: but there seems to be good places to eat there:
http://www.lagrangetourism.com/food.html

I got a friend that knows the state inside-out. I will ask him for good places in the general area.

PS: ozzie: I will check the links you posted.

3WD
Hahahaha...yeah, I think we're a little late for the Chicken Ranch! Interested to hear what your friend might suggest. You've noticed that this post hasn't, as of yet, gotten any response from San Antonio or Austin ryders yet. Come on SA and Austin, we know somebody's out there.
See you and Ozzie in the morning.

Glynnk

Ghost_Ryder
08-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Hahahaha...yeah, I think we're a little late for the Chicken Ranch! Interested to hear what your friend might suggest. You've noticed that this post hasn't, as of yet, gotten any response from San Antonio or Austin ryders yet. Come on SA and Austin, we know somebody's out there.
See you and Ozzie in the morning.

Glynnk

I'm here in San Antonio and I'm open for a ride.

glynnk
08-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Does LaGrange seem like a good place to meet for you and other SA or Austin folks?

Glynnk

Kjen
08-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Sure hard to choose a location; TX being so big and all. Hi Glynn was nice meeting you. Have a great get together whenever it happens. Kind of nice having others to ride with.

Brevet05
08-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I am in Virginia for a week, so haven't had time to check the map on locations. I'm up for a ride, but given my other commitments, the closer to San Antonio we can get, the less chance of my having to sleep on the porch when I get back...

glynnk
08-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Sure hard to choose a location; TX being so big and all. Hi Glynn was nice meeting you. Have a great get together whenever it happens. Kind of nice having others to ride with.

Jen--Nice to hear from you. Have you and Dudley recuperated from the trip? I can't imagine how you top the trip y'all just completed, but is there a round 2 trip in the works/

Glynnk

glynnk
08-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey, folks, let's go ahead and set a date and location for a meet/eat and make it in LaGrange. Hopefully, we can pull in some SA and Austin ryders. 3Wheel, did you ever get your friend's advice on a place to meet and eat in LaGrange? Wanna do it on a Saturday or Sunday, in September or October? Houston area folks could meet somewhere local and Ed can plan the route. What do you say Ed?

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
08-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey, folks, let's go ahead and set a date and location for a meet/eat and make it in LaGrange. Hopefully, we can pull in some SA and Austin ryders. 3Wheel, did you ever get your friend's advice on a place to meet and eat in LaGrange? Wanna do it on a Saturday or Sunday, in September or October? Houston area folks could meet somewhere local and Ed can plan the route. What do you say Ed?

Glynnk

I am game. Seeing my friend tomorrow. I have a hunt in Oct 1-4. any other weekend is good. Lets try September.

3WD

Ghost_Ryder
08-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Does LaGrange seem like a good place to meet for you and other SA or Austin folks?

Glynnk

I can make a trip to LaGrange on a Saturday. Only Saturday I have in September is 9/26. Right now open on Saturday's in October.

glynnk
08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Okay, let's set it for Saturday, September 26th 12:00 noon in LaGrange at a location to be determined. Ozzie, Ed, 3Wheel, Chris you guys in?

Any other Houston area ryders interested, just respond here as well as SA and Austin folks.

Specific location details to follow.

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
08-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I am in:yes:. My buddy was not familiar with La Grange eateries, but we are not a fancy crowd anyway. Let's research a bit more an pick a place!

3WD

TonyMac
08-30-2009, 09:53 AM
La Grange on 9/26 sounds good. I've been wanting to get in on a Texas Sypder ride for a while. Looking at the map, I think I'll plot out some back roads there and back. Should be fun. See you there

Tony

Arana
08-30-2009, 10:16 AM
How far is La Grange from Killeen?

Thanks

Ghost_Ryder
08-30-2009, 04:01 PM
La Grange on 9/26 sounds good. I've been wanting to get in on a Texas Sypder ride for a while. Looking at the map, I think I'll plot out some back roads there and back. Should be fun. See you there

Tony

Hey Tony - I'd be interested in riding out to La Grange with you on 9/26 for the Spyder meetup if you want someone to tag along. Also, I'm open to riding most Saturdays if you are interested in getting together. I live in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio so I can get to about any place in SA in a half hour or less.

Send me a PM and I'll exchange contact info.

Ghost_Ryder
08-30-2009, 04:12 PM
How far is La Grange from Killeen?

Thanks

It's about 125 miles from Killeen to LaGrange. I've ridden on some of those roads and it's a real nice ride. Hope to see ya in LaGrange.

davepick
08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm in Austin and I plan to be there. I am having minor back surgery this week so I hope be healed up enough by then, if not i may still be able to make it in the car but, being new to Texas, I am very interested in getting together with other Spyder owners for some local rides.

Batmobile
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
I should be in, but around 1:00 would be better for me if it's ok with everyone else or I can just show up fashionably late.:thumbup:

ozzie
08-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Okay, let's set it for Saturday, September 26th 12:00 noon in LaGrange at a location to be determined. Ozzie, Ed, 3Wheel, Chris you guys in?

Any other Houston area ryders interested, just respond here as well as SA and Austin folks.

Specific location details to follow.

Glynnk

im in. anytime works for me. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

LittleJohn
08-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Ive been here before. Pretty good stuff if you just gotta have more BBQ....LOL

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/567/prauses-meat-market

LittleJohn
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
And Ive never been here, but have had some kolaches delivered to me.
Dessert?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lagrange+texas+lukas+bakery&sll=33.541395,-95.888672&sspn=7.981243,12.590332&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=29.807284,-96.849976&spn=0.549326,0.786896&z=10

glynnk
08-31-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm in Austin and I plan to be there. I am having minor back surgery this week so I hope be healed up enough by then, if not i may still be able to make it in the car but, being new to Texas, I am very interested in getting together with other Spyder owners for some local rides.

Hope everything works out for you. If you can't come in the Spyder, hopefully, you can make it in the cage. Look foward to meeting you.

Glynnk

glynnk
08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
I should be in, but around 1:00 would be better for me if it's ok with everyone else or I can just show up fashionably late.:thumbup:
Chris--I don't think that'll be a problem. I was thinking us Houston area folks could meet up some place and ride over to LaGrange together. We can probably move it back a bit.

Glynnk

glynnk
08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Ive been here before. Pretty good stuff if you just gotta have more BBQ....LOL

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/567/prauses-meat-market
LittleJohn--Thanks for the info. We can never get enough BBQ or kolaches, right? You think you might be able to make it?

Glynnk

Arana
08-31-2009, 06:32 PM
It's about 125 miles from Killeen to LaGrange. I've ridden on some of those roads and it's a real nice ride. Hope to see ya in LaGrange.

Thank You Ghost Ryder, do not know yet, (my work), but I am going to try and make it there.

Arch
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Well sounds like a great ride but we should be on our way back from Gatlinburg on the 26th. Let us now if y'all decide on another date and we should be able to make it. Also BRP is way up on my Sh-- list, two weeks at the shop waiting on parts and no word yet as to when they are going to be in. I'll really be POed :gaah: if they mess up our trip.

Ed

Questions
09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
hey guys,
im down here in alvin, be glad to ride with you from houston to lagrange.
but, im comited to a ride from chattanooga, tenn. to waterloo, ala. on
sept. 15 to the 24th. trail of tears ride. im open after that, but deer season open on nov 7th. let me know.
pappy:chat:

glynnk
09-04-2009, 06:46 PM
hey guys,
im down here in alvin, be glad to ride with you from houston to lagrange.
but, im comited to a ride from chattanooga, tenn. to waterloo, ala. on
sept. 15 to the 24th. trail of tears ride. im open after that, but deer season open on nov 7th. let me know.
pappy:chat:
That sounds like a great ride. Hope to meet up with you later.

Glynnk

vwatso
09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Maybe able to make it.

vwatso

glynnk
09-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Look forward to meeting you. Check back shortly for meet/eat details.

Glynnk