PDA

View Full Version : tons of probs se5 trans

dontb1000
08-22-2009, 02:51 PM
i am a tech with 25 yrs in 12 at dealer hon kaw and seadoo cert i also have cp so spyder is the onley bike for bike have been at dealer 3 times they have had for over a mouth it has been in shop for a total of about 5 mouth it has had all the probs like the brakes steering and all the rest trans has got me stuck tons of times and allmost hit i am going to sue brp anyone like thats had it with brp

krb1945
08-22-2009, 03:07 PM
problems. My SO has a 2009 SE5 and as of this date it has been perfect. Your dealer may not be aware of the transmission ground modification and I was told there is also a spring and another component that is updated when there is a troublesome problem with the SE5. The software update was done on this SE5 about 3 weeks ago and my SO says the update helped with steering and improved the shifting. If you search some of the threads on this site you can find out exactly what to ask for when you head to the dealer to get it fixed. I know the threads are on here because I read them... my little gray cells are worn out and I just can't remember where they are.

Good luck!:thumbup:

dontb1000
08-22-2009, 03:26 PM
problems. My SO has a 2009 SE5 and as of this date it has been perfect. Your dealer may not be aware of the transmission ground modification and I was told there is also a spring and another component that is updated when there is a troublesome problem with the SE5. The software update was done on this SE5 about 3 weeks ago and my SO says the update helped with steering and improved the shifting. If you search some of the threads on this site you can find out exactly what to ask for when you head to the dealer to get it fixed. I know the threads are on here because I read them... my little gray cells are worn out and I just can't remember where they are.

Good luck!:thumbup:
thanks my just had all udates but i have a it with the bike