PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Police Motorcycle Training Seminar

Director
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Today was the last of three days of practice, learning and competition for police motorcycle operators from across North America. This was a big event. BRP was present with a Spyder display, and a lot of interest was expressed by a number of police services. Demo rides were offered, and a lot of motorcyle police officers took adavantage of the opportunity. Almost all of them came back with huge grins. I believe we will see more police Spyders on the road in the future.

The first pic is my friend and Spyder owner Noukone Thammavongsa.
Next is a flypast by a group of World War 2 vintage Harvard (aka Texan) trainers.
In the third pic, Noukone and I have pulled our Spyders into the BRP display. As you can see, we had a mixed bag of weather today!
The last two photos show the "Last Rider Standing" competition, where the object is for two motorcycles to approach from opposite directions into the designated area and each rider attempts to force the other to lose balance or go out of bounds. There is some real heart-stopping action in this one, and occasionally as you can see, some contact does occur. BRP rep Ben DaPonte was ready to compete with one of the Spyders, but the seminar organizers thought that would be cheating!

Cheers,

Bruce

fastfraser
08-23-2009, 07:36 AM
:2thumbs: I see the O.P.P. are interested. Maybe the Gold Helmets will switch to the :spyder2:s . I would pay to see them perform.

Firefly
08-23-2009, 10:57 AM
:2thumbs::thumbup:

Director
08-23-2009, 01:03 PM
:2thumbs: I see the O.P.P. are interested. Maybe the Gold Helmets will switch to the :spyder2:s . I would pay to see them perform.

Yeah, they also had a "slow race" where of course the object is to see who can keep going the slowest in a straight line using clutch control and careful braking without putting a foot down or veering off line. We really wanted to enter the Spyder, but again, I think the organizers thought we would have a bit of an advantage! :clap: As BRP rep Ben said, "I've got a full tank of gas. I could sit there all day!" :D

Bruce

cwhcwh
08-24-2009, 10:11 AM
:2thumbs: Wish my department would look into getting a couple :spyder2:s